Nickzz235

Sep 9, 2018
played the update, and finally jinora scene tease! (obviously its her though)

after south pole, there are no more scenario?

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
This has most likely been asked before (and I'm sorry in advance), but I seem to be stuck on the second day of being in the water tribe. I can only play Siege and that's getting, well, boring.
Gotta set the art supplies variable, go back a few pages for the console cmd

Zantei

Sep 22, 2018
The game took me back to republic city, is there no way to revisite the scenes from the water tribe island ?
I hate when games do this. When they make un-repeatable scenes with no gallery. That's why for most games every time an H-scene is initiated I make a save. As far as I can tell there is no way to go back to the south pole unless you go back to a previous save.

Reactions: Mistervd

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
I hate when games do this. When they make un-repeatable scenes with no gallery. That's why for most games every time an H-scene is initiated I make a save. As far as I can tell there is no way to go back to the south pole unless you go back to a previous save.
How come this game doesnt have an official gallery or CG viewer? its fucking 2019

Ariyuki

Nov 30, 2017
Is the game right now soft-lock in the second day on the water tribe island? I can't wait for evening anymore and I can't do anything.

ckkm3

Aug 13, 2017
How come this game doesnt have an official gallery or CG viewer? its fucking 2019
Because the game logic/scene structure and coding is a horrifying mess. Instead of structuring scenes as one-off repeatable events they rely on previous data and variables.

So, if you want to have a gallery, you basically need to rewrite the game for half the fucking scenes.

Edit: see Limezero's post earlier for an example of retarded shit in the coding: https://f95zone.to/threads/four-elements-trainer-v0-8-4b-mity.730/post-2819003
1577765451534.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 436513

Because the game logic/scene structure and coding is a horrifying mess. Instead of structuring scenes as one-off repeatable events they rely on previous data and variables.

So, if you want to have a gallery, you basically need to rewrite the game for half the fucking scenes.

Edit: see Limezero's post earlier for an example of retarded shit in the coding: https://f95zone.to/threads/four-elements-trainer-v0-8-4b-mity.730/post-2819003
What's weirder still is that the game actually HAS a gallery system for Book 4, and it's implemented exactly how you'd think - by literally rewriting every single scene line by line into a new label that doesn't try to check variables (yes, really). You don't need to be a 300 IQ galaxy brain coder to see why that's a bad idea, so you'd probably want to refactor the game instead by making each major scene a standalone component from start to finish like you should've done in the first place.

Which to be frank isn't as big a deal as it sounds. The horrifying screenshot I posted is from the card minigame, which once again has fuck all to do with the rest of the game. Most of what you'd be doing involves copying scene declarations and "show character at left" statements around so everything is set up at the start of a segment, adding or _in_replay == True to every if condition, then slapping $ renpy.end_replay() at the end. IIRC there was even a guy who made an unofficial mod with a gallery mode at some point by doing exactly that. Not to mention that FET, being a trainer game at its core, is already structured in an artificial and "game-y" fashion with a clear map laid out for things (a character has a training menu with 7 scenes in it, each scene has 2-3 variants that are progressively more "corrupted", etc.)

But even failing that, you could do some truly disgusting shit like declaring new labels in the middle of scenes to use as jumping points, setting up all the missing backgrounds/characters from "outside" the scene before starting the replay, and having a "pass every check" mode which sets all of your variables to 999 temporarily.

Python:
screen Gallery:
    add g.button(title="Toph Anal 2", icon="gal26-tanal2.png", label="toph_anal_replay_start" xalign=0.5, yalign=0.5)

label toph_anal_replay_start:
    $ set_up_the_usual_variables()
    $ replay = True
    $ bk3_variable = 3
    $ bk3_toph_stage = 12
    $ bk3_did_something = True
    scene bk3_house_night
    show toph at right
    play music "RoyaltyFree.ogg"
    jump toph_anal_replay

label bk3_village_night_menu:
    "A bunch of shit happens here"
    menu:
        "Pound Toph's ass":
            $ toph_ass_pounded = True
            "You go to your room and start the scene with Toph"
            label toph_anal_replay:
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            if replay:
                return
            "The game keeps going here"
Which WOULD technically work and accomplish the same thing with minimal coding, at the cost of some of your sanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: emaki

Tal921

Oct 30, 2019
in book 4 I did the les thing I got the foot job I tried running into kora nude meditating did I miss something? she still fully clothed

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
So I started playing this on mac but the part with zhuli kept giving me an error so I decided to play book 4 all over again on the windows version (using wine).It worked until I was finally able to explore the island with the aang statue for the first time. Once I go to the city streets and try to get to the next section (with ginger) it kicks me out of the game entirely. Any advice for how to get around this?
This doesn't solve your problem, but running the games with the renpy SDK is a lot easier and slimmer than using Wine. As a mac user, I fully recommend it. There's the added benefit of storing all of your games in one place and being able to update the version of renpy you play with.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Hi everyone first of all Merry Christmas y'all i decided to come back to see what's up in this game, I saw a lot of disappointment from the last update so my question is should I try the new update or wait for the new update seeing how disappointed are you guys from the last one.

Jul 23, 2017
Im on the third water tribe day, Korra has run off and I cant seem to find her, I can only click on the mine and when I do that it takes me to shady his shop instead. Can someone help me out?

tag50

Dec 11, 2017
Im on the third water tribe day, Korra has run off and I cant seem to find her, I can only click on the mine and when I do that it takes me to shady his shop instead. Can someone help me out?
I had same issue and it was self-fixed when I load pre-tribe save, then my actual save. And after this go to marketplace (story progress was continued for me).

Jun 15, 2019
Is there an official changelog?
When you get back from the water tribe village that's the end of this update?
And when they release the art asset thing is there any way to get it here?

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes