VN Ren'Py Foster Home for Fantasy Girls [v0.3.8 Final Frontier] [CardinalRed & Tired Txxus]

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Agromaster

Oct 10, 2017
The art is nice and the story isn't really that bad either. I'd say it's got a bright future ahead of it.

My only concern is realistically, these aren't really "slaves" if the MC is straight up saying "you can leave whenever you feel like it". Old boy almost reads like he's a hop, skip, and a jump from being an abolitionist based on how he treats the slave trader. It really breaks immersion in the story and kinda defeats the purpose of the MC's background. Why would he be so consolatory toward his magical slaves if he is introduced as having an almost uncontrollable hatred of them? He even says "I'll never deny you the choice to become free if you ask for it", to a member of a species he spent 200 years fighting after years of religious indoctrination.

I understand that all of this is introduced literally in the first minute or two of the game to lay out the mechanics and allay any fears for those to timid to recognize they are playing a character who owns slaves, but the entire thing feels too forced, almost to "Teaching Feeling" levels, where it goes from "slave-owner VN" to "head-patting simulator" in record time. I would prefer an option to be "dark" spectrum with no option for the slave to just up and waltz out the door, rather than the "grey" to "light" spectrum of a romance game. But that's just my two cents on the issue.

Don't take any of this as gospel, and don't feel compelled to change course or anything. Different strokes for different folks and all that. It's a good game regardless, and I look forward to further releases in the future.

Last edited:

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
The art is nice and the story isn't really that bad either. I'd say it's got a bright future ahead of it.

My only concern is realistically, these aren't really "slaves" if the MC is straight up saying "you can leave whenever you feel like it". Old boy almost reads like he's a hop, skip, and a jump from being an abolitionist based on how he treats the slave trader. It really breaks immersion in the story and kinda defeats the purpose of the MC's background. Why would he be so consolatory toward his magical slaves if he is introduced as having an almost uncontrollable hatred of them? He even says "I'll never deny you the choice to become free if you ask for it", to a member of a species he spent 200 years fighting after years of religious indoctrination.

I understand that all of this is introduced literally in the first minute or two of the game to lay out the mechanics and allay any fears for those to timid to recognize they are playing a character who owns slaves, but the entire thing feels too forced, almost to "Teaching Feeling" levels, where it goes from "slave-owner VN" to "head-patting simulator" in record time. I would prefer an option to be "dark" spectrum with no option for the slave to just up and waltz out the door, rather than the "grey" to "light" spectrum of a romance game. But that's just my two cents on the issue.

Don't take any of this as gospel, and don't feel compelled to change course or anything. Different strokes for different folks and all that. It's a good game regardless, and I look forward to further releases in the future.
Yeh, but we need to make money with the game and best place to do so is patreon. And Patreon is against rape. I had to twist my ideas a lot to fit Patreon's guidelines.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017

In other words. I had to make it clear it was consensual.

Jun 6, 2020
I've really enjoyed the game so far, the only thing I'd like to see is a more clear way to instigate certain scenes. I have no idea how to see the sleeping nude scene or where Fey falls in the bathroom. Maybe a hint board or something? I don't know. I'd just like to see all the content in the game.

Reactions: Txxus

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
I've really enjoyed the game so far, the only thing I'd like to see is a more clear way to instigate certain scenes. I have no idea how to see the sleeping nude scene or where Fey falls in the bathroom. Maybe a hint board or something? I don't know. I'd just like to see all the content in the game.
I intend to start writing a walkthrough not far into the future.

Agromaster

Oct 10, 2017
Yeh, but we need to make money with the game and best place to do so is patreon. And Patreon is against rape. I had to twist my ideas a lot to fit Patreon's guidelines.
No argument here. Get out there and make your money man.

Gabylef

Sep 29, 2019
A tiny update, but a good update regardless.
Keep it going man and can't wait for next update!

Reactions: Txxus

Oberstein

Nov 13, 2017
It´s too bad you had to compromise to fit Patreon´s guidelines.

Is moving to another platform out of the consideration?

In any case, this looks great, Fey is very cute.

Agromaster

Oct 10, 2017
It´s too bad you had to compromise to fit Patreon´s guidelines.

Is moving to another platform out of the consideration?

In any case, this looks great, Fey is very cute.
I concur. SubscribeStar is certain a potential option, but this issue I've seen with other creators in the past is getting anymore to move over to the platform. Patreon just has more name recognition, but it uses that influence to control what content people are allowed to make. However, I've heard that it takes longer for SS to pay out than Patreon. It's a darn shame really.

Reactions: Oberstein

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
That means you filled her stress bar. If that happens she leaves to never return.
Perhaps consider giving the player a warning that's she's getting super stressed and a warning the first time the bar fills then get her some icecream to lower it a bit as a friendly tutorial. Otherwise people that like to do things that stress her out won't realize until it's too late :sneaky:

Reactions: Succubus Hunter
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes