Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018

My favorite color is...

Hey all! How you doin? The Halloween build really took it out of me and I needed at least a few days of downtime. Not getting enough sleep is always like playing Russian roulette for me, but worse. There's a fifty/fifty percent change I'll walk around with a headache all day the next day which only clears up in the evening. At that point I feel like having wasted a day and the temptation to go too late to bed again is strong.

Anyway!! A Halloween build can be nice and fun but it's not the real deal, right? It's missing that gravitas a single shot build can't provide. That's at least how it feels to me. It's an in between meals thing to me... a snack. So when's dinner time? After al, most of us will have found the apron, carrots, sharp knife, cauldron and club by now.

Well, I got a message back from cbob and he gave me a date. Not just a date, but a "do or die" kind of date. There have been times I was more confident in cbob's dates. I love the guy, but he's going to have to win back some trust when it comes to his estimations and if he can stick to what he told me it'll be a good move towards that.

I've suggested for him to take a break once the current build is done(or before), even if it's just a short one, but he's been fighting me on that. I think he'd be way more effective if he actually took time to wind down... like officially and more regularly. Because just sitting behind your Mac and trying to work all day can be just as effective as not doing anything at all if you don't have the energy levels to go with it.

He will have to convince me he's doing fine and this month's build will be a part of that or I'll wait with sending him any new drawings/scenes for the next build and basically force him to have some down time.

I don't like being a party pooper but sometimes those are the kind of poopers needed if only to keep on pooping better and more reliably in the future. ...What the fuck did I just write...

Let's wait and see. Maybe my spidey sense is just over reacting and he's going to surprise us all. I'd like that very much! But if tough love is needed I'll provide some.

Btw. I haven't actually given you the exact date which cbob gave me yet and I won't. Even in the best of circumstances he's bad at estimations! However, I will say that cbob's date is around halfway this month. I'd love to be more precise and we've been getting pm's asking us, but I don't wanna jinx it and give cbob a few more days if it turns out his "do or die" date turns out to be "die".

And since my head's still filled with Sokka after creating the Halloween build, I'm going to add a pic of Aang and Katara!

"This one is for you uncle Sokka!"

But what will (and have) I been doing in the meantime? Revisiting some of my scenes which are meant for the current build! I thought they were fine, but when looking at them again after working on the Halloween build for a couple of weeks, I was less appreciative of the results. I can't do anything too rigorous because that would mess with cbob's work, but I feel some touch ups are needed.

And that's it for this small update. I'm looking forward to seeing what cbob will have for us all once he's done and ready to show it!

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Even the artist knows how bad the coder is at meeting a deadline, so much that he wont even say the date the coder set, lmao.

The build not coming out until the middle of this month (with a HUGE *maybe*) sucks but its better than it could have been I guess.

Reactions: BuggyD

TotitoT

Jun 6, 2020
Are they really two different people? , I don't know why there is a whole show behind mity
he or they don't need it, I say ..It doesn't seem like the people of patreon really care about the backlogs or these little dramas that are made up ... well i dont know I was patron for 2 months when I first met the game

thx for the update.

Reactions: Rama999

F1forhalp

SOTD: Nick Cave - Where The Wild Roses Grow
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
MiTy (May it Taint you) stands for the team that consists of one coder, who also does the main part of writing, and one artist, who does the rest of writing, for the main (FET) game.
said artist does the halloween shorts on his own, likely using assets and ideas that didn't make it into FET for a variety of reasons, and additional stuff to make it a story around the halloween theme. there tmk he does the story and coding by himself.

Reactions: TotitoT

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
That is, all this text was to say that the coder is still blocked, and it seems that I got it right about the next update coming out in the middle of November (even at the beginning of October it was said that it was 80% ready).
Well, there's nothing to be done, just wait.

safadobr

Jun 14, 2017
Are they really two different people? , I don't know why there is a whole show behind mity
he or they don't need it, I say ..It doesn't seem like the people of patreon really care about the backlogs or these little dramas that are made up ... well i dont know I was patron for 2 months when I first met the game

thx for the update.
I agree about the drama, really sounds made up.

Reactions: Rama999

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
That is, all this text was to say that the coder is still blocked, and it seems that I got it right about the next update coming out in the middle of November (even at the beginning of October it was said that it was 80% ready).
Well, there's nothing to be done, just wait.
Well it also said that if the coder doesn't meet the deadline that they themselves put together, than MITY might just mcfuckin lose it and look elsewhere.

Not outright stated but MITY is reaching his boiling point even if it's a fairly high temperature already.

Reactions: Balrog

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Well it also said that if the coder doesn't meet the deadline that they themselves put together, than MITY might just mcfuckin lose it and look elsewhere.

Not outright stated but MITY is reaching his boiling point even if it's a fairly high temperature already.
This is sad, but a wise decision if it is true.

MarkusDupree

Aug 14, 2017

This bum should have been fired for a long time. But apparently he is a friend of MITY or something, so he still slows down the project.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes