NReaderIsMe

Oct 7, 2019
I for the life of me cannot find a light magic master yet. Is their any tips? I have 3 slavers who have the normal light magic trait but ive played for over 200 weeks (in game time) and so far nothing
Search quests in kingdom. It would be easier to get mastery of light magic for female slaver

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
where would kingdom be exactly? I know there are humans that can come from there, but so far ive only discovered up to southern seas
If you look into lore tab you can see where you can find specific magic users.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What I am wondering is how do you change someone from normal user to master user.

AlmightyToasterPone

Nov 26, 2021
What I am wondering is how do you change someone from normal user to master user.
[/QUOTE]
found it, there are some missions that cost around 10,000 that can make a slaver have the chance to master a specific magic

Reactions: jazz154

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
They said a LONG while ago the game was 'finished' and has the ground work laid out for fan/user submitted content.
Correct. The game was complete since day one. Every little support after was to help the community have a few more official help to ease their own additions to the title. It got this big all because of the modding community adding so much to the game. But yeah, the "Abandoned" tag is unwarranted. It is about as accurate as every "Complete" title in the latest updates for games that were done over 9 years ago.

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Correct. The game was complete since day one. Every little support after was to help the community have a few more official help to ease their own additions to the title. It got this big all because of the modding community adding so much to the game. But yeah, the "Abandoned" tag is unwarranted. It is about as accurate as every "Complete" title in the latest updates for games that were done over 9 years ago.
The thing about these "modding community games" is that they are usually kept alive by that modding community (FC mod as example, the original was abandoned in 2016, as I recall, but the modded version is very much alive), while this game (the one in the headpost, not some mod that is possibly still alive) was clearly abandoned even by its community (with even Patreon/Reddit pages being closed, after being dead for a long time). Calling it "Complete" in its current state (lots of bugs and balance issues) is a huge compliment.

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
A shame it has no active developement anymore. No haven has had a quite longer development time and accumulated way more content with way more depth, it's main issue being barely enjoyable at all given it runs on RAGS, while only properly working on a deprecated version of it might I add.

If this was kept alive longer, it could've been a straight upgrade, but being abandoned right there just barely makes it a more palatable alternative. It being a "base template" for modding and further fan contribution also doesn't mean much if there's no incentive do so, no centered community development, and no particular fan project that goes beyond just amassing image packs...

Either someone sacrifices their time to further develop this/start an in-depth modding project, or this goes down as a "good, but could've been way better if given the chance" kind of game forever.

Reactions: mrfrostyxxx

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
A shame it has no active developement anymore. No haven has had a quite longer development time and accumulated way more content with way more depth, it's main issue being barely enjoyable at all given it runs on RAGS, while only properly working on a deprecated version of it might I add.

If this was kept alive longer, it could've been a straight upgrade, but being abandoned right there just barely makes it a more palatable alternative. It being a "base template" for modding and further fan contribution also doesn't mean much if there's no incentive do so, no centered community development, and no particular fan project that goes beyond just amassing image packs...

Either someone sacrifices their time to further develop this/start an in-depth modding project, or this goes down as a "good, but could've been way better if given the chance" kind of game forever.
As others have stated, it's not abandoned, it released finished day one. Everything after that was just incremental updates, community work, etc. If it's abandoned, so is every other game with the [Completed] tag that doesn't actively update anymore.

I think the fact that the game supports an open content contribution system that's easy to add more content to, rather than just saying "we done! 1.0.0", confused whatever mod tagged it as [Abandoned].

Fort of Chains is a completed, free, moddable, , TEXT-ONLY sandbox management NSFW game where you lead and manage a band of slavers in a fantasy world.
That's been in the first post since 2020, dunno how much more clear it could be.

As for No Haven, RAGS drags it down, and while it has a lot of content, it's behind a messy UI. Also, having to fiddle around and use blah blah version and having to mess with text settings and stuff so that it doesn't take 1-3minutes to save/load... yea. Too much effort, needs a migration to HTML. I guess technically they're doing that by switching to Twine? Though when that actually happens is anyone's guess.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
it's not abandoned, it released finished day one.
Considering the author implemented non-essential (i.e. non-bug-fix) sweeping changes to game fundamentals (e.g. stats/traits), that is untrue by any saner measure than a raving lunatic proclaiming "it was already done, even though it's now totally differently done, but that's totally the same done, because I am so delusional that after insisting all values of done are equal, I'll go on to prove black is white and get myself killed on a zebra crossing".

Now if sweeping changes to basics had been mods, that would be a different story. They weren't. The initial release was not finished.

If it's abandoned, so is every other game with the [Completed] tag that doesn't actively update anymore.
Hoghwash. Actually "completed" games do not have long lists of stuff that still should be implemented by somebody up on GitHub. That's a hallmark of an abandoned game.

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
Heads up about the "Household Destroyer" quest for anybody looking this up through Google.

When inviting the drow to your fort, you are supposed to be able to resist their influence if you have the right traits.

"Stubborn" "Proud" "Slaver" "Smart" "Chaste" and "Lunatic" all add +1 to your resisting score. Other traits substract from it.

"Dominant" is supposed to give you +10, but the author messed up the characters and it gives you -10 instead.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can fix it by switching the characters yourself on index.html

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes