clemencerust

Nov 19, 2018
Did you update an existing installation of the game?
Did you try deleting the game folder and unzip a fresh one from the dled file?
Errors like that one are not uncommon in cases of an update or problem with the unzip process
of course It's newest version,
I download same zip from a lots of difference website and unzip a fresh one,
face same problems at the game's beginning a lots of days...still can't play

Kokujou

May 19, 2018
i really want to see a gallery function in there since it seems you can't recall the lesbian scenes in book 3

Reactions: GaRbS

Azero

Jul 24, 2017
Hey people, I'm not dead (yet) and neither is my walkthrough for this game. I'm finally able to put all my focus back into it again, so I'm going to have the walkthrough done for both Book 2 routes no later than a couple weeks, then after that I'm going to do the Book 3 slave route which will probably take another 2 weeks. I'm actually updating the walkthrough into an in-game mod which also adds a cheat menu, and there's a 95% chance I'm going to add a scene replay gallery to it too. :)

View attachment 189203 View attachment 189218 View attachment 189349 View attachment 189800 View attachment 189204 View attachment 189205 View attachment 189206 View attachment 189209 View attachment 189207
You are a pure lewd angel.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Alright so I did decide to add the scene gallery and I've started with Azula, but do you guys think the scenes in the gallery should be in chronological order (how it is now) or ordered by type (like all shower scenes, then all bedroom scenes, then all Ember Island scenes, etc)?
I guess it doesn't really matter but I think/worry about small things like this a lot longer than I should lol.

Edit:
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with chronological because of the reasons people have mentioned, so thanks.

Update:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
personally I think scenes look better if similiar scenes follow each other rather than going through a gallery and always wonder... "wait a sec... didn't I see that scene 4 pictures before?"

Azero

Jul 24, 2017
Alright so I did decide to add the scene gallery and I've started with Azula, but do you guys think the scenes in the gallery should be in chronological order (how it is now) or ordered by type (like all shower scenes, then all bedroom scenes, then all Ember Island scenes, etc)?
I guess it doesn't really matter but I think/worry about small things like this a lot longer than I should lol.

Votes:
Chronological: 2
Scene type: 1
2, it's better for the story line.

(but a strawpoll wouldn't be better?)

clemencerust

Nov 19, 2018
I got a problem at game's beginning:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 1366, in script
File "F:\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.4c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2159, in execute
next_node(self.lookup())
File "F:\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.4c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2144, in lookup
return renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier, getattr(self, "alternate", None))
File "F:\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.4c-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 190, in lookup_translate
return tl.block[0]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'block'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.7.4c
Tue Nov 27 04:30:08 2018

It's newest version,
I download same version from a lots of difference website and unzip a lots of fresh one to try if i could play,
still got same problems and errors at the game's beginning a lots of days...still can't play,sad story.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
might be a problem with RenPy in your case... the "renpy" folder and it's subs are interchangeable with all RenPy games from what I have seen, so an error originateing from there must be some kind of common problem for you.

If you have a working RenPy game maybe you can try to copy, paste the renpy folder into this one and try again

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018

Edit:
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with chronological because of the reasons people have mentioned, so thanks.
Smart choice(the more common choice would be seperation by actors but considering FET has many 1 off and rando scenes going by book seems the logical choice).
Going by scene feels...really pointless <-< cant say I ever saw that before either.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
So I made a short sidestory that will happen the first time you try to use the cheat menu. I had a lot of fun making it and the sidestory and cheat menu have a lot of funny dialog lol. The mod should be finished by friday or saturday so everyone will be able to download it then. It'd also be helpful if a few people would be willing to replay the entire route with the mod to see if I made any mistakes with the walkthrough part of the mod.

when is the update coming out?
There's no need to ask here. :)

Update:

clemencerust

Nov 19, 2018
might be a problem with RenPy in your case... the "renpy" folder and it's subs are interchangeable with all RenPy games from what I have seen, so an error originateing from there must be some kind of common problem for you.

If you have a working RenPy game maybe you can try to copy, paste the renpy folder into this one and try again
Didn't know "renpy"folder are interchangeable with all RenPy games,it's so convenient...
I found a useable folder to paste into game and try again,
but sadly...a same error,same code traceback just show up.
if we can't shove this problem,maybe i got a idea...
we can try fit in a ongoing's prologue dialogue's savedata,and load save to avoid that problem.
if you can provide a savedata to let me try,i'll be grateful!

clemencerust

Nov 19, 2018
Nope,my attempt just failed...
I got a savedata to load if i could to avoid the problem,
but when i load the savedata that error show up again...no need to provide a savedata now

clemencerust

Nov 19, 2018
well i got a more later savedata to load...
It seems the problem have avoided,anyway.
Didn't saw prologue dialogue though,a little regret it but fine!

4.50 star(s) 275 Votes