Mr.Red

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, same here. I binged ATLA in like a few days and it became like my favorite thing in the world lol. Tried to check out Korra afterwards, and I just couldn’t do it…

I could write a novel for why LOK didn’t sit right with me, but to bring my primary concern to the forefront: I detest Korra as a protagonist. So bratty and unwilling to take others’ input into account, simply because ‘she’s the Avatar’. I felt so bad for poor Tenzin, man lol. Also The Krew (Mako, Bolin and Asami) just doesn’t quite do it for me the way the original Gaang did.

But yeah… definitely agreed. A live action adaptation of Korra? Now that’s just a horrifying thought…
What is your take on Korra here?
There was some talk about Live-Action TV series on ATLA.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
What is your take on Korra here?
There was some talk about Live-Action TV series on ATLA.
Korra in FET? Okay, so honestly, I believe each route really does something well with her.

In the Slave Route, you get that bratty and more bitchy side of Korra I mentioned before from Book 1 of the show, and you get the opportunity to really break her and put her in her place (and as Tenzin too, which is just kind of icing on the cake). Really satisfying if you found Korra as annoying as I did the first time watching it.

The Love Route takes things in a different direction and actually tries to justify her attitude a lot more. Which judging by the circumstances she has to endure, being essentially mentally and physically handicapped, it all feels pretty believable. We see Korra actually acknowledge her more dismissive attitude and start to want to make things up to the MC the more we help her out in spite of how she treated us before. To me, this is a welcome change, and I can appreciate the growth of this version of Korra; and in turn, I think I can say I quite like her as a character in this Route.

Tl;dr I love what both Routes did with Korra and just how different they actually were from the other.

Also, yeah. I heard about the Avatar Live Action series coming to Netflix. I don’t have high expectations for it, but I’m not overly pessimistic about it either. I’m keeping my feelings completely neutral until it comes out and I can make an accurate judgement call on it. Color me worriedly curious on it, though lol.

Reactions: Mr.Red

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
I'm pretty sure you guys have thought 10 times more about certain aspects of the game than cbob and Marty. Don't be disappointed if the end of the game will not be as interesting and sophisticated as your own ideas and fantasies. A lot of curious and non lore things were just put in the game (or were indirect consequences) because of wishes and questions of MITY's patreons.
Marty said that at the beginning of development they wanted to stay very close to the original but the more the game evolved the more ideas and wishes were integrated. And for that in most cases they often used easy and fast solutions so it wouldn't slow down the development process too much.
For example, youth potions are a really stupid thing when you think about it. But without them we wouldn't have young Toph and Azula in book 4. So there's no explanation or lore for it, it's just there to provide access to more lewd fun.
MITY never wanted to have Mai or Jinora as main characters, feedback from his patreons changed that and over time he also got used to more lewd alternatives as he planned to. (Just look at the tags)
For all of this they needed to integrate it in a kind of plausible but not too complicated way. That's why more often than not there's no sophisticated, far-reaching plan and/or solution for certain "riddles" of the game.

There are exceptions to this though and that's both fantastic and annoying. Fantastic because lots of people can find small, new secrets when playing a second time, annoying because sometimes it's quite complicated and unclear to get them. (Like Pema having sex with MC in love route)
Which brings me to the second point I wanted to talk about. Am I alone in thinking that Korra's and Opal's last scenes were amazing?
I'm team Jinora but the new Korra scene is my new favorite right now. Maybe I'm just a sucker for short hair Korra but damn do I love it. Just wish we could skip the anal part if we wanted to.

I also have to say I didn't expect Marty to go all the way with Korra in this scene. As they say, "To each their own" but that's a notch too much for me to feel comfortable. Always good to make such things optional though.

I think I posted that here already but this girl and pose always reminds me of Toph at the bathtub :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, yes it's possible to find such women. Loli Korra though...
Who is that?

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
Ikki in the love route is more of a JK to be completely honest. Most people that like loli don't like that body type.

I for one wanted some sex scenes with Ikki in the slave route (a threesome with Jinora would have been amazing). In there she looks more like your classic loli, a.k.a she looks like a JC instead.

At least we have this loli Korra.
What do JC and JK mean?

CCMan

Jul 28, 2021
Yeah, same here. I binged ATLA in like a few days and it became like my favorite thing in the world lol. Tried to check out Korra afterwards, and I just couldn’t do it…

I could write a novel for why LOK didn’t sit right with me, but to bring my primary concern to the forefront: I detest Korra as a protagonist. So bratty and unwilling to take others’ input into account, simply because ‘she’s the Avatar’. I felt so bad for poor Tenzin, man lol. Also The Krew (Mako, Bolin and Asami) just doesn’t quite do it for me the way the original Gaang did.

But yeah… definitely agreed. A live action adaptation of Korra? Now that’s just a horrifying thought…
I disagree. Technically she is a brat she's acting her age keep in mind it was the white lotus fault for being overprotective and pampering her with zero to no outside life with the whole keep the avatar safe notion korra personality is environment she was raised in that's why over the seasons or episodes her character developed into an ideal avatar . You can say the same about aang when he didn't listen and ran away from home luck was at his side he left when the fire nation attacked and he returned in a state where he had to be a mature person or else the world was gonna be annihilated by the fire nation.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
I disagree. Technically she is a brat she's acting her age keep in mind it was the white lotus fault for being overprotective and pampering her with zero to no outside life with the whole keep the avatar safe notion korra personality is environment she was raised in that's why over the seasons or episodes her character developed into an ideal avatar . You can say the same about aang when he didn't listen and ran away from home luck was at his side he left when the fire nation attacked and he returned in a state where he had to be a mature person or else the world was gonna be annihilated by the fire nation.
I agree, it's the lore and logic faults that make TloK less appealing and also some annoying characters like Meelo and Bumi.

Who is that?
Mr.Red already posted a link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/four-elements-trainer-v0-9-7c-mity.730/post-7428006

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Korra never matured as much as a person the same way Aang had to, despite facing more pressing matters that all put her existence even as a concept into question. The only maturity she gains throughout the entirety of the series is one of interpersonal relationships, not just with her companions but also with her enemies - which Aang also achieved. Maturity of character and other aspects are still nowhere in sight 3 seasons in, because she does believe in that "being the avatar" is basically all that she is defined by and all that she should be defined by.
She never loses her massive temper or her headstrong attitude and since every major villain is handled in a bombastic finale that ultimately boils down to nothing but a "good vs evil" fight, when the show just went the extra mile a couple episodes beforehand to establish them being more layered in shades of gray than the Avatar series has done before is just insulting - why even try to be ambiguos with your villains and have them carry emphatic causes when you just want to villify them in the next episode? Why even try to build up different philosophical concepts that each and every one Villain embodies when it's all just resolved on a physical level without even so much as to challenge the philosophical level with more than a handful of throwaway lines? This is the equivalent of someone trying to be profound by taking a stack of books on philosophy, dropping them in front of your feet and says "here you go, that's yer lot. Go figure out the rest from there."

It's basically a mixture of bad writing and it being a massive missed opportunity.

TopAnalRapeLover

Dec 30, 2019
Korra never matured as much as a person the same way Aang had to, despite facing more pressing matters that all put her existence even as a concept into question. The only maturity she gains throughout the entirety of the series is one of interpersonal relationships, not just with her companions but also with her enemies - which Aang also achieved. Maturity of character and other aspects are still nowhere in sight 3 seasons in, because she does believe in that "being the avatar" is basically all that she is defined by and all that she should be defined by.
She never loses her massive temper or her headstrong attitude and since every major villain is handled in a bombastic finale that ultimately boils down to nothing but a "good vs evil" fight, when the show just went the extra mile a couple episodes beforehand to establish them being more layered in shades of gray than the Avatar series has done before is just insulting - why even try to be ambiguos with your villains and have them carry emphatic causes when you just want to villify them in the next episode? Why even try to build up different philosophical concepts that each and every one Villain embodies when it's all just resolved on a physical level without even so much as to challenge the philosophical level with more than a handful of throwaway lines? This is the equivalent of someone trying to be profound by taking a stack of books on philosophy, dropping them in front of your feet and says "here you go, that's yer lot. Go figure out the rest from there."

It's basically a mixture of bad writing and it being a massive missed opportunity.
I couldn't have said it better.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021

This ^

Reactions: TopAnalRapeLover

John Smythe

Oct 11, 2017
Not to change the subject but in the tags for this game are "gay" and "trap". Do these actually exist in this game, and if so, which book?

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
still waiting for this game to finish so i can play it , actually its been since 0.5 i stopped ....now i feel like i am a grandpa :ROFLMAO:

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
They are Japanese. JK stands for Jyoshi kousei, which means high school girls. JC stands for Joshi chugakusei, which means middle school girls.
Also keep in mind Japanese schools generally follow six years of primary school, three years of middle school and three years of high school so JC is around 12 to 15 years old and JK is 16 to 18 years old.

Reactions: Mistervd
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes