• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 13 Votes

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Forgotten Pathways [v0.1] Compressed

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.47 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 360 MB: - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 345 MB: - WORKUPLOAD

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my
Hi. I get many missing images with the compressed version, eg this one:
screenshot0001.png

I downloaded now the uncompessed version, there the image is shown:
screenshot0002.png

Reactions: JenusKudo

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ForgottenPathways-0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeSaint

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
I'm having the same issues for making a compressed version for my port. Seems Unren has troubles to extract the whole "cap 5" folder. It's either empty (with Unren v1.0.10b) or even won't let me extract the rpa file (all other Unren versions I have).
Same here

Reactions: CoffeeSaint
Jan 14, 2023
Uncompressed is working fine.

The story is also working overtime, in the first 10 mins of exposition:

Game: "Hi! We're all trapped under a science fiction dome: yes, literally the entire country. We're a Monarchy though, for no apparent reason. Btw, Magic exists. Everyone under 18 gets arrested. Yes, we have Mages *and* advanced Scientists. But cars are rare and only for super rich people. Our Monarchy runs the DNA program that also imprisons all children because the magic dome makes everyone sterile for **REASONS**. No, this doesn't make any of us uncomfortable. Did I mention our magic power source is called "ARSEnorite"?"

Player: Wut.

Game: "This game is also a High School Simulator and you need to complete your studies in four different classes"

Player: WTF?

Game: "Also, we're going to shorten ARSEonite to ARSione and it's going to be central to the plot. We'll be mentioning it a *LOT*. An entire class is going to be dedicated to studying ARSEONITE. Yep, material science and geology is gonna be real important to this game. Gonna introduce our Director of ARSEONITE now"

Player: But.. why?

Game: "Not going to make a big thing about this, but your goal when you graduate is totally to get rid of the dome and start a genocidal war for revenge immediately, so better get good grades so you can lead our glorious forces!! Time to have some fun drinking to bond with all your class mates!!! Who you'll be joining in our glorious blood bath of revenge when you graduate!!"

Player: You what?!?

Game: "Yep! Getting good grades in school is important for life! Also finance is more important than magic, for **REASONS**. Let's have some light-hearted FUN!"

Player: ...

Seriously: tonally, I'm not sure this isn't supposed to be a comedy? Or.. some kind of really specific satire of politics from a non-English speaking developer. It's more than "throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks", it's "take this LSD and speed-run *every* TV SF / Fantasy show in an amphetamine rush".

~

Models are nice though (apart from every male character who have small hedgehogs pinned to their faces).

Last edited:

aQrata

Jan 9, 2018
Not sure if the dev is around or not but just in case: after closing and reopening the game the mcs name got replaced with 3 question marks, not quite sure whats the trigger but since the name is replaced in dialogues, choices, etc i bet the var got deleted or something. Tried reloading previous saves and the name was missing as well so yeah gonna wait for a patch or .2 to try again. Good luck.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Not sure if the dev is around or not but just in case: after closing and reopening the game the mcs name got replaced with 3 question marks, not quite sure whats the trigger but since the name is replaced in dialogues, choices, etc i bet the var got deleted or something. Tried reloading previous saves and the name was missing as well so yeah gonna wait for a patch or .2 to try again. Good luck.
Same issue here. Seems to revert to the wrong var on restart, as it's using the var for the intro part/beginning before we get a name at all(hence ???). And that might be for the simple reason that both vars are too similar, and the dev forgot which is what and used the wrong var. Or there is something in the scripts that resets which var to use somehow, which should not be there. I just used URM to do a patchwork fix for the name issue.
1686464263333.png
As you can see, mc_name is what's supposed to be used, but instead it uses MC.name.

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Enjoyed that first release could be a fun game. Anyone else think the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
? Not sure what happened with the Dev, hopefully they're just resetting things for some reason.

Reactions: Ochilochin
Jan 14, 2023
Sorry, I'm afraid there is no answer, the developer just deleted all their contact information(itch,patreon,discord), game was released for free yesterday...

...I guess it was political satire. Felt South Korean or :winnie the poo: territory, personally. Shame: if (s)he'd paced the story exposition a little better, got a handle on some of the weird vibes (which would be fine if it actually turned out that this 'perfect village' was a dystopia and you turned rebel) and kinda realised that "ARSEonite" is really funny to native English speakers, it did have promise.

Also, I'm presuming after introducing Margot the dump to splash screen is the end of current (ever) content but the game doesn't actually tell you that. Other than it being an obvious cliff-hanger.

Reactions: Ochilochin

Ochilochin

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2023
Hey everyone! Ochilochin here (the real deal, I promise). I ran into some personal problems and had to temporarily take down the pages (especially the Discord, my bad!). But no worries, I'm working on it and will have everything back up and running tomorrow, including the Discord server!

I just wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for all the compliments, encouragement, and comments. Rest assured, I'm already working on solving some of the issues you've mentioned, but there are a few that I'll only be able to fix in version 0.2. I'm also working on making the game lighter, as 3.5GB isn't exactly great for a V0.1

By the way, I invite each and every one of you to join me on the Discord server once it's back up. It's a great place to connect and share ideas/feedbacks. I'll share the new invite link asap.
Stay tuned for the updates, and thanks again for your support!

Ochilochin

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2023
Uncompressed is working fine.

The story is also working overtime, in the first 10 mins of exposition:

Game: "Hi! We're all trapped under a science fiction dome: yes, literally the entire country. We're a Monarchy though, for no apparent reason. Btw, Magic exists. Everyone under 18 gets arrested. Yes, we have Mages *and* advanced Scientists. But cars are rare and only for super rich people. Our Monarchy runs the DNA program that also imprisons all children because the magic dome makes everyone sterile for **REASONS**. No, this doesn't make any of us uncomfortable. Did I mention our magic power source is called "ARSEnorite"?"

Player: Wut.

Game: "This game is also a High School Simulator and you need to complete your studies in four different classes"

Player: WTF?

Game: "Also, we're going to shorten ARSEonite to ARSione and it's going to be central to the plot. We'll be mentioning it a *LOT*. An entire class is going to be dedicated to studying ARSEONITE. Yep, material science and geology is gonna be real important to this game. Gonna introduce our Director of ARSEONITE now"

Player: But.. why?

Game: "Not going to make a big thing about this, but your goal when you graduate is totally to get rid of the dome and start a genocidal war for revenge immediately, so better get good grades so you can lead our glorious forces!! Time to have some fun drinking to bond with all your class mates!!! Who you'll be joining in our glorious blood bath of revenge when you graduate!!"

Player: You what?!?

Game: "Yep! Getting good grades in school is important for life! Also finance is more important than magic, for **REASONS**. Let's have some light-hearted FUN!"

Player: ...

Seriously: tonally, I'm not sure this isn't supposed to be a comedy? Or.. some kind of really specific satire of politics from a non-English speaking developer. It's more than "throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks", it's "take this LSD and speed-run *every* TV SF / Fantasy show in an amphetamine rush".

~

Models are nice though (apart from every male character who have small hedgehogs pinned to their faces).
Hello, how are you?Dev here!
First of all, thank you very much for your honest feedback! This kind of comment helps me a lot in building a better story each time. I would like to draw attention to a few points:

• The political context was just introduced. Many of these seemingly unrelated questions have already been fully thought out (and most of them are already written). Those who reach the end of the game will not be left without answers. But I apologize for some anxiety in introducing so many themes at once... I understand it may have been confusing.
  • The abrupt alternation between very serious subjects and light (and quite detached) moments is intentional. My intention is to approach satire. And I can tell you that the focus of the story will not be school life.
  • Finally, regarding the infinite variations of the name: arsenorite, arleone, arsione. The last one was a typo (I'll blame the lack of sleep :D). There are only two names: Arsenorite (Mineral and Arsenorite Company) and Arleone (Neighborhood). The similarity is intentional.
Well... I think that's it. And thank you once again!

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes