Rootykin

Jun 13, 2020
Can anyone confirm whether the Windows 0.9.0c file on Mega is clean or not?
My PC has been acting up after unpacking and it has gotten so bad I can't even do it myself right now.
Apologies in advance for wasting anyone's time, but this uncertainty is gnawing away at me and I'm trying to look into any possible origin to my problem.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Nick Cave - Where The Wild Roses Grow
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
It depends.

If it is just changing the images to give more details there is probably no need to change any of the code. Not sure about Ren'py, but most programs keep the image files separate so you can just trade them for the new ones.

If it is just changing expressions with affection at points there are not specific images yet, there would be some extra work... but the artist do knows some Ren'py himself, as he does the Halloween Specials himself, so unless he goes too crazy he can just add some checks to use the new images at the right points.

The problem with the second one is... I do not know Ren'py myself, while I could try my hand at python as I know coding basics (and all languages use it, just expand on it, so studying them instead of just a specific language helps with all later) I can't say for sure how much Ren'py would limit someone, nor took a look into FET's code to see how much of a spaghetti it is, how hard would it be to mesh the changes to book 1/2 when cbob does finish the update to book 4?
just changing the images would be rather easy to do, as long as you keep the naming canon (each replaced image must have the exact name and path of the old one), the script references will match it. if you mess up there, Ren'Py will tell you a file not found, with path reference.
a bit more writework would have to be done if it comes to changing the text, you'll have to find and replace the lines inside them scripts, if you mess up there, you get error messages telling you the first line that's not getting the expected result, so you better be right at each line from the beginning.. because it's going down to "fix one line, restart, next error, fix one line, restart, next error" you know the rest.

for how Ren'py can be stretched to it's limit, i'm not sure anyone knows the down-dead limit of that. some example how far you can stretch it just for a game, lookie here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but yea, some several people in this thread mentioned the FET code is rather very spaghetti.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nottravis

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
just changing the images would be rather easy to do, as long as you keep the naming canon (each replaced image must have the exact name and path of the old one), the script references will match it. if you mess up there, Ren'Py will tell you a file not found, with path reference.
a bit more writework would have to be done if it comes to changing the text, you'll have to find and replace the lines inside them scripts, if you mess up there, you get error messages telling you the first line that's not getting the expected result, so you better be right at each line from the beginning.. because it's going down to "fix one line, restart, next error, fix one line, restart, next error" you know the rest.

for how Ren'py can be stretched to it's limit, i'm not sure anyone knows the down-dead limit of that. some example how far you can stretch it just for a game, lookie here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but yea, some several people in this thread mentioned the FET code is rather very spaghetti.
Worse than you think.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
t6he sad thing is, this update probably wont have anything that big... since the reason for the delay is the coder, i suspect there wont be more than a couple scenes. maybe a bj from korra(if not just a hj), and maybe something small with another character.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
At this point just work on the next update and release the two in december or something.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
t6he sad thing is, this update probably wont have anything that big... since the reason for the delay is the coder, i suspect there wont be more than a couple scenes. maybe a bj from korra(if not just a hj), and maybe something small with another character.
I bet on:

korra handjob
katara boobjob
kya blowjob
and maybe some scene with Opal.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Eaniee meanie, chilli beanie. The Spirits are about to speak!

I predict that until the next update releases, there will be more gripping and moaning about it not having released yet, more people trying to micro manage someone else's business and more predictions made by people that are only guessing or wishing.

So it has been predicted! So it shall be so!

• Angry
Reactions: BuggyD and Separin
4.50 star(s) 276 Votes