Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
I wouldnt mind if the story would continue with the artists writing and i would definetly PREFER if he was in charge of designing mini games and puzzles. Since i played the halloween sidestory (wich was made only by the artist) i lost all believe that theres anything about the current writer/coder that i would miss

Reactions: colosus

theinuyasha

Jun 9, 2018
I love this endeavor. I REALLY don't mind waiting for quality. If a writer has nonsense around them, then they need time to deal with it. Those who are upset by how much this is making are fools. Each person who pays for it can always opt out. Vote with your wallet and leave it be.

Wishing the team all the best. Looking forward to the full release (hopefully with some gallery-work included).

Reactions: BuggyD

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
Some of the content in the latest books feels stretched and bloated with unnecessary grindy mini games that offer nothing else then wasting your time. And its only done to increase the time you need to play to reach scenes so the book isnt over in an hour .

The halloween sidestory was much better in those regards everything involved simple puzzles that encouraged exploring everything and it was overall enjoyable to find all the dialogue

Reactions: Separin

Foresthat

Dec 4, 2018
Hey lads, love your discussions and stuff. Real big fan of some of ya. Now heres my question, so i dunno where the fuck i read it but apparently there was a third ending to book 3? Or maybe i was just dreaming or so. Anyone got any info on that?

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
I don't mind waiting for quality either. The key word here is quality. I also found Book 4 Slave Route lacking in terms of writing, minigames and overall design of the "story". It was kinda all over the place. I mean, why even include moving car animations if it serves no purpose and looks like shit? Meelo's minigame (one of more decent ones) had to be played to grind money, which in turn had to be earned to buy items required for story progression (the only thing available in the shop). So very inspired, why not just stick there a 30 minute timer so I can at least do something else. Also, do you remember there was probending? I almost forgot it, so much pointless work...

There were good moments in terms of writing, but the development chaos really shows. The crucial arc - training Korra - lacks meaningful development based on your actions, with Korra periodically alternating between stubborn and slutty. I would appreciate her inability to learn from her mistakes as an accurate portrayal of LoK Korra, but I somehow doubt it was intended.

I would agree that they didn't seem to know what they're doing. I guess the basic structure was clear to them (Korra trainer => train Korra), but apart from that they probably just had a list of stuff they wanted to include and shoved it in at random. And so I would agree that a better story structure should be decided for love route in advance. And since I believe Marty proved capable to write at least as well as cbob, this could be used to clearly divvy up the work.

Overall, I appreciated B4SR as functionally fappable. It's not exactly Chekhov, but it works. And yes, slave routes are usually worse in terms of writing, but previous ones were at least coherent, with a streamlined story and didn't break immersion due to story parts being weirdly sewn together.

What is, then, the quality standard a lot of you talk about? Is it just the magic formula of nudity+guards banter+shady cringe humor=profit?

In summation:
  • B4SR not as good as previous work
  • Marty as good a writer as cbob
  • Story structure is good AF
  • As someone suggested earlier, remember to vote with your wallet! For me, it's a vote of no confidence.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Hey lads, love your discussions and stuff. Real big fan of some of ya. Now heres my question, so i dunno where the fuck i read it but apparently there was a third ending to book 3? Or maybe i was just dreaming or so. Anyone got any info on that?
Azula ending, Mai ending, and "Zuko ending" where it's basically what happens in canon but Azula's there to fight you.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
So my post about Christmas/more like January may not be as far off as some thought. I don't want people to take my hunch wrong , I am not paying and I am not bitching just like being a realist :) The game is worth waiting for. I don't really care what their reasons are to be honest it is what it is, there is nothing we can really do damned if you do damned if you don't if all the patrons leave game does not get finished, if Mity(the team) does not feel like working on this at the moment then we don't get an update either way we wait so sit back have a drink and relax , that sounds like a plan to me.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez
May 30, 2020
I don't mind waiting for quality either. The key word here is quality. I also found Book 4 Slave Route lacking in terms of writing, minigames and overall design of the "story". It was kinda all over the place. I mean, why even include moving car animations if it serves no purpose and looks like shit? Meelo's minigame (one of more decent ones) had to be played to grind money, which in turn had to be earned to buy items required for story progression (the only thing available in the shop). So very inspired, why not just stick there a 30 minute timer so I can at least do something else. Also, do you remember there was probending? I almost forgot it, so much pointless work...

There were good moments in terms of writing, but the development chaos really shows. The crucial arc - training Korra - lacks meaningful development based on your actions, with Korra periodically alternating between stubborn and slutty. I would appreciate her inability to learn from her mistakes as an accurate portrayal of LoK Korra, but I somehow doubt it was intended.

I would agree that they didn't seem to know what they're doing. I guess the basic structure was clear to them (Korra trainer => train Korra), but apart from that they probably just had a list of stuff they wanted to include and shoved it in at random. And so I would agree that a better story structure should be decided for love route in advance. And since I believe Marty proved capable to write at least as well as cbob, this could be used to clearly divvy up the work.

Overall, I appreciated B4SR as functionally fappable. It's not exactly Chekhov, but it works. And yes, slave routes are usually worse in terms of writing, but previous ones were at least coherent, with a streamlined story and didn't break immersion due to story parts being weirdly sewn together.

What is, then, the quality standard a lot of you talk about? Is it just the magic formula of nudity+guards banter+shady cringe humor=profit?

In summation:
  • B4SR not as good as previous work
  • Marty as good a writer as cbob
  • Story structure is good AF
  • As someone suggested earlier, remember to vote with your wallet! For me, it's a vote of no confidence.
I think from what we've seen of the Love Route so far, we have little to worry about. I mean they took Korra, a character I really didn't like very much after watching her show, and made me feel for her and actually be interested in her romance with MC in just like, an hour of playtime. If they continue as they are going now, I feel like we have nothing to worry about.
Something I'm seeing from this playthrough is that we're at the Avatar's endgame now
MC actually acts like a helpful, nice person to most of the people he interacts with. He encourages Ikki to think of herself as unique and special, he helps Korra gain her confidence and is gentle and kind with her, and hes already on Jinora's good side. We're not only seeing good writing with the characters he interacts with, but MC has actually changed signifigantly since the horny asshole we met in book 1.
Patience my friend, patience. This is going to be an amazing arc. Wait and see.
Beautiful.png

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I think from what we've seen of the Love Route so far, we have little to worry about. I mean they took Korra, a character I really didn't like very much after watching her show, and made me feel for her and actually be interested in her romance with MC in just like, an hour of playtime. If they continue as they are going now, I feel like we have nothing to worry about.
Something I'm seeing from this playthrough is that we're at the Avatar's endgame now
MC actually acts like a helpful, nice person to most of the people he interacts with. He encourages Ikki to think of herself as unique and special, he helps Korra gain her confidence and is gentle and kind with her, and hes already on Jinora's good side. We're not only seeing good writing with the characters he interacts with, but MC has actually changed signifigantly since the horny asshole we met in book 1.
Patience my friend, patience. This is going to be an amazing arc. Wait and see.
View attachment 908985
Personally I kind of enjoyed the Mc's edginess even in the love routs better than the more emo way he is now and also in book 3, still like the game but when I play the love rout now and book 3 I don't find my self laughing as much. With korra her slave rout was over the top arrogance (actually totally insecure playing out with arrogance) and now in the love rout just insecure playing out in a pity party, if you think about it she has not really changed at all imo. I can't comment on whether it is cannon or not I have not watched any of the animations I lost interest in most western cartoons long ago although I have been told it has an anime feel to it. Maybe I will watch this sometime but I don't feel compelled to as a result of playing this game. Do love this game though very entertaining indeed.

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
My post talking about the delay got removed due to "Off-topic". Well, that is 100% pure bullshit since everyone in this thread is talking about the delay lol. I'm thinking the real reason my post was removed was that I brought up previous suggestions that Mity might be milking (Which have merit).

Hey MODS, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD and If I want to bring up past accusations I should be able to. If not, you should delete every single post talking about the delay and not just the negative posts.

Madremiawilly77777

Oct 14, 2020
Should I seek psychological help if the Jinora scenes made me cum buckets like no other scene on any of the books ever did? Lol.

I've been playing this game through the years, this was my first time playing through book 4 and Jinora surprisingly became one of it's stronger point for me out of the blue

Reactions: Zekethor

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
you added nothing to the conversation but repeating what everyone else was saying.

my answers to you were also removed and you did not see me complaining. (although mine also went into cbob's depression issues and then depression as a whole, so that may be it)

that said, I do agree, many other people are talking about it in a way that does not actually adds anything too...

...I think the other posts should be removed too instead of yours allowed though.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Should I seek psychological help if the Jinora scenes made me cum buckets like no other scene on any of the books ever did? Lol.

I've been playing this game through the years, this was my first time playing through book 4 and Jinora surprisingly became one of it's stronger point for me out of the blue
It's a step you've to take on your own.
If you think you're ready, you're welcome to our therapy session on next Thursday.

Topics:

- The path of degeneration, first Toph, now Jinora, next Ikki?
- Is twelve the new eighteen?
- Places Sokka didn't visit, do they exist?
- I'm masturbating to a comic girl, do I hate real women?
- Living in an abusive relationship. IdarksoulsI talks about his love to Mity.

Jun 28, 2020
Let's take this time to discuss the things we might personally not be a fan of in an otherwise alright/great game.

As for me personally:
-Character's body not being proportional to the original series. (Whether it's all huge boobs or a behind).
-Sometimes he gives characters these really fat toddler/frog like legs.
-Certain scenes where the faces are a bit weird(suki in the bar)
-Character personalities deviating too much from the original(the main characters are all alright)
-Where certain sexual stuff is forced upon us rather than having choice.

• Angry
Reactions: Bakkalon

Heyhsi

Jan 10, 2020
Let's take this time to discuss the things we might personally not be a fan of in an otherwise alright/great game.

As for me personally:
-Character's body not being proportional to the original series. (Whether it's all huge boobs or a behind).
-Sometimes he gives characters these really fat toddler/frog like legs.
-Certain scenes where the faces are a bit weird(suki in the bar)
-Character personalities deviating too much from the original(the main characters are all alright)
-Where certain sexual stuff is forced upon us rather than having choice.
U missed few points.
- Katara in book 1 has weird hands during sex.(it is too lean).
- Mini-games. (I understand that minigames play a major role in keeping the game a game. But these are annoying).
-Book 1 could be longer.
-Book 1 love and slave route have every options in common other than dialogues.
-Book 2 could add few more characters(Ursa,fire nation female guard, roku wife, school teacher). But even without them it is good.
-Book 3 suki needs some serious rework and Tylee sex game is fucked up (3 cabbages for a fuck).
-Book 4 misses a lot of female characters. Hope they'll be in love route.
-Honurable mentions for character addition
* Yue.
* fortune teller ep ladies.
*young/old Hama.
*Hippies(The cave of two lovers).

P.S. This is my personal opinion.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
mini-games... well, some are fun, but being forced on you is not.
won't say they are what keeps the game a game, though. it is still a visual novel, so its value as a game is still the same, just with mini-games. Fate/Hollow Ataraxia has mini-games and is still a visual novel (they are also optional save for quizzes though).

I think the book 1 love/slave routes being the same options save for dialogue is an ok thing, fits in the story. both Mr Awesome/Aang is isolated there with a few women and no real idea how things work yet. there is not much to change story-wise, just dialogue. that is literally a tutorial level, both for him and for us.
but should be approached differently.
Instead of us having the options to ask for in the love route, Katara should offer them first time and we can only ask for repeats later, since that is the big change (but I admit cbob was still learning ren'py at that point so maky have been above his knowledge, and going back to change later would be a snowball).
the two other women should be having different behavior to you too,
the teacher being still grateful to you, but still acting the same to you in the slave route outside when asked for sex. which would be a requested reward instead of her own offer, and later she would dislike you asking for that but still comply because she is actually into it.
the shopkeeper would be blackmailed into getting money for sexual favors instead of the sexual favors being reward for giving the money, still would lead to the same result but different behavior outside that.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes