YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
You know what I'm really wondering right now?

We know that cbob is the main coder. Maybe even only coder with marty helping just occasionally and making the halloween games.

We also know cbob is the main writer, but marty also gives some input.

And we mainly know that, art-wise, the update should be ready.

I'm wondering which of cbob's pieces is the block being on.

I once had a nervous breakdown with a code. As in, anxiety attack level of breakdown. Took a month to rest, and when I came bck I basically redid the code from scratch, and it ended up much easier and much better.

I once had a writer's block. I had the cliff notes ready, it should be easy... but I just couldn't write it properly. Thankfully it was just a free fanfic, unlike here, so I could move to another story to use my creativity in other ways and try to relax it enough to get past that block.

Both parts are possible. But one makes a buggy game and the other a bad quality update.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Ah.

I thought it was so, but with everyone going "change the coder!" "just don't add the minigame then!" and others I started having doubts.

And yeah, writer's block is a bitch worse than coder in this case.
Since people are expecting the next update, so pressure on keping at it instead of doing a side-project like I did, and...
Well, I don't know about a writers' version of StackOverflow.

duffbeer

Feb 27, 2017
I've done ghost writing in the past. When you have a writer's block yo suck it the hell up and you write through it. Clients depend on you.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
Marty has made it public that cbob was (is) having writer's block.
Did he say so in a post or in Patreon comments? I must have missed it because I only remember him saying he doesn't know what's going on (in a pre-Halloween post a month back).

t4ewk

Dec 15, 2017
Did he say so in a post or in Patreon comments? I must have missed it because I only remember him saying he doesn't know what's going on (in a pre-Halloween post a month back).
He said as much in a post a couple weeks ago, towards the end of last month. You can find the posts on here, just dig back to like, mid-October.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
so... for those that watched korra, how would you say this guy is being fair for those that did not?
Since, you know, this game is good even without but a lot better when you did know the parts referenced?

lolchito

Sep 15, 2019
so... for those that watched korra, how would you say this guy is being fair for those that did not?
Since, you know, this game is good even without but a lot better when you did know the parts referenced?
there are so many people saying LOK is bad and people saying LOK is good but not much as ATLA

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
I questioned Marty in the comments and he made it clear the coding part wasn't the issue. It was the writing part. He referenced writer's block and that cbob was afraid of not meeting the expectations the game has presented so far.

Also.

I've done ghost writing in the past. When you have a writer's block yo suck it the hell up and you write through it. Clients depend on you.
To a certain extent that is fair. But if it's absolute garbage and it's your fault because you wrote through it, it will only make the writer feel worse.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
To a certain extent that is fair. But if it's absolute garbage and it's your fault because you wrote through it, it will only make the writer feel worse.
This.
This is the main cause for my own writer's blocks. I can write a bit before the block. Most of the time I can write a lot after it, maybe even already did in a separate file. The problem is that middle area, I could just power through it but that would mean a spot of possibly terrible writing.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
What is your question here? Whether book 4's portrayal of LoK is fair in terms of character integrity, story beats, visual design, overall feel and whatnot?

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes