Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Been a fan of FOBs for quite some time but i wanted to make sure that it isn't shota? I've tried looking up everywhere whether it is or not but can't seem to find an answer and haven't touched any of zell's new stuff until i know because i'm not into shota
But let's consider that the game is "shota" (don't think it is but will not say that 100% sure it's not) the fact that you had been a fan for so long doesn't mean you are a fan of "shota" to a certain extend without you realizing it (obviously you have nothing to worry if the game is not "shota" still a contradiction you should consider).

Heavenlet

Jul 28, 2018
Been a fan of FOBs for quite some time but i wanted to make sure that it isn't shota? I've tried looking up everywhere whether it is or not but can't seem to find an answer and haven't touched any of zell's new stuff until i know because i'm not into shota
If you've been a fan for this long clearly you aren't bothered. Just don't be afraid of pixels.

joshex

Jan 12, 2019
the brown haired protagonist is essentially the build of a young adult. he's definitely in his teens, or he's a dwarf.

but Zell knows quite well that people don't play the game for the protagonist, I think that's why he put Vore in the game, to let the protagonist know his place = "the players are only in it for the ladies.", that and you can clearly tell like with the Matango during sex the guy fades out completely so he's seethrough. because Zell knows not to cock-block, thats just not his vision for the game..

Further look at the design of the protagonist; brown clothes, in a basic design, brown hair in a basic cut and style, basic face. If I were to guess this was intended to be like a "default guy mightaswellnotevenhaveaface" situation.

He may be important to the story, I've noticed some interesting things; (potential spoiler though not sure)
the bench fox-girl has the same hair color, and size as him. After time seeing how they "cooperate" and she's at his home base; the kinda story I get here is the protagonist is the bench girl's brother. They were adventuring and travelling and found their way into the Forest of the blue skin, something then happened to his sister changing her into a kitsune of some form, and he set off deeper into the area to rescue her and turn her back to normal. She is always placed at the spot where new passages will be placed, as if guiding him through the land to the one(s) who turned her into a monstergirl. at least this is my interpretation of the story. (there is no official story as of yet)

ana$

Jun 22, 2021
the brown haired protagonist is essentially the build of a young adult. he's definitely in his teens, or he's a dwarf.

but Zell knows quite well that people don't play the game for the protagonist, I think that's why he put Vore in the game, to let the protagonist know his place = "the players are only in it for the ladies.", that and you can clearly tell like with the Matango during sex the guy fades out completely so he's seethrough. because Zell knows not to cock-block, thats just not his vision for the game..

Further look at the design of the protagonist; brown clothes, in a basic design, brown hair in a basic cut and style, basic face. If I were to guess this was intended to be like a "default guy mightaswellnotevenhaveaface" situation.

He may be important to the story, I've noticed some interesting things; (potential spoiler though not sure)
the bench fox-girl has the same hair color, and size as him. After time seeing how they "cooperate" and she's at his home base; the kinda story I get here is the protagonist is the bench girl's brother. They were adventuring and travelling and found their way into the Forest of the blue skin, something then happened to his sister changing her into a kitsune of some form, and he set off deeper into the area to rescue her and turn her back to normal. She is always placed at the spot where new passages will be placed, as if guiding him through the land to the one(s) who turned her into a monstergirl. at least this is my interpretation of the story. (there is no official story as of yet)
I notice that too, and it would be cool if that was the story of FOBS, but it probably won't have a story, but who knows Zell might give it one and if so, I'd like to see something similar too your prediction.

Plazaza

Feb 3, 2019
I'm suddenly reminded of this game today.
So I went to the dev blog game's download page but then meet with this...
1724519113728.png

Plazaza

Feb 3, 2019
The original blog is not available anymore, they share most of the updates and post on Fanbox now .
From the recent post, it looks like he is remaking Forest of the Blue skin (While Shiratane no Tou is still in development??)
Cool.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
From the recent post, it looks like he is remaking Forest of the Blue skin (While Shiratane no Tou is still in development??)
Cool.
Shiratane Tower is now being worked into a "playable" version, for some time the dev only worked in adding new Monster girls and animations and now the function of grabbing everything and make an actual game passed to the hands of some other dev, in the remaining time the first dev is back to remaking the original FOGS games releasing a new version each month like they did before for Shiratane Tower.

DeathSerpent1

Aug 27, 2021
Game design matters.

In my opinion, if a game is designed to incentivize certain actions that's part of the erotic intent of the game.
In SHRIFT, you gain SP by fucking your demons in MY ROOM after every chapter until you max out their affection and open their last chest. Only then can you afford the skills to progress your character further.

So the game incentivizes you to hang out with girls to get to know them more, and raise their affection to 100. People will naturally gravitate towards doing that, and it'll affect their erotic perception of the game.

If you could rape the girls you defeat until they join you like Succubus Affection, that would change the erotic perception of it.

Like, the designers chose the mechanics they did to get the feeling they did.
i have now found a new game to play

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
Apr 8, 2019
Wow, I didn't think I'd live to see the day Zell returned to FoBS. I didn't mind some of the enemies in his little horror title but I'm thrilled he's returning to his roots. OG FoBS was where he first cooked.

I'm not overly excited about the first demo, it's slow as usual for a PGM game (second version is a bit better but slows down in the waterfall area). Definitely thinking moving to GODOT is the right way forward since a return to Unity could result in them trying to tax downloads again. Yuck.

Last edited:

Sidmanc

Jul 8, 2024
the likes of you must be the reason behind the annoying disclaimer about the age of characters in every other game

4.40 star(s) 15 Votes