ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
I questioned Marty in the comments and he made it clear the coding part wasn't the issue. It was the writing part. He referenced writer's block and that cbob was afraid of not meeting the expectations the game has presented so far.

Also.

To a certain extent that is fair. But if it's absolute garbage and it's your fault because you wrote through it, it will only make the writer feel worse.

writer's block is a pitfall, the best way to deal with it is to take a step back, work on something else, read, play or watch movies, and try to think how you could implement those things on your story. if you keep trying to bash you head you will end up with a broken skull.

however, that doesnt mean you should just waste months doing that. like the guy said, people depend on your work to do theirs. if you let the block dictate your work, you will never finish because you are trapped.

in some cases, you need to just write whatever no matter how garbage, and move on to something else, then, after you got the "ending" go back, and rework that portion, now knowing what you want to achieve will help you more than you think.

it all depends on what is blocking you, writter's block is can be anything, from i have no idea what the characters should say, all the way to a literal road block, that you have no idea how to fix.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
i have writer's block because i'm not getting fucked enough :p
I would write a proper response to your comment but

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
" Deadline "
Was never given publicly. Nobody knows what cbob's new deadline is. A lot of people theorized middle of November. I'm come to believe it's the end of the month.

Either way, I'm convinced he won't make it but I would love to be surprised.

Reactions: TrueJackal

AJ2018

Apr 7, 2018
I can understand what writers block is, but it should never stall the updates for so long. There must be some update even if the writing sucks, it can always be changed again in the following updates after that.
Also maybe 'cbob' must change his name to 'cvagene' , coz he is a pussy anyways.

Reactions: safadobr

ssjgssj

Feb 16, 2018
Was never given publicly. Nobody knows what cbob's new deadline is. A lot of people theorized middle of November. I'm come to believe it's the end of the month.

Either way, I'm convinced he won't make it but I would love to be surprised.
Maybe another four months ;) .

F1forhalp

SOTD: Nick Cave - Where The Wild Roses Grow
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I questioned Marty in the comments and he made it clear the coding part wasn't the issue. It was the writing part. He referenced writer's block and that cbob was afraid of not meeting the expectations the game has presented so far.

Also.

To a certain extent that is fair. But if it's absolute garbage and it's your fault because you wrote through it, it will only make the writer feel worse.
there's that. you force yourself to get something done whatever it takes, BUT. you re-read that part to make the ends fit into the existing story and see it's crap. and then you blame yourself. and then you come top hate yourself. and then you're prone to spiral down.
if you get lucky, you have something else to do, to get your mind free or whatever brick wall, but there's another trap right there. because, you start something else. and it's getting really tempting to keep doing that, because what you actually really want to get done has this nagging scary roadblock right there.
sometimes it does help if you have someone giving you some push. next trap; you may end up getting pushed right into what was blocking you in the first place. because maybe you already know where you get stuck, you just can't for the life of you find the one piece that fits the way you want it.
if you get really really lucky, you can somehow fix whatever is blocking you, or find some smart way around, before your motivation to even do anything runs out.
all of the above is iffy, none of the above will come within a set amount of time. i've known some authors sitting on a number of half done books until they grew old. we talk about 15 to 40+ years before they continued, or lessay tried.

not judging one way or another, just telling what i've seen happening. the world has more unfinished stories than finished ones.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alkemya-san

Alkemya-san

Jul 27, 2017
Maybe another four months ;) .
Come on dude, this is some real quality content !
You're clearly waiting for the update because you appreciate the content he produces (you actively comment about this update so this is my best guess).

Don't be rude, art & coding isn't something absolute : sometimes you run into some unexpected difficulties, and it may take time to solve, but we all like this game the way he is.

Give him the time he needs please, nobody wants some sloppy/unfinished game.

idkwotboutu

Oct 11, 2017
I can understand what writers block is, but it should never stall the updates for so long. There must be some update even if the writing sucks, it can always be changed again in the following updates after that.
Also maybe 'cbob' must change his name to 'cvagene' , coz he is a pussy anyways.
problem with that is that a lot of players will immediatly play the update after release so even if you update it afterwords most people won't revisiting it

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
I need 100% save file please
...why?

This game is... very linear. As in, "visual novel with minigames" linear.

Save for Book 4's Love Route, the only points you can get stuck are by: not ginding/doing the current minigame enough to get the item you need, or didn't check around enough to see all scenes available. The closest to blocks I remember is book 2, love route you have three endings that are exclusive (meaning if you go to one you can't see the others), and you can just save before making the choice and see all three, and slave route you have decisions that can change some part of the ending like freeing the slaves or having good karma.

And you can start from any book, you have an order but nothing forces you to follow them.

Unless you want the saves to be the near end of every book, where you can still see most of the repeatable scenes? But it is not 100%.

(well, I think you may also mean the book 4 slave route cards minigame, where you can keep playing for a random concept art?)

Reactions: zenzaxaznez
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes