Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
In all seriousness I'm not a big fan of modern FET katara's design. Also her character, not sure why. It's like she's lost all of the actual katara's characteristics and traits, and her artstyle is replicating that :cry: Korra's looking good though
I mean, to be fair, she HAS lost all of the actual Katara's characteristics and traits.

Reactions: B2B2

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
That was kinda the whole point of Book 1, you 'trained' her.
Yeahhh but I feel like there's usually some semblance of their character left, maybe? Katara doesn't even act trained, she's like a separate entity altogether

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
In all seriousness I'm not a big fan of modern FET katara's design. Also her character, not sure why. It's like she's lost all of the actual katara's characteristics and traits, and her artstyle is replicating that :cry: Korra's looking good though
Eh, I really dug Katara in Book 3. I really like "wingman" female accomplices, especially if the game is more of a corruption/bending girls to your will flavor.
It's kinda fun to have a partner character to discuss schemes with, share in the deviancy, and because they're also a girl it's also a bit like they're a traitor. They're selling out trusted friends to be mind controlled etc.
Pema is sort of like that, but what makes her also work in Book 4 is that Katara was "trained", but Pema is just naturally like that. She doesn't seem as dark as Katara was in Book 3, but still a nice touch.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Yeahhh but I feel like there's usually some semblance of their character left, maybe? Katara doesn't even act trained, she's like a separate entity altogether
I see it as she is totally different because your relationship with her wasn't that of friends, she doesn't treat you like Aang because she actually knows you aren't Aang, plus she knows something the MC doesn't so we have to wait for book 5 for her change to have some sense, at least that's what I hope.

D

Deleted member 436513

Eh, I really dug Katara in Book 3. I really like "wingman" female accomplices, especially if the game is more of a corruption/bending girls to your will flavor.
It's kinda fun to have a partner character to discuss schemes with, share in the deviancy, and because they're also a girl it's also a bit like they're a traitor. They're selling out trusted friends to be mind controlled etc.
Pema is sort of like that, but what makes her also work in Book 4 is that Katara was "trained", but Pema is just naturally like that. She doesn't seem as dark as Katara was in Book 3, but still a nice touch.
Normally I'm all for that, but she comes across as this evil manipulative sociopath in Book 3 instead of a companion, which puts me off. It's a bit like saying something stupid to a kid to make them go away, and then realizing a few hours later that they're actually trying to stuff their head into a fridge or whatever because of what you just said. Pema's way better imo.

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Normally I'm all for that, but she comes across as this evil manipulative sociopath in Book 3 instead of a companion, which puts me off. It's a bit like saying something stupid to a kid to make them go away, and then realizing a few hours later that they're actually trying to stuff their head into a fridge or whatever because of what you just said. Pema's way better imo.
Well Katara is a low more reigned in during the Love Route, and she's more of an evil bitch in the Slave, so I think it works. Subjective opinion of course.

Reactions: Genji and B2B2

ChillyDabs

Donor
Dec 14, 2019
NameError: name 'hit_chance' is not defined

having issues with the crab battles in book 3

to be more specific

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/bk3_s_arena_shit.rpy", line 14813, in <module>
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 14, in script call
File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 14, in script call
File "bjstart.rpyc", line 90, in script call
File "bk3_s_arena_shit.rpyc", line 14813, in script
File "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\games\fourelementstrainerv083c-pc\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\games\fourelementstrainerv083c-pc\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\games\fourelementstrainerv083c-pc\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/bk3_s_arena_shit.rpy", line 14813, in <module>
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.3c
Fri Dec 27 20:30:59 2019

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes