Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
its a phone
what did you expect
It's absolutely amazing, and baffling to me at the same time, how people will try so hard to get things to work on phones, tablets and w/e else (where it normally won't work without a hell of a workaround). Meanwhile, there's the computer able to do it and more, and they're pretty reasonably priced nowadays.

oofwagon

Oct 29, 2018
its a phone
what did you expect
I mean, modern phones (I.e. anything past 2018) should be able to run fobs decently no? I played the og Rome 1 on my (at the time) new phone and it worked decently well (though obviously it was still inferior to playing on the pc).

Though Sarojin does raise a valid point, why would you try to play fobs on your phone? Even a potato laptop from 2009 can run fobs (I've tested it, though it does slow down in some areas).

Sep 21, 2020
I mean, modern phones (I.e. anything past 2018) should be able to run fobs decently no? I played the og Rome 1 on my (at the time) new phone and it worked decently well (though obviously it was still inferior to playing on the pc).

Though Sarojin does raise a valid point, why would you try to play fobs on your phone? Even a potato laptop from 2009 can run fobs (I've tested it, though it does slow down in some areas).
first off cpus in phones are too weak to run certain games properly same with phone gpus cant compare them to laptop or desktop parts especialy since 32bit and arm based stuff is simply weak (unless we are talking about server space with arm processors) fobs forsay requires certain openGL version to run properly and ofc certain amount of Vram which phones dont have enough of pc to phone ports often have bad performance on phones since it never was intendet for phone usage also native phone/mobile games get programmed purpously for phone usage so ofc native games run good compared to ports

simple cpu benchmark
Snap dragon 8 gen 2 (pretty good phone cpu) = 2677points multicore in geekbench 5

vs

my cpu from 2012

unknown.png

Last edited:

wishedtobe

Dec 19, 2022
I got an error that read out "< Igplayer fatal error. shutting down> there was an error selecting and acquiring the device" I think it has something to do with resolution but i'm not sure how to fix that. Anyone else encounter and solve this before?
Same problem.

Maiuw2

Oct 1, 2017
It's absolutely amazing, and baffling to me at the same time, how people will try so hard to get things to work on phones, tablets and w/e else (where it normally won't work without a hell of a workaround). Meanwhile, there's the computer able to do it and more, and they're pretty reasonably priced nowadays.
It's nice to play games in bed or on couch with phone sometimes xD

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes