VN Ren'Py Foster Home for Fantasy Girls [v0.3.8 Final Frontier] [CardinalRed & Tired Txxus]

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Doggo Bow Wow

Jun 3, 2017
Might be a bit unpopular around here, but I kinda like the new art better. I can see a bit more potential to it, as it is more cartoony you could make a bit more ridiculously clear expressions of feelings/emotions in certain moments, which I felt was more limiting on older one. Either way I'll probably still continue to lurk around here as this game has caught me a bit more than others. The characters are refreshingly unique, can't really draw too many parallels to other projects. The story could go in any way really, nothing really seems to limit it to a certain direction. Things that I would wish to see in the game would be random repeatable events with different outcomes and possibilities based on relation with that character. For example, entering the hallway and seeing Fey trying to move some books to her shelf, with options and reactions basing on the current relationship level. Things that would liven up the enviroment in way, things happening without you initiating them. The only thing that seems a bit odd is how Fey stands now, seems like she's standing on her heels, other than that, no complaints from me. And regarding all the criticism around it. I can understand it, but I wish people knew how to deliver it better. The fact that Txxus posts his art here regularly and for free gives me an impressions that he genuinely likes doing art. I personally know some people who do comissions that aren't NSFW and they kind of echo the same thing when it comes to art. That hearing that something they've done and put their effort into is just bad without too much context as to why is just wrecking. A genuine artist does his art to please people, make them smile, laugh or be aroused in this case... Money and what not is more of a side thing, sure a lot of them would love to do it full time, but it's more about the creation and reaction. I kind of feel that the same applies here. So please atleast try to make it constructive instead of "How is this an improvment?". Try to name things that you like and don't like about it, sure one side may be larger than the other, but then atleast there's something to look at as a mean for improving. We all have those "big" ideas at some points, most of them would be ridiculed into the ground. The difference with art is that it can be created and seen a lot easier than a buttwiper 3000.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
After listening to all the suggestions from people on my Discord, Patreons, andon Twitter, I'm finally re-reworking fey's potraits. This will be an in-between the old style and the newer style. I'm only going this extra mile to please as many people as possible while also going for something I'll be happy with.This is the last time I change it, and Idc how many people dislike it, it'll stay. I'm sorry for the people that won't be happy with it, but it will stay. I took a break, I heard my patreons and followers suggestions, and now I'm ready to continue.
1671644115214.png

Doggo Bow Wow

Jun 3, 2017
After listening to all the suggestions from people on my Discord, Patreons, andon Twitter, I'm finally re-reworking fey's potraits. This will be an in-between the old style and the newer style. I'm only going this extra mile to please as many people as possible while also going for something I'll be happy with.This is the last time I change it, and Idc how many people dislike it, it'll stay. I'm sorry for the people that won't be happy with it, but it will stay. I took a break, I heard my patreons and followers suggestions, and now I'm ready to continue.
View attachment 2253073
Among hundreds of basic 3D renders and koikatsu/honey select animations your art is a godsend imo. Whatever makes you happy with your work is good for me. Glad to see you back at it man.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I'm content with this rework. It's quite cartoony, but no longer has that sort of distortion to it.

And I agree with the other guy, literally anything is better than another square-jawed DAZ render or samey Illusion screenshot.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
View attachment 2253073
I like this, she's still super petite but not to the point of tinkerbell proportions. She looks delicate but she doesn't look like she's going to break the second we do something with her.
I also like how you've kept the aliasing, it really helps imagine how she'll look as pixel art. I think that was a small part of the problem with the last previews, they just looked better without the pixel art filter.

Looking forward to seeing where you're going with this and the next version anyway, thanks for sharing.

eerengrengt

Aug 23, 2022
View attachment 2253073
keep at it bruh this is one of the few games i actually bother checking in the development semi-regularly

Mar 11, 2021
Не могу сказать, что мне нравится новый стиль, но всё зависит от тебя. История то в любом случае интересная.

yeeterboy2

Feb 19, 2020
Please respect my decision and move along if it's still not to your tastes. I do so much to keep everyone happy but I hear way more complains than thanks. I'm tired of it.
View attachment 2253097
I like hearing that critique and feedback is actually being taken into account and incorporated into the development of this game, but goddamn if the art isn't the last thing I would seek a rework in. Fully immersive art that meshes well with the overall look of the game? Nah - gotta shit all over it so that the game's development stalls on endless reworking of the art. Fuck me man, the art is one of the highlights of this game! Not only is it refreshingly different, but it's also animated and pretty fucking nice to look at.

Also just in case the Dev needs to hear this, remember this is YOUR project, so don't be afraid to bring your vision out, whatever it may be. Just finished the current game (v0.3.8 BETA) and came here to catch up on any news, only to see this ridiculousness. DON'T FRET OVER THE ART, MAN! Don't fix what ain't broke and all that.

Anyway, cheers for making the game, I loved it so far and am looking forward to new updates. Good luck and merry Christmas!

bigtpsychoboy

Oct 2, 2018
I have been following this project for a while, and was honestly extremely put-off by Fey's new model. It was wildly cartoonish and disproportionate. However, seeing the work and passion that Txxus is putting into the project plus the reaction to to the comments about the new art had me reserve judgement.

Seeing the most recent post with the proposed compromised Fey art made me feel quite a bit better about the project moving forward. The proportions look much closer to the original art style while incorporating the new style that Txxus is going for. I really do applaud the dev for taking the criticism to heart and professionally. That is definitely not an easy thing to do.

Txxus, keeping doing what you're doing. Overall your new art is much better than the old and it is clear how much you have improved. I look forward to see where this project goes in the future!

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Love it, I think you really nailed it on this last rework. Got great expressions, cute as a button, she looks vulnerable and delicate but not like she'd get blown away by a stiff wind.
She looks so pretty on the top right one, with her laying in bed

Reactions: Txxus
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes