Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
darkofoc There is an issue with the building change in 0.12.4.5. If you load the saved game created in the earlier version, the number of upgrades becomes "undefined" and stays that way. Therefore, the new upgrades do not consume space, but they also have no effect in the game (i.e. upgrading lodging doesn't give you room for new slavers).

I don't think this issue occurs if you start a new game with .5, so fixing it is not a priority, just make sure the (easy) fix will make it into 1.0.

On a side note, 0.12.4.5 still thinks it's 0.12.4.4.

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Raino Kaiww Added support for custom images in v0.12.4.6
In the previous versions, the set of images are determined from the start --- if the game originally only have 13 images for elves, even if you add more than 13 it'll only use the first 13. Now, there is a "_meta.js" file in each folder that has the number "13". You can edit this number to add more images.

I was not able to use JSON file, because apparently there's a security reason that prevents javascript from reading a JSON file. So I had to work a little magic and make do with a ".js" file, which should open the same way.

Hermenegild Thanks, fixed again.

Reactions: Raino

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.12.4.7 Drastically reduces save file sizes.

Hermenegild you are right, this is a critical feature. Save file optimization is done. Wow saving feels good now hahahaha. If I have your consent, can I credit you in the game?

Last edited:

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
v0.12.4.7 Drastically reduces save file sizes.
Thank you very much!

Hermenegild you are right, this is a critical feature. Save file optimization is done. Wow saving feels good now hahahaha. If I have your consent, can I credit you in the game?
Let me quote Someguy01's message from page 11:
As far as playtesting credits, sure, as long as the F95 community as a whole gets a shoutout too. We're all in this with our perversions together. ;)
The same holds for me, you may mention me only alongside the whole F95 community.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Regarding the new Slave Conversion/Slaver Training mission:
Why would having guys with the hypnotic trait cause disaster? Hypnotic is literally the source of the Brainwashing skill we got from the nice desert lady, and one would think it would be invaluable to the process of actually brainwashing someone. Also, since they are being brainwashed, why limit them to only being "no training", as long as they haven't hit level 3 in one of the trainings they shouldn't be so far gone that a good brainwashing can't put them right, particularly when you consider the odds of success aren't great until you have a very high level and highly skilled team to actually do the brainwashing.

Reactions: darkofoc

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
darkofoc Any easy way to reconcile the build numbers? In the image attached I "appear" to have an open build slot by the sidebar to the left, but on the actual build screen, clearly I don't, because I upgraded the slaver's living space once, but the use of the build slot didn't get reflected in my total build space. Same happens with Dungeon spaces. By an advanced game, it can be off by 20+, and I'm sure it'll end up confusing newer folks wondering why they can't build when it "says they have a slot open!" and will end up getting reported as a bug by some, when people that have been following the development will know exactly why it's the way it is.

FoC.jpg

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks, all reported bugs will be fixed together in the next version, which could be v1.0.0 if there are no more bugs or gameplay-related feedbacks.

Someguy01 The hypnotic disaster thing is a mistake --- will be removed. The number of buildings showed in the menu is also a bug --- will be fixed in next update. Thanks for the reports!

For the "no training" thing --- there's two reasons. First is I want to avoid having a slaver that have a slave training trait. While the idea of an "enslaved" trainer is cute, it adds a lot of complexity burden to writers --- i.e., when writing sex scenes, this will need to be factored in. It's the same reason why although futa and null gender supports are in the game, they are not being used right now.

Second reason is because I want them to retain their "personality" --- it's not a complete brainwash per se, but more like very strong convincing that is a little bit aided by some brainwashing.

The build number is a mistake, will be fixed together in the next update!

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
For the "no training" thing --- there's two reasons. First is I want to avoid having a slaver that have a slave training trait. While the idea of an "enslaved" trainer is cute, it adds a lot of complexity burden to writers --- i.e., when writing sex scenes, this will need to be factored in. It's the same reason why although futa and null gender supports are in the game, they are not being used right now.

Second reason is because I want them to retain their "personality" --- it's not a complete brainwash per se, but more like very strong convincing that is a little bit aided by some brainwashing.
You could always delete all the slave skills when they get converted to slaver, that would fix the first reason and think of them reverting to their 'old' personality pre-slave, with just a few 'tweaks' to how they remember slavery, perhaps they got Stockholm Syndrome and think that being enslaved for a short time was the best thing that ever happened to them. Every slave training trait they have could even factor into fail/critical fail depending on how advanced it is. None of the 1st rank of slave trainings are particularly taxing to train, so they obviously aren't crushing the person's personality and will. It's the level 2 and level 3 trainings that would be really damaging to their psyche, just based on their tooltip descriptions. Not trying to force you into a decision, just looking out for folks that get literally the perfect slaver as a slave early in the game and now have to just have them sit there and do nothing for 100 turns taking up space till they get access to brainwashing. :)

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Someguy01 Nah, I think you're right. There should probably be two slaver trainings: one that has no requirement to unlock but can only convert a completely untrained slave into a slaver and traumatize them for a long while, and another one that requires the brainwasher, but can converts a trained slave into a slaver without traumatizing them, but losing all their trainings in the process.

Before I get on doing that, any thoughts?

Reactions: Someguy01

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
That's pretty optimal, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Edit#1
You could always just keep it at one training, but give penalties for trainings and a bonus on success for possessing the brainwashing skill and might save you some work though.

Edit#2
Either way, the slave skills learned could be dumped. After all, what good is keeping track of the slaver having sissy training II going to be? The traits acquired from training would be useful, like the lusty from horny trainings or the endurance critical success (elephant icon, can't remember the proper name), and some of those could even be detrimental to be stuck keeping, like subservient from obedience training and masochist trait, both drawbacks in a lot of missions.

See, all the edits is what comes from when I try and just make a quick reply and end up writing a book. :)

Last edited:

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
v0.12.4.9 adds basic and advanced slaver trainings, i.e., training to convert your slave to slaver.

Someguy01 Problem with having a slaver with slave training is that it makes every subsequent quest have to take into account this factor, which adds unnecessary complexity I think. Quest should be as easy as possible to make. I ended up with your second suggestion: They keep the traits they get from training like masochist trait, but loses the "sissy 2" training things. This is good!

Last edited:
Reactions: Someguy01

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
Where can I find the rear deal tech? Been digging through the missions in the editor for a while trying to find which one rewards it but I can't find it.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
ok how do you train slaves?
You need a building for that, Training Chamber or something like that. Then you click the Train link on the left side, choose a slave to train, choose the training, and you get a quest which you have to assign a team to actually perform the training.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions: I have a flesh shaper slaver and slave. All the talk about body modification, I see nothing.

Aslo, this game REALLY needs an auto-built team option. Next to each quest. It would automatically assemble and assign the best possible people for the job (breaking apart existing teams, but not already assigned people)

sappho

Aug 31, 2017
Where can I find the rear deal tech? Been digging through the missions in the editor for a while trying to find which one rewards it but I can't find it.
It is rewarded from a quest by the same name (The Rear Deal) that tasks you with training a slave t overy specific requirements. I think you get it from the City but I'm not sure. I've had it pop up in every playthrough I've made so it doesn't seem super rare

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
I would like to throw another question in the room.
Is there any use of the hypnotic skill jet and if so how ?

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes