Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Version 0.12.4.2 bug report: when selecting a new building to build, the "All" and "Buildable only" buttons appear to be switched, i.e. pressing "All" only shows buildings which can be built while "Buildable only" shows all of them.

Reactions: darkofoc

Tnaulg

Jun 23, 2018
Great game, I am surprised there's someone out there who can develop a game that good that fast.
However, while there's a lot of content in the game, there isn't much about how to unlock it. For instance, say I want my flesh shaping technology advanced, how do I get the quest ? While it's really fun at first, trying to discover things, it becomes frustrating. Maybe something like a hintlist somewhere, or a whole walkthrough on the side idk...

FlamesOfFury

May 4, 2017
Has anyone successfully tweaked values of their svalers/slaves?

I have tried to use Notepad++(code simply became a soup), (values can be tweaked, but it seems to not affect the game), and a Dev Tool (which either also does not work, or I simply don't know what can be changed without breaking game)
The online Save Editor works, did you reload your save after downloading?

You can also uncompress future saves by editing the index.html in the same way that is done for free cities. You change the lzstring variable to something specific (I forgot where I found it).

Reactions: CrackNutter

CrackNutter

Nov 18, 2018
The online Save Editor works, did you reload your save after downloading?

You can also uncompress future saves by editing the index.html in the same way that is done for free cities. You change the lzstring variable to something specific (I forgot where I found it).
I tried to refresh the page after loading changed save, it gave me this.
Screenshot_118.png

When i loaded unedited save and refreshed, same thing happened.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.12.4.3 have to exist because I forgot to put one feature in: a quest to convert slave to slavers. I did a last sweep of the thread to make sure all feedbacks are addressed, and found this hahaha... Hopefully this is the last version before v1.0.0! Once v1.0.0 roll out hopefully with the entire core of the game finished it will be much easier for people to add new things in.

Also addressed all the address-able concerns and feedbacks, thanks so much for them!

Hermenegild Help text for some locations are implemented now. The idea about hiding fulfilled requirement is such a good idea, and is in the game too. Thanks! Also fixed the reported bug.

Tnaulg You are absolutely right, it was completely unintuitive before how to get each of the unlocking items. Expanded their texts now which should give a strong hint where to find them. The flesh-shaping quest in particular is in the southern seas.

I believe the reason the game is so incredibly fragile to refreshes is because of a SugarCube 2 bug with their <<widget>> element. The game could be rewritten to avoid using <<widget>> entirely, but there are 315 places I used it right now so it'll take too much time for too little gain.

Last edited:

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
a quest to convert slave to slavers.
Is there going to be quests both ways, slave --> slaver *and* slaver --> slave?
Also, regarding the relationship system: Does the relationship to slaves affect their performance in training/missions? A slave that loves/hates(fears) you wants to learn more (greater success odds) in training or perform better in missions like Fuckhole Fair, etc.

As far as playtesting credits, sure, as long as the F95 community as a whole gets a shoutout too. We're all in this with our perversions together. ;)

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Someguy01 As of now, only slave -> slaver, which is actually a new slave training under a new training chamber building. There are no slaver -> slave quest at the moment. If someone writes such a quest though, then it will exist!

Your relationship to a slave is purely cosmetics right now --- it'll affect some of the slave interactions.

Will do the shoutout

Last edited:

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
"Try to go to the main screen from here"

Do you mean by reset button? or is there other way?
The button is called "RESTART", not "RESET", but yes, that's the one. Restart the game (which will reinitialize all in-game variables) and load your save.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
darkofoc, here's another QoL change for you: in the (constructed) building list, the expandable buildings should be listed once and not as many times as they were expanded. Right now the list has lodging rooms and dungeon cells repeated multiple times; this is just noise. Just list the main building along with its current upgrade level, the same way as it is done for new buildings.

On a similar note, the Slavers list needs two small tweaks: an automatic "(on duty)" filter which would only list slavers with a duty assigned, and the "(not in team)" filter renamed to "(no job)" while at the same time filtering out slavers on duty.

The saving/save deletion time is a pain in the a$$ later in the game. This will not be easy to tackle, but you should look into ways to separate data to be saved from data which doesn't need to be saved. A quick look at the saved game file reveals that most of the file consists of Javascript code. If you could just replace the objects' code with a JSON representation of the object's state while keeping the code out of the save file, you'd save more than 90% of the file size (and hopefully saving time). Another thing to look for is a way to remove history data from the save file - not sure if this is the case here, but the slowdown increases with every new week, so there has to be some influence.

Last edited:

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
A tip, if nobody else hase already said it, you can use the portraits from strive for power for this game, they are usasly of a much better resolution then the random ones in the game.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Hermenegild Thanks again for the feedbacks. (On duty) and (No job) is a good idea, they are in.

I think this is better done sooner than later: Multiple feedbacks have convinced me to convert the lodging rooms into upgrades. In the latest v0.12.4.4, Lodging room, Dungeon cell, Armory storage, and Locker room have all been rewritten into a purely upgrade-based mechanic now, similar to the mission control. No more duplicate of buildings. Upgrades take improvement space now to compensate.

I am sadly well aware of the save file size thing. It was a price I paid for allowing the rapid development. It is fixable, but will cause so many bugs that I feel it's best left until after v1.0.0. Also, the save file size should scale solely based on the number of units you have --- they took about 80% of the save file size.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a way to at least halve the save time. It's in 0.12.4.5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Someguy01

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Here's a section that could be worded better that I noticed a while ago, but keep forgetting to mention:

Lv 18 easy Horny Training: Basic: Success by Team 1

At the end of the week, "Random female slave" can now make themselves hard on your command. A passing grade for this training.

Typically females don't get hard on command, it works for males but for females the text would be better as "can now get themselves wet on command" or even going with unisex text and saying "can get themselves aroused on command"

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
First of all, thx darkofoc for a good game i do actually enjoy playing it.

That said, i do like my girls to be pretty, here is a quick portrait pack i did for Humans and Elfs, if you do not want any mods uploaded here please notice me so i can take down the link at once...

When i have more time i might get down doing more portraits.

Link:

Instalation: Unzip the pack into costum unit folder

Cedo0099

Jun 29, 2019
Nice game i was following it until now but hadn't tested it. Hey nice work Darkofoc!!!

I play a lot html games they are generally a little more profound in the gameplay part of the adult games. Vn is not really my stuff...

So i know this is a text game but come on we need illustrations!!! :D Especially in the sex part you get me!

I'm gonna play a lot more and will post a review and some advice too if needed

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I am sadly well aware of the save file size thing. It was a price I paid for allowing the rapid development. It is fixable, but will cause so many bugs that I feel it's best left until after v1.0.0. Also, the save file size should scale solely based on the number of units you have --- they took about 80% of the save file size.
If I were you (which I am not), I would not release 1.0.0 with a known issue. I would call it 0.9.9, mark it as beta (as in, "all features implemented, we're fixing bugs"), and list it in the changelog as a known issue which I am working on. And the saved game size is a big issue, you can get some negative feedback because of it if you release 1.0.0 with this unfixed. But I'm not the game developer, you are, and so the decision is yours.
Our analysis results are not conflicting. The problem at hand is, the units are saved as full objects, with both data and code saved in the file. If you manage to save only data and not code, you'll really solve two issues at once: first, the saved game will get significantly smaller, second, you'll close a hole which could allow bugs to slip from one release into another by the means of a save file created with an old version.
That said, solving this problem will introduce bugs... many bugs. And it will delay the 1.0 release.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Someguy01 Thanks, all of the "hard wet" inconsistencies are fixed throughout. They're mistakes since there is a <<hard>> gender-specific command, I just forgot to use it there. Since they are text fixes, I'll combine the fixes with the next update.

Kaiww Image packs are really welcome! The only problem is that because the game is hosted in a code repository, I can only use the ones that has a specific type of copyrights. That's why I ended up using these set of images. The size is also small-ish to make the development faster.

It has been planned after v1.0.0 to make it easier to add your own custom images to the game.

It is the same problem with having custom illustrations.

Hermenegild I understand, but the main reason I'm pushing for v1.0.0 is to get more people to contribute things into the game. I am reluctant to ask wider audience to collaborate without a solid core game. I feel the save game issue is orthogonal to the engine, so I am confident it won't affect the user-added content and can be fixed later.

...you know what, since there isn't too many bugs i might as well see what I can do... heh heh.

EDIT: Checked the issue. Optimizing units will reduce save file by about 40%. Optimizing buildings by another 10%. Yeah, it can be done, but looks a little messy.

Last edited:

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
@Kaiww Image packs are really welcome! The only problem is that because the game is hosted in a code repository, I can only use the ones that has a specific type of copyrights. That's why I ended up using these set of images. The size is also small-ish to make the development faster.

It has been planned after v1.0.0 to make it easier to add your own custom images to the game.

It is the same problem with having custom illustrations.
The portrait pack is working pretty well,
it is, in part , from a portrait pack that was made up, by somone else, of other portrait packs for strive of powers, so there should not be any copyrights probelms.

The advantage to using portraits for my slavers/slaves is that is does look better because of higher resulotion, the backside is it is only the head.

Like i said when i have time, probably at the weekend, i will look into doing more portraits, perhaps i go over to do body images but no promises there. You can use anything i post here or put it up as Portrait packs.

MFG
Kai

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes