MarkusDupree

Aug 14, 2017
This "bum" did most of the writing that made the game so good in the first place. It's not even guaranteed that you'd like the game so much if they replaced him. That's why this is a problem.
Maybe then it would be worth hiring a separate person for the code. 25k is not bad money and it would not hit the project budget too much. But apparently all the problems of MITY run into banal greed.

Reactions: patrick stewart

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
This bum should have been fired for a long time. But apparently he is a friend of MITY or something, so he still slows down the project.
Didn't they start together ? I don't remember the coder or artist being hired afterward.
Maybe then it would be worth hiring a separate person for the code. 25k is not bad money and it would not hit the project budget too much. But apparently all the problems of MITY run into banal greed.
It's more complicated. Legally, the coder has to decide to hire new people. The artist is just under contract.

MarkusDupree

Aug 14, 2017
It's more complicated. Legally, the coder has to decide to hire new people. The artist is just under contract.
It was he who made himself comfortable. Not only does he do nothing himself, he also hired a person who makes excuses instead of him. Although the unfortunate $ 200 to a coder from some godforsaken Ukraine could solve all the problems with delays.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
is the game done
No. We're in the endgame though. We have the remainder of Book 4 love route finish as well as an epilogue.

It was he who made himself comfortable. Not only does he do nothing himself, he also hired a person who makes excuses instead of him. Although the unfortunate $ 200 to a coder from some godforsaken Ukraine could solve all the problems with delays.
I wouldn't call it "excuses." There has been shit going on that has caused stuff to be delayed. The problem is that Cbob doesn't provide anything to help himself. It's not the artist's (the contracted person) job to provide an excuse when they're not technically the lead on the project.

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
i have to say i also thought ones in a while that there might just be one person doing the entire game that cashes in everything.

dont get me wrong the artworks are perfect and i would expect the artist to work much slower then he does but renpy writing and coding really isnt that complicated. and the halloween side story proofs that the artist (now) has the same abillitys in terms of writing and coding.

but i think all those entrys he wrote about how the coder wants to implement stupid minigames that slow down the progress proof that there really are 2 people working on it.

I dont want to be too harsh here but as someone who paid some money over a long amount of time to them i really think we should ask "what is the coder bringing to the table here?"

and if you look at the halloween side story and compare it to the main game it seems to be redicolous minigames like crab battles or earth soldier vs fire soldier fights wich are extremely boring unbalanced and grind based.

there can be some minigames in the game like the bartender minigame for example or the card game with ty lee or the spinner game but overall i think puzzles like the one from the latest halloween game are alot more fitting and also engaging while the minigames are just dumb button smashing with minimal engagement.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
i have to say i also thought ones in a while that there might just be one person doing the entire game that cashes in everything.

dont get me wrong the artworks are perfect and i would expect the artist to work much slower then he does but renpy writing and coding really isnt that complicated. and the halloween side story proofs that the artist (now) has the same abillitys in terms of writing and coding.

but i think all those entrys he wrote about how the coder wants to implement stupid minigames that slow down the progress proof that there really are 2 people working on it.

I dont want to be too harsh here but as someone who paid some money over a long amount of time to them i really think we should ask "what is the coder bringing to the table here?"

and if you look at the halloween side story and compare it to the main game it seems to be redicolous minigames like crab battles or earth soldier vs fire soldier fights wich are extremely boring unbalanced and grind based.

there can be some minigames in the game like the bartender minigame for example or the card game with ty lee or the spinner game but overall i think puzzles like the one from the latest halloween game are alot more fitting and also engaging while the minigames are just dumb button smashing with minimal engagement.
I agree, the Halloween story was very smooth in terms of format, in some ways even better than the last regular update (everything in the beginning of Book 4 Love Route is scripted to follow a specific succession of events even though in many situations it doesn't make much sence). In terms of the writing, it had everything regular FET had - humor, accurate behavior of characters, cohesion.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Nick Cave - Where The Wild Roses Grow
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
still different from the FET (main game) style of story progress, and this certain .. notch in the text.
if memory serves, it was like, the coder (cbob) had the idea and whatwasit, called the artist in at a point-zero stage. appears those two "clicked" from start.
if you go along 2 years and more with this certain way of writing, you can create a special like the halloween ones and come up with something alike. me, i see different "roots" in the specials, compared to the main game text.

Reactions: B2B2

Revolver1

May 21, 2018
Josh Spicer Do you think the completed route of route 4 will be released at least before the end of this year though?

I'm not trying to rush, you and others have made a good point that you can't rush these things; if they do rush it, then the game might turn out poorly made, which I'm sure none of us want. However, I'm probably not the only one who checks on here daily to see if there has been another update to the main story after his team finished with the Halloween release.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
Josh Spicer Do you think the completed route of route 4 will be released at least before the end of this year though?

I'm not trying to rush, you and others have made a good point that you can't rush these things; if they do rush it, then the game might turn out poorly made, which I'm sure none of us want. However, I'm probably not the only one who checks on here daily to see if there has been another update to the main story after his team finished with the Halloween release.
The love route just started, the end of the year is in 2 months. There's no way to finish it by the end of this year.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018

That wasn't going to happen even if they were on schedule.

Tentative release date (as given by the artist as a deadline for the coder/writer) is some time this month. Beyond that, we're all in the dark. If that release isn't met than things will probably start changing behind the scenes.

But no, there is no chance of it being done by the end of the year. The end of next year is a hopeful date (at the very latest) but even then that seems like optimism.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018

Even if the coder had 100% health and creativity, the answer would still be no, less than 2 months until the end of the year, and the fastest update time to date was 1 month.
I foresee at least 5 more updates before moving on to the prologue(being very Very Very optimistic).

Reactions: F1forhalp

Revolver1

May 21, 2018
Josh Spicer Hmm, so I'll have to wait a year, huh? I see, thanks for the response dude. Based on what was being posted I really thought I would be able to play the completed Book four some time this year.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes