Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
FoC v1.2 is here! :love:

FoC v1.2 marks a full four weeks after FoC v1.0 was released. Compared to v1.1, FoC v1.2 version adds content, better image resolution, performance, a new feature, and a bazilion other small improvements. A vast amount of work is done to improve the code base, making it easier to maintain in the future. More detailed changelog at the end, but the biggest changes are:
  • Portrait rework: Unit portraits are bigger, better, and expose their artists more. There are almost 1000 portraits now, and they are at least 16 times larger than previously. The artist credits are also now fully displayed in the game screen, including a link to their webpages if you want to support them! (Many of the artists have a patreon, do give it a visit if you like their arts.)
  • Content: 25+ new quests, 12+ new interactions (including many bedchamber-specific ones), some new events. Many older quests are also rewritten to read better. Special thanks to contributors for their writings: Alberich, Dporentel, Quiver, Kyiper.
  • Reduces lag and massive code rewriting: The amount of lag is reduced even further. This is possibly thanks to the massive rewriting effort by contributor Naraden, who rewrites almost all existing javascript files to use ES6 syntax.
  • Content creator QoL: Content creator is easier than ever to use. All you have to do now is to include the file, that's it! No other changes needed. The UI is also made easier again thanks to contributor Naraden.
FoC is always looking for contributors, be it writers, artists, programmers, or even moderation help! Unlike most other games, to add content into the game, you do not have to write code at all. This is since the game came shipped with an in-game GUI tool for adding content. More details . As of v1.2, there have been over ten people who have contributed content into the game, while much more have helped playtesting, giving feedbacks, and reporting bugs. Not sure what to contribute? Check !
Thanks mate for the great work, and thanks to the team contributing, this game given enough developing time will be amazing.

Sawazumin

Nov 29, 2018
Thanks mate for the great work, and thanks to the team contributing, this game given enough developing time will be amazing.
It's honestly super addictive even in it's current state lol, I have trouble pulling myself away when I actually play it heh. (I do enjoy management games in general though)

Reactions: Storm4n

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks, fixed both text issues in v1.2.0.1 (doesn't actually affect the game).
oh, it just text bug? i thought it'll be affect my gameplay so i rollback to avoid that. i just notice something, did you planning to add more event? because im pretty sure i never encounter with one before even i have friendship below -500.

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
There used to be an option to hide the author's name from the quest description, but I can't see it in the v1.2. Was it intentionally removed or it's a bug? That "made by..." stamp is kind of really immersion-breaking...

darkofoc

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
did you planning to add more event?
Very slowly. The rival quest was written by a contributor (Kyiper)

There used to be an option to hide the author's name from the quest description, but I can't see it in the v1.2. Was it intentionally removed or it's a bug?
Intentional. Long term plan for author display is to make them less intrusive like . No plan to bring it back.

Is the new version compatible with previous saves?
As long as your save isn't too old, should be (v1.1.0+). It is recommended to start over though, since there is quite a bit of changes to balance.

Reactions: Drafox
Feb 24, 2019
Wonder when the character you created will be able to wear slutty clothing (current version even with "Tier 3 Sex perk" 50 slutiness is too high for a slaver XD)

Reactions: Tinstaafl

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
It is recommended to start over though
should i do that too? im not feel anything wrong with my gameplay though, savefile under 200kb.
Wonder when the character you created will be able to wear slutty clothing (current version even with "Tier 3 Sex perk" 50 slutiness is too high for a slaver XD)
it'd be troublesome if slaver wearing eye cover, mitts and hooves. I mean, they're the trainer and fighter, if they using that, it'd be stupid. for me, Gold Nipple Chains and Succubus underware is already very hot if you imagine it irl, xp.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Are there any major gameplay features you're looking into adding? I'm missing content that's building the relationship between you and the slaves/rs, not going out on quests but at home.

Reactions: Jove76
Feb 24, 2019
[/QUOTE]

it'd be troublesome if slaver wearing eye cover, mitts and hooves. I mean, they're the trainer and fighter, if they using that, it'd be stupid. for me, Gold Nipple Chains and Succubus underware is already very hot if you imagine it irl, xp.
[/QUOTE]

im not that far yet and I get that but stuff like Whore collar(?), Whore Leggings, Whore Underwear..stuff that dnt restrict movement but still looks slutty..should be wearable if your MC is a Sex Addict XD

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
im not that far yet and I get that but stuff like Whore collar(?), Whore Leggings, Whore Underwear..stuff that dnt restrict movement but still looks slutty..should be wearable if your MC is a Sex Addict XD
Did it, lol. it didnt affect anything except status and unit description.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I can confirm that it works fine for old saves; but I have to say I'm not a big fan of some of the interactions you can have with the slaves; as a chest man I was disappointed to know that caressing breasts has the same repetitive act with every single NPC you encounter, it even keeps mentioning that they're lactating even if they do not..It's understandable that this work relies heavily on other previous titles like freecities so it's not easy to come up with a vast amount of original ideas and replace or overshadow those, but a bit of tweaking here and there could go a long way in making it play and look better, the quest and fort building aspects are the ones that shine the brightest in this project so far; but as someone who sunk dozens of hours on Freecities I'm still not impressed by the rest, especially the details, it's a bit lacking when it comes to describing eyes and hair, like they do not vary or even exist...overall it's a nice game but with a bit of rewriting it can become something that's hard to forget for those who try it.

Reactions: Bogman

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
but I have to say I'm not a big fan of some of the interactions you can have with the slaves.
couldn't agree enough. if only there's someone with writing skill willing to fill the interactions up, that'd be great.

Reactions: Drafox

Kar177

Jul 4, 2019
Am I missing something or is there no actual way to interact with your slaver companions besides just viewing the banter between them at the end of each week?

There's a few quests specifically for them but there just seems to be a serious lack of features in that dept (since it said 'complete')

Reactions: Jove76
4.00 star(s) 23 Votes