Ren'Py Abandoned Forbidden Wish [v0.3] [XR6]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

XR6

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Most likely yet another aboned project:unsure:
Though Madison has fell asap here:HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It seems like it, but is not really. The project is still under development, unfortunately goes very slow. Why?
Because I have a day job, so I cannot dedicate so much time as I want, and the main reason is "One man gamedev".

Still, the project definitely will continue! Just bear with me, for a little more time. Next release will be soon. When?
When will be ready!

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It seems like it, but is not really. The project is still under development, unfortunately goes very slow. Why?
Because I have a day job, so I cannot dedicate so much time as I want, and the main reason is "One man gamedev".

Still, the project definitely will continue! Just bear with me, for a little more time. Next release will be soon. When?
When will be ready!
glad to hear that(y)
when you have time perhaps it would be good to post few teasers, just to keep the thread/interest alive.

Reactions: driverman and XR6

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
View attachment 1753571
Forbidden Wish v.03 Available!
It's been a while since my last release. Thanks for your patience.
Please keep in mind that this is a free version so take it how it is.
For a full game experience download the Patreon version.​
Looking at this post and then at your patreon page, I think you won't attract much interest. It clearly reads like there is "paywalled" content. And honestly, that would be the worst business decision you can make. Make it time exclusive for each tier (e.g. 14 days for highest, 4 days later for 2nd highest and so on) and finally for the lowest tier. We "freeloaders" would then finally get our hands on it, too. But more importantly no supporter would feel left out just because they can't or don't want to afford that much. And there is always someone that could additionally get attracted to support your work. Like this, not so much. And honestly, I won't even bother with this game anymore, if my assumption about "paywalling" is right, even if you release a cut version for free. I mean, would you play e.g. a racing game, that the publisher/developer releases for free but only contains 15% (number is completly imaginary) of the whole content? Probably not. And sorry if I may sound a bit offensive on this. But I hate seeing people, trying to accomplish something and then running into a dead end, just because they have no "real" knowledge on how to handle a business properly.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I'm having a difficult time getting past...
  • MC's parents have been missing for 8 months and only now is a guardianship/custody thing happening? Even if he lived at school and was going to stay living at school until Summer, something would have been done/said.
  • Nobody's explaining who Claire/Olivia are to MC's parents that they would ask these ladies to watch over their child if they were unable to. And the idea that one of them would take care of him and there's no first choice/second choice thing in place? Weird.
  • You should see if you can find yourself an editor to look over your use of English and offer suggestions.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Will this be a kinetic novel?
Better tag your VN correct, because some people don't like it.

The MC seems to be somewhat intelligent and polite but is constantly thinking with the wrong head?
We have enough games with immature MCs, it gets boring but maybe he is growing into a decent man. ^^

Really, blackmail?
Until that point, the game was okay-ish but after that, I kind of lost interest in the story.
Here too, tag your VN correct. Some people like blackmail some do not.
Or put a choice there if you want to do it or not.

Nice models though. ^^
Overall for a beginner, it's good. I have seen way worse VNs here. ^^
Keep it up and good luck.

Reactions: x7CB and XR6

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
If you want to make money put it on itch and steam. However remember steam requires achievements and a lot of stuff to get it placed, but running strictly patreon is a little short sited. There's also subscribe star, buy me a coffee and several others. Don't lock yourself into only one income stream. If paywalling the full game is how you are going to move forward I agree with other comments you're going to be highly disappointed. Make it tiered 3-5 layers and then free public release after lowest tier supporters. It's your business and story/game so do what you want and good luck dev.

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
So does his family actually die or is this just another "landlady/roommate" game with lines about his dead parents awkwardly thrown in here and there to keep the game on patreon?

Also has the MC grown up yet? Heard his model was a bit sussy.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
View attachment 1753571
Forbidden Wish v.03 Available!
It's been a while since my last release. Thanks for your patience.
Please keep in mind that this is a free version so take it how it is.
For a full game experience download the Patreon version.​
Is this just a one time thing or are you just using this site to promote your Patreon? Also if you think the average person will shell out 50$ a month to play releases of your game you are sorely mistaken. What is you target demographic exactly?

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes