Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Kill more moose-lions
been killing them for hours without any changes, but found some 4 years old reddit post mentioned that exact bug and console command to fix this, manage to progress to book 2
good to know this game not exactly stable, if even such old bug doesn't get fixed in years

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
hey, anybody know how to play this on old hardware? i've been playing all updates so far just fine on my windows 7 laptop, but this last one throws an error instead of launching, saying that this file -> View attachment 1383306 is missing x.x
try to search that dll, should still be around somewhere for download.

been killing them for hours without any changes, but found some 4 years old reddit post mentioned that exact bug and console command to fix this, manage to progress to book 2
good to know this game not exactly stable, if even such old bug doesn't get fixed in years
Marty mentioned at some point quite a while back, that he would like to go over book 1, but at their current development speed i don't think that will happen anytime soon. i wonder if you could put a Spoiler about how you came to this bug, couldn't reproduce it here on 2 machines :unsure:

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
Oh damn

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
A lot less people played this game since day one. That's probably a very hard to find bug that went unnoticed until you found it.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Marty mentioned at some point quite a while back, that he would like to go over book 1, but at their current development speed i don't think that will happen anytime soon. i wonder if you could put a Spoiler about how you came to this bug, couldn't reproduce it here on 2 machines :unsure:
not sure about reproducing it, since it's my first playthrough and i just stumbling through the game as it is, but looks like problem is in "villagefavors" variable - it should update as you complete quests and get to 3 after all quests complete, but my got stuck at 2, so one of the quests didn't properly add up
can't say much more, need to look through the code and see how quests implemented, it's probably somewhere in \game\scripts.rpa

• Thinking Face
Reactions: F1forhalp

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
try to search that dll, should still be around somewhere for download.

Messaged MITY about the overworking book 1 thing, their answer (also a tidbit on why Jinora's date in the laste update felt so short, at least to me):

1630667031428.png

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
gameplay of book 1 certainly need a rework, two action limit per day combined with too excessive and rather boring grind doesn't leave good impression, otherwise a bit of content expansion to a side locations like mines and mountains would be nice, maybe side area for hunting too - being locked in a tiny village feels too limited and claustrophobic as it is, a bit of spacing should help

Reactions: Genji

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
not sure about reproducing it, since it's my first playthrough and i just stumbling through the game as it is, but looks like problem is in "villagefavors" variable - it should update as you complete quests and get to 3 after all quests complete, but my got stuck at 2, so one of the quests didn't properly add up
can't say much more, need to look through the code and see how quests implemented, it's probably somewhere in \game\scripts.rpa
hmmmm that might be a "timing" flaw then, if you somehow managed to drift out of balance with hunting, Katara questline, Endorsing, and Villagers quests. Katara especially only tells you when you haven't been hunting enough..
if you, like, spend the first 30-40 days hunting only, or in the mines only (i never did really) some dependencies may go out of whack, that's my guess.
being their "let's just start this thing" first part of coding, might have a bucket of flaws that never made it to surface, but are still in the spaghetti, patiently waiting to show.

*edit* adding stats or money by working the code (cheats, console) will most certainly have that effect especially in book1 for the above reasons.

Dec 26, 2019
Messaged MITY about the overworking book 1 thing, their answer (also a tidbit on why Jinora's date in the laste update felt so short, at least to me):

View attachment 1385785
damn :( book 1 was the best imo, the love route dates with katara felt really wholesome so i hope that by "rework" they mean the art/game and not the story :c
Although, I will admit the date with jinora felt way different compared to the dating scenes in the rest of the game, but it was a nice touch to make MC have that moment of realization (which i dont wanna spoil for anyone who still hasnt played the update n.nU)

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
You didn't by chance use console commands before the "bug" happened?

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes