zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
Played this game a long time ago, around the middle of book 2. It was a fantastic product so I've decided to wait for the final version to play the complete experience.

Could someone help me out, is the version (0.9) representing the current completeness to the developer plans to finish the game with the next major update?

I see some comments about burnout within the dev teem, no problem from my side been there also in my job, wishing the best to the developers, so I can wait, I am really just curious that do we know whether it is planned to finish the product with the next update or not yet?

Thank you all!
The version number is indicative of how close we are to 8 complete routes, but bear in mind the decimal. The latest route (Book 4 Slave) ended on version 0.8.7d, meaning it took 7 major updates to finish it. The current and last route, Book 4 Love, only just started in September. I expect it to take at least the same amount of updates until it's done.

Book 4 Slave Route took 15 months to develop (Mar 19 - Jun 20) and since Book 4 Love Route does not re-use the Slave Route's location and mechanics like it usually does, we're probably looking at a development time at least that long, especially now that the coder is late again and the artist is making a filler Halloween minigame just like last year.
And since I don't think they're in a rush to finish this last route, I'm just gonna arbitrarily add three more months of development time and say it'll take 18 months.

And then there's the Epilogue, to be made after this final route is finished to tie up the story. It will probably be a single build and take, say, three months. That puts us at a total of 21 months of development remaining, starting from last June.

So according to my bullshit numbers, the full game will be released in March 2022. Mark your calendar!!

lolchito

Sep 15, 2019
The version number is indicative of how close we are to 8 complete routes, but bear in mind the decimal. The latest route (Book 4 Slave) ended on version 0.8.7d, meaning it took 7 major updates to finish it. The current and last route, Book 4 Love, only just started in September. I expect it to take at least the same amount of updates until it's done.

Book 4 Slave Route took 15 months to develop (Mar 19 - Jun 20) and since Book 4 Love Route does not re-use the Slave Route's location and mechanics like it usually does, we're probably looking at a development time at least that long, especially now that the coder is late again and the artist is making a filler Halloween minigame just like last year.
And since I don't think they're in a rush to finish this last route, I'm just gonna arbitrarily add three more months of development time and say it'll take 18 months.

And then there's the Epilogue, to be made after this final route is finished to tie up the story. It will probably be a single build and take, say, three months. That puts us at a total of 21 months of development remaining, starting from last June.

So according to my bullshit numbers, the full game will be released in March 2022. Mark your calendar!!
OMFG that's a lot of time

ADF

Jun 30, 2017
There are 2 options to go with Azula at the end of the love route: As 1st choice - and she'll do that 180 turn but then gradually undo it - or go for some tour of the world and return to cure Azula, step-by-step. This one is true redemption. She totally changes, ask for forgiveness from the people she abused and getting all softy-lovey-dovey. Really heartwarming - that exactly was my fantasy for years!
The end is heartbreaking though, be forewarned.
Yeah based on what I've seen now I think that I played through, saw the 180 was mostly unchanged (with a few small writing alterations) and quit again before I got to the part where it actually changed and she softened. Was very happy to see that the "Go to the Avatar Route" ends up being an actual Love Route ending; very satisfying indeed.

Reactions: TopAnalRapeLover

Bertruger

Jun 10, 2018
Optimist =) With this level of loyalty of donation hamsters patrons and coder being so sassy - it easily could easily be twice longer =) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about "longer it takes - more content we will see" - but I still think that devs brazenly milking patrons with that kind of delays and other "burnout" shit. At least, even if they have some difficulties - they've could make some kind of "report" on regular basis to patrons, about what's precisely happening now, without 3-page graphomancy filled with silly puns (all meaning of which is - "I don't know what coder doing, I don't know when he will finish", and btw seems like they live in the 18th century, and devs have not IM and corresponding by pigeon mail). Not to mention - even considering that last update was relatively good - there is much room to make improvements quality wise.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017
RealKorra About the FET continuation you mentioned. Are you thinking about following where the story left off or creating a whole new story? I'm asking, because I believe that starting a new story makes it possible to explore the relationships between the characters without being stuck with what happened earlier. Korra is one of my favorite characters and I feel like we've had a lot of missed opportunities on the slave route.

Eisenbruder311

Nov 11, 2019
Optimist =) With this level of loyalty of donation hamsters patrons and coder being so sassy - it easily could easily be twice longer =) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about "longer it takes - more content we will see" - but I still think that devs brazenly milking patrons with that kind of delays and other "burnout" shit. At least, even if they have some difficulties - they've could make some kind of "report" on regular basis to patrons, about what's precisely happening now, without 3-page graphomancy filled with silly puns (all meaning of which is - "I don't know what coder doing, I don't know when he will finish", and btw seems like they live in the 18th century, and devs have not IM and corresponding by pigeon mail). Not to mention - even considering that last update was relatively good - there is much room to make improvements quality wise.
Its always a bad idea to make these accusations. It does not get us any further, but it will spoil your mood as long as it lasts.
In the end, nobody is forced to give them money and if you feel milked.... thats kind of your fault. I spent totally about 20 bucks (splittet in 5$ donations) over the time and iam totally fine with that. Even if they would abandon this beatiful game today. They are not obliged to do anything. Always keep that in mind, if you support something on Patreon/Kickstarter or wherever.

But of course i can feel and understand your anger. The thought of being exploited always upsets you.

In the end we cant change anything and in creative projects its never helpful if the "artists" got stressed. Let them have the time they need and if they obviously take advantage of it, you can still get upset. Later. Not now.

Btw. if they lie with that bournout thing, they would lie in the "reports" as well. So that leads nowhere

Just let hope they get it ready soon. I really enjoyed the beginning 9.0 :)

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
RealKorra About the FET continuation you mentioned. Are you thinking about following where the story left off or creating a whole new story? I'm asking, because I believe that starting a new story makes it possible to explore the relationships between the characters without being stuck with what happened earlier. Korra is one of my favorite characters and I feel like we've had a lot of missed opportunities on the slave route.
yes click on my signature below :)

montblonk

Mar 19, 2020
I just started to learn how to code Renpy and my appreciation for Mitty`s work and all the time they put in is growing exponentialy. Super excited for the HW update in a couple of days and hopefully a Main game update as well. But I atleast got something to distract myself with during all this.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
Ok so the thing is I've recently watched whole Avatar: The Last Airbender series and now I can see a lot more sense in this game in the places in which I hadn't been able to see any before.
It's not my first time because I had been watching the series as a kid but I didn't remember much so I did it again.
I must say I'd strongly advise to watch it if you didn't already before playing the game.
Greatly enriches the experience and you can appreciate the game more because you can understand the references fully and connections between the characters as well as the characters themselves.
Makes everything a whole lot hotter.

After finishing The Last Airbender the natural course of action was starting The Legend Of Korra and so I did.
It's my first time watching that one since it didn't exist yet when I was a kid.
And my fucking god, I fucking hate her.
The MC, Korra I mean.
Had watched 2 first seasons so far and I already want to beat her and let me tell you not many women make me want to wear a tank top and just:

I had thought she'll get better in season 2 after how season 1 ended, maybe she'll learn some humility and self control you know but nope, the same apodictic, selfish, entitled, arrogant, short-sighted, disrespectful, egoistic, impatient fucking cunt.
In addition all of that teenage romance involved in the show makes me cringe.
I was legitimately feeling bad for her at times while playing the slave route but not anymore.
She deserves everything that could come her way in this game including getting fucked by a dog.
I wish I'd watch before playing so I could get much more enjoyment out of breaking the bitch.
Fuck Korra man, fuck her and not only literally.

About which series is better The Last Airbender or The Legend Of Korra that's not even a question.
The Last Airbender is far better in every possible aspect I think.
I could go forever but I'm just going to say the most important things.
Watching The Last Airbender, you can tell they're trying to teach you a lesson, out of practically every episode you could get a moral.
Every ending of every story is logical and satisfying like you can think to yourself after the end "yep, this is something I'd consider a fair and interesting conclusion".
I think that's the greatest virtue of The Last Airbender.
In the The Legend Of Korra there's nothing like that as it's just your typical generic "The bad guy wants to destroy the word so we've to stop him. Hooooray, we had defeated the bad guy! Oh look! There's another one and he wants to destroy the world too! What a coincidence! He's definitely the first one being so evil! We've to stop him as well!" niche series.
The world presented in The Legend Of Korra doesn't help too as I personally don't like the set up with all of those cringe machines, especially mechs and generally the more futuristic era the action happens in.
Characters suck, they're all just the same NPC's, boring and predictable, Tenzin and Asami being the only two exceptions.
Well still 2 (?) more seasons to go, maybe it'll get better, hoping Korra herself will get better at least so the show would be somehow bearable, at the same time I don't count on that one.

Last edited:

montblonk

Mar 19, 2020
Well still 2 (?) more seasons to go, maybe it'll get better, hoping Korra herself will get better at least so the show would be somehow bearable, at the same time I don't count on that one.
truth be told season 3 was pretty good but season 4 was kinda meh tho her character growth is more evident in s4 but s3 was def more darker.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes