Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
Gotta say, Book 2 is probably the one I feel least terrible about. Azula can be redeemed, but breaking her and making her a slave has this "legendary conqueror" vibe that I think makes up for the small amount of guilt I feel. I remember as a kid thinking she was cute, and rewatching the series as a man, I could think of few things I'd want to do to her more than break her.
Love route is still much better IMO.

Reactions: Laziness
May 30, 2020
Love route is still much better IMO.
I could say that I like them both equally, but thats because Azula as a love interest and Azula as a slave basically matter the same to me, as in, shes hot, I like the sex scenes in this a little better than the ones in the love route and I like fucking her, but my heart belongs to Toph, and to a lesser extent, Katara.
I felt really bad about book 1's slave route. Taking advantage of a helpless young woman who was just trying to do what was best for her family and friends to survive made me feel like a total cunt, and the fact I was pretending to be the Avatar while doing it made it even worse lol.
I'm a big softie for most of these characters, Avatar is probably my favorite TV show, so I'm completing the slave routes mostly out of a feeling of obligation to see out Mity's work in its entirety rather that my own lusts.

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
I could say that I like them both equally, but thats because Azula as a love interest and Azula as a slave basically matter the same to me, as in, shes hot, I like the sex scenes in this a little better than the ones in the love route and I like fucking her, but my heart belongs to Toph, and to a lesser extent, Katara.
I felt really bad about book 1's slave route. Taking advantage of a helpless young woman who was just trying to do what was best for her family and friends to survive made me feel like a total cunt, and the fact I was pretending to be the Avatar while doing it made it even worse lol.
I'm a big softie for most of these characters, Avatar is probably my favorite TV show, so I'm completing the slave routes mostly out of a feeling of obligation to see out Mity's work in its entirety rather that my own lusts.
Yeah, I get what you mean, that's fair enough, I'm probably biased too because I'm a sucker for the fire nation trio and Azula fucking Zuko in general.

Honestly the first book's two route aren't THAT different from each other IMO.

May 30, 2020
Yeah, I get what you mean, that's fair enough, I'm probably biased too because I'm a sucker for the fire nation trio and Azula fucking Zuko in general.

Honestly the first book's two route aren't THAT different from each other IMO.
We all have our pairings. Personally I think Toph with Zuko, and especially Sokka, is the right way to go. Even Aang would have been acceptable, due to her desire for freedom and her obvious need for support in her life, but also independence. Aang and Katara make a great couple, but I am of the opinion Aang and Toph would have worked fine too.
I don't really have a specific reason for Toph and Zuko pairing up, but it just seems like it would be cute.
Toph and Sokka was clearly set up in canon in the first show, and I really thought, since they just dropped Suki off the fucking edge of the map in Korra, it would be Tokka canon, but no, they just put her with an anon and some fucking loser nobody ever heard of.
Back on topic though, I think we can all agree that, unless we just genuinely enjoy enslaving and abusing these characters for whatever reason, commit the acts of the slave route against our personal Avatar Waifu is unpleasant at best and downright depressing at worst.

Reactions: Balrog

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
I honestly prefer the love route in book 2 since I feel like Azula got a pretty raw deal in canon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean,kind of depends on what canon you look at.
From what I remember the comic continuation gives her some respite(while fucking over Zuko and Mai...which is just great,drama for the sake of drama,the fantastic state of western comic writing).

May 30, 2020
From what I remember the comic continuation gives her some respite(while fucking over Zuko and Mai...which is just great,drama for the sake of drama,the fantastic state of western comic writing).
The comics in general were just an advertisement for The Legend of Korra. I don't even accept them as canon, they're shit. Unrepentant shit.

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
The comics in general were just an advertisement for The Legend of Korra. I don't even accept them as canon, they're shit. Unrepentant shit.
Are we talking about the same comics where you got Aang and co ready to kill Zuko because he changed his mind on the issue of ethnicaly based relocation / deportation that was proposed by a random earth kingdom group (you know, that thing we classify as a form of genocide IRL) ? And the only solutions they found at the end is to do like freaking Belgium did with their colonnies and drop them as a independent state in a completly arbitrary manner and it's portrayed as a good thing ? The ones where Toph take advantage of governement property theft to have somewhere to found her metal bending school ? And let's not forget the whole 'cuking Zuko' plotline that then turned Zuko and Mai into freaking Ross and Rachel from FRIENDS, constantly breaking up and getting back together.

Those comics ?

Only good thing I can say about them is that it had a few good moments for the Azula x Zuko pairing.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah... I myself would make everything past the ending of the cartoon non-canon if not for this game making Korra worth knowing the backstory a bit.

Kind of strange that Book 2's slave route has you playing as some random guy, yet I'm totally on board with MITY doing the same thing in Book 4's love route.
My personal opinion:
That's because in the Book2 the whole Love Route angle was helping Azula deal with her feelings, and Slave Route was you slowly getting into her graces to help people overthrow her. While they both go through the same beats a lot of the time, being Zuko and thus having an opening allows you to slowly drags the feelings out of her, something an unknown cannot do.
Book4's Love Route, being an unknown means Korra has no reasons to open to you beside your time healing together, but also means she has no reason not to, as she is at a low point and in need of a friendly hand and you have no reason to trick her.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Not wrong.
Them still being better than the Korra comics drivel is kinda hilarious in itself though.

Are we talking about the same comics where you got Aang and co ready to kill Zuko because he changed his mind on the issue of ethnicaly based relocation / deportation that was proposed by a random earth kingdom group (you know, that thing we classify as a form of genocide IRL) ? And the only solutions they found at the end is to do like freaking Belgium did with their colonnies and drop them as a independent state in a completly arbitrary manner and it's portrayed as a good thing ? The ones where Toph take advantage of governement property theft to have somewhere to found her metal bending school ? And let's not forget the whole 'cuking Zuko' plotline that then turned Zuko and Mai into freaking Ross and Rachel from FRIENDS, constantly breaking up and getting back together.

Those comics ?

Only good thing I can say about them is that it had a few good moments for the Azula x Zuko pairing.
You just had to remind me of all that,didnt you?
Ffs...great now I cant mind purge the Friends analogy.

May 30, 2020
Not wrong.
Them still being better than the Korra comics drivel is kinda hilarious in itself though.

You just had to remind me of all that,didnt you?
Ffs...great now I cant mind purge the Friends analogy.
Seeing Sokka standing next to and then driving just a literal modern day forklift fucking infuriated me beyond all reason. I wanted to yank the art team aside and scream at them for just drawing a modern day model forklift into the universe of FUCKING AVATAR.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
lol yeah, I'd rather stick with MITY than fuck around with character assassination.

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
Seeing Sokka standing next to and then driving just a literal modern day forklift fucking infuriated me beyond all reason. I wanted to yank the art team aside and scream at them for just drawing a modern day model forklift into the universe of FUCKING AVATAR.
Wait, I don't even remember that there was a fucking forklift, My brain must have deleted it from my memory because it was just too dumb to be true.

Like they really fucking did that ?

May 30, 2020
Wait, I don't even remember that there was a fucking forklift, My brain must have deleted it from my memory because it was just too dumb to be true.

Like they really fucking did that ?
1601700890987.png

My face when they have modern machine technology and an advanced combustion engine literally like two years after the best they had were metal blimps that relied entirely on hundreds of benders working round the clock to keep them aloft:
Not accurate.png

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 842400

My face when they have modern machine technology and an advanced combustion engine literally like two years after the best they had were metal blimps that relied entirely on hundreds of benders working round the clock to keep them aloft:
View attachment 842409
Holy shit, it's really literaly a fucking forklift, like a real one, I want to claw my eyes out here, it's not even a steampunk forklift, it's really a literal fucking amazon forklift.

No wonder I wiped that shit from my brain.

This picture alone is making me stupidly angry, seriously.

I can't get over it, I'm on my ass.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
View attachment 842400

View attachment 842409
Reminds me of one of Sokka's lines from the abridged series.
"You can create tanks, warships, and a gigantic freakin' drill... but the CONCEPT of a hot air balloon eludes you?"

Tech is all over the place.

May 30, 2020
Holy shit, it's really literaly a fucking forklift, like a real one, I want to claw my eyes out here, it's not even a steampunk forklift, it's really a literal fucking amazon forklift.

No wonder I wiped that shit from my brain.

This picture alone is making me stupidly angry, seriously.

I can't get over it, I'm on my ass.
I imagine the writing team like:
Artist: "So, a forklift?"
Nickelodeon Executive: "Yea, just like, a forklift."
Artist: "Like with steampunk parts like gears and maybe a water tribe symb-"
Nickelodeon Executive: "NO! A Forklift, just a regular, nondescript, yellow forklift, like the ones you'd see in any factory anywhere on earth."
Artist: "Doesn't that kinda... clash... violently... with like the entire setting of this universe?"
Nickelodeon Executive: "Uh-huh, yea, whatever, look I've gotta go do like a kilogram of cocaine and have disgusting prostitute sex in my penthouse, just draw what I pay you to draw. This comic exists to sell the new show, kids are gonna love it."
Artist: *contemplates suicide while drawing a stain on the legacy of Avatar*

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
I imagine the writing team like:
Artist: "So, a forklift?"
Nickelodeon Executive: "Yea, just like, a forklift."
Artist: "Like with steampunk parts like gears and maybe a water tribe symb-"
Nickelodeon Executive: "NO! A Forklift, just a regular, nondescript, yellow forklift, like the ones you'd see in any factory anywhere on earth."
Artist: "Doesn't that kinda... clash... violently... with like the entire setting of this universe?"
Nickelodeon Executive: "Uh-huh, yea, whatever, look I've gotta go do like a kilogram of cocaine and have disgusting prostitute sex in my penthouse, just draw what I pay you to draw. This comic exists to sell the new show, kids are gonna love it."
Artist: *contemplates suicide while drawing a stain on the legacy of Avatar*
You're giving them way too much credit, given how that whole industry works, the artists don't speak english, live in a basement somewhere in Korea or china and are allow out to see the sun once a year.

May 30, 2020
Oh and just in case anyone doubted me when I said it that it ran on a modern era combustion engine, look at this:
1601704641367.png
There are rubber belts in there, advanced tubing, fucking spark plugs, key-activated ignition system, chemical coolants, fucking just an insanely complex engine system and Toph isn't even 20 years old yet when this takes place. I don't even think shes 18. This might take place like 2-3 years after the events of the show.
They expect us to believe that we could go from gears and steam to modern day combustion engine within roughly 730-1095 days.
Thats like going from percussion cap rifles to an M4A1 in 2-3 years.
Its literally unbelievable.

Reactions: Cierne and Balrog
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes