Mod Ren'Py Onhold Four Elements Trainer - Zuko Mod [v0.1b]

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Here's a challenge for any artists on here: Create head assets of On Ji in Mity's style. You could use another character's body, like Toph or one of the loli characters, but the head would obviously have to be done from scratch. If someone pulled that off now that would actually be impressive.

I'm something of an artist myself and specialize in replicating art styles. If someone else doesn't do it I will look into it. Don't count on me too much though. I'm extremely busy these days.
If someone could create some On Ji netori art that would be chefs kiss :BootyTime:

Aug 20, 2021
Here's a challenge for any artists on here: Create head assets of On Ji in Mity's style. You could use another character's body, like Toph or one of the loli characters, but the head would obviously have to be done from scratch. If someone pulled that off now that would actually be impressive.

I'm something of an artist myself and specialize in replicating art styles. If someone else doesn't do it I will look into it. Don't count on me too much though. I'm extremely busy these days.
Dude you have no idea how dope an On Ji scene would be, honestly lol. If you wanted to pitch in, by all means, that’d be awesome. But it’s all a matter of what you’d wanna do.

Reactions: Phase_01

Ponetan

Dec 2, 2021
Now I've not tried this yet as I'm going to wait until it's further along, so I don't know what you're planning for the story.

This would be rather ambitious, but something I think would be cool is if you tossed out everything to do with FET's story and instead just did the ATLA story from Zuko's perspective.

The content and order of the books would of course have to be completely changed. All of the stuff from Korra could be turned into ATLA assets, since those obviously wouldn't make sense with this idea and all those good assets would go to waste otherwise. Like stuff involving Zhu Li could be repurposed into more Suki scenes for example. This would give you more content to work with.

Love Route could be the cannon path that Zuko took, leading to his redemption and eventual rise as the heroic Fire Lord.

Slave Route however could be an alternate ending where Zuko embraces his dark side and never joins Aang and takes all of the girls from the other nations as war prisoners. Perhaps Ozai would be so proud of Zuko that he wouldn't object to him and Azula getting it on. Maybe have a scene where Ozai and Zuko double team Azula.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Now I've not tried this yet as I'm going to wait until it's further along, so I don't know what you're planning for the story.

This would be rather ambitious, but something I think would be cool is if you tossed out everything to do with FET's story and instead just did the ATLA story from Zuko's perspective.

The content and order of the books would of course have to be completely changed. All of the stuff from Korra could be turned into ATLA assets, since those obviously wouldn't make sense with this idea and all those good assets would go to waste otherwise. Like stuff involving Zhu Li could be repurposed into more Suki scenes for example. This would give you more content to work with.

Love Route could be the cannon path that Zuko took, leading to his redemption and eventual rise as the heroic Fire Lord.

Slave Route however could be an alternate ending where Zuko embraces his dark side and never joins Aang and takes all of the girls from the other nations as war prisoners. Perhaps Ozai would be so proud of Zuko that he wouldn't object to him and Azula getting it on. Maybe have a scene where Ozai and Zuko double team Azula.
i can get behind a scene of Suki being captured and sent to the boiling pot prison (iirc thats what its called) and being chained up like Zhu Li in the box as a present for Zuko

double tag Azula using assets from the Suyin scene would be hot as well

or slave katara with the Suyin captured bukkake scene

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021

See that's an amazing idea, and one I've even considered. The challenge of course is making what art assets I have work to tell this new story. It should come as no surprise, but I'm not an artist lol. I'd consider myself more of a writer.

This mod is still in its super early planning stages, so I mean... if better ideas come along, it can only be a benefit, right? I want to take this Love Route/Slave Route thing to the next level, a lot like you mentioned. A Zuko from canon who either redeems himself, or one who goes down a darker path.

Side note: you know the side images for Zuko in FET? And how it looks like Book 3 Zuko? I sooo wish I could have different variations for each book. Just to show some kind of progression. I dunno. It isn't the hugest deal breaker, though. Just something I thought of.

i can get behind a scene of Suki being captured and sent to the boiling pot prison (iirc thats what its called) and being chained up like Zhu Li in the box as a present for Zuko

The Boiling Rock is the name of the prison. And... man. XD Actually those are some pretty good ideas. Writing Love Route VS Slave Route hits so different I've noticed : P

• Haha
Reactions: Phase_01

Ponetan

Dec 2, 2021

I feel like the only doable way that this love/slave concept would work is for you to be committed to whatever route you pick at the start.
No variables for mixed endings to have to worry about. You have one linear path and another linear path. The only variables that would have to be programmed would be what girls do you get and which ones do you miss and which girls do you impregnate.

Ponetan

Dec 2, 2021
See that's an amazing idea, and one I've even considered. The challenge of course is making what art assets I have work to tell this new story. It should come as no surprise, but I'm not an artist lol. I'd consider myself more of a writer.

This mod is still in its super early planning stages, so I mean... if better ideas come along, it can only be a benefit, right? I want to take this Love Route/Slave Route thing to the next level, a lot like you mentioned. A Zuko from canon who either redeems himself, or one who goes down a darker path.

Side note: you know the side images for Zuko in FET? And how it looks like Book 3 Zuko? I sooo wish I could have different variations for each book. Just to show some kind of progression. I dunno. It isn't the hugest deal breaker, though. Just something I thought of.

The Boiling Rock is the name of the prison. And... man. XD Actually those are some pretty good ideas. Writing Love Route VS Slave Route hits so different I've noticed : P
At least backgrounds you wouldn't have to worry too much about. Like Korra's book had a few different snowy settings and air temple settings to work with. You aren't making money off of this so honestly you could probably get away with ripping backgrounds from the show.

As for variations of Zuko, that wouldn't be too difficult to do. You've already got someone who was able to that stuff with Ursa almost entirely with just photoshop. Giving Zuko his ponytail look or fire lord hair don't seem like they'd be that ambitious to do.

I'd be less worried about available assets and more worried about the amount of existing code from FET would have to be changed.

Aug 20, 2021
At least backgrounds you wouldn't have to worry too much about. Like Korra's book had a few different snowy settings and air temple settings to work with. You aren't making money off of this so honestly you could probably get away with ripping backgrounds from the show.

As for variations of Zuko, that wouldn't be too difficult to do. You've already got someone who was able to that stuff with Ursa almost entirely with just photoshop. Giving Zuko his ponytail look or fire lord hair don't seem like they'd be that ambitious to do.

I'd be less worried about available assets and more worried about the amount of existing code from FET would have to be changed.
Yep. If I went more a lewd Zuko ATLA retelling route, so much code would change. It’d mostly be from scratch by that point. But hey, it wouldn’t be a mod if everything was the same lol.

F1forhalp

SOTD: ZZ Top - Thunderbird (live, 1975)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
ok played through the first book, now with it's separate save folder (biggest concern eased), gotta say i liked what's there so far. maybe something different for what i'd call 'bad endings' would be nice, the parts where saying No leads to game end, but i guess that's just me. it all takes more coding/writing/art i assume, which ofc takes time.
for what's there, thumb's up.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
ok played through the first book, now with it's separate save folder (biggest concern eased), gotta say i liked what's there so far. maybe something different for what i'd call 'bad endings' would be nice, the parts where saying No leads to game end, but i guess that's just me. it all takes more coding/writing/art i assume, which ofc takes time.
now i hate ntr....

but...

bad ending could be very depraved and dirty

Aug 20, 2021
now i hate ntr....

but...

bad ending could be very depraved and dirty
This build is all very much a demo. A demo that will differ drastically from the finalized mod. It’s all a proof of concept to get people talking and to see what works and what doesn’t. The bad endings I included were another one of those tests. I wasn’t quite sure the response they would get, but I went for them in any case.

As of this current moment, the state of Book 1 is still very much in its planning stages (as mentioned previously). I really loved an idea floated by Ponetan, one I had thought of as well, being, what if instead I drifted away from the FET plotline and retold ATLA in a more lewd fashion, with Zuko of course as the MC?

The player of course gets to choose Zuko’s destiny… whether he ultimately sides with the Fire Nation and controls everything (Slave) or goes down a more canon path of redemption (Love). To do this, I would have to do things essentially from scratch, but it’s an undertaking I’m very much considering right now.

Boosttowin

Sep 14, 2019
This build is all very much a demo. A demo that will differ drastically from the finalized mod. It’s all a proof of concept to get people talking and to see what works and what doesn’t. The bad endings I included were another one of those tests. I wasn’t quite sure the response they would get, but I went for them in any case.

As of this current moment, the state of Book 1 is still very much in its planning stages (as mentioned previously). I really loved an idea floated by Ponetan, one I had thought of as well, being, what if instead I drifted away from the FET plotline and retold ATLA in a more lewd fashion, with Zuko of course as the MC?

The player of course gets to choose Zuko’s destiny… whether he ultimately sides with the Fire Nation and controls everything (Slave) or goes down a more canon path of redemption (Love). To do this, I would have to do things essentially from scratch, but it’s an undertaking I’m very much considering right now.
Ok since you brought up Zuko ruling/siding with the fire nation for the slave route I gotta ask... the heck does that mean for Korra? A future where Zuko rules supreme (possibly having the rest of the world under his thumb thanks to other slave routes) could be drastically different then the canon timeline. Yes, the love route will probably be "Snake lady send future or zuko just waits since he is alive at the time" but this leaves the slave route in a confusing spot. Does Zuko arrive old/young to find a resistance/equlist led by Korra and Amon together, does the future stay mainly the same with Idk a statue of Zuko in republic city instead Aang, or does Zuko just walk in to find a completely loyal Korra raised to worship him since he already rules the world (that would actually be a clever epilogue if you didn't want to write a book 4). I know this is probably not a thought that has come up given you are focusing on book 1, and maybe 2 as they are immediate concerns but your passion for the project made me wonder if you had considered book 4 yet. (Especially if we are ditching the FET time bounce aspect which brings up how book 3... comes before... 2... NOPE! This over blown question for a mod I'm excited for has gone on long enough!) Best of luck can't wait to see how this mod turns out!

Aug 20, 2021
Ok since you brought up Zuko ruling/siding with the fire nation for the slave route I gotta ask... the heck does that mean for Korra? A future where Zuko rules supreme (possibly having the rest of the world under his thumb thanks to other slave routes) could be drastically different then the canon timeline. Yes, the love route will probably be "Snake lady send future or zuko just waits since he is alive at the time" but this leaves the slave route in a confusing spot. Does Zuko arrive old/young to find a resistance/equlist led by Korra and Amon together, does the future stay mainly the same with Idk a statue of Zuko in republic city instead Aang, or does Zuko just walk in to find a completely loyal Korra raised to worship him since he already rules the world (that would actually be a clever epilogue if you didn't want to write a book 4). I know this is probably not a thought that has come up given you are focusing on book 1, and maybe 2 as they are immediate concerns but your passion for the project made me wonder if you had considered book 4 yet. (Especially if we are ditching the FET time bounce aspect which brings up how book 3... comes before... 2... NOPE! This over blown question for a mod I'm excited for has gone on long enough!) Best of luck can't wait to see how this mod turns out!
You’re right that I haven’t thought quite THAT far ahead yet, but interesting premises are certainly already in plain sight for us like the ones you mentioned. I like the one where he may have to deal with a rebellion led by the new Avatar Korra and perhaps the White Lotus. It would go hand in hand with the whole ‘Slave’ concept. He would have already dealt with Aang by then, but now with Korra in the mix, he’ll have to deal with her in a far different way.

“Well what about Jinora, Ikki and the Airbenders?” is a question that may also come up. But the answer to that is simple. After Aang lost in the Slave Route timeline, he very well could have been kept as a lifelong prisoner to breed more Airbenders to be raised in the ways of the Fire Nation. They would also make capable soldiers to maintain their order across the world. Rather ironic, considering their near genocide by Sozin. But yes! That could explain why Tenzin and Kya, and later Jinora and Ikki would show up. Not to mention the whole Harmonic Convergence thing.

F1forhalp

SOTD: ZZ Top - Thunderbird (live, 1975)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
thing is, i really, really don't care about the whole show/series stuff. never will watch it, so any argument about 'canon' as of being a plotline in the show, is completely lost on me.
the difficulty here might come, when/if something is in the game that would make no sense if one hasn't watched that show. the original FET can be played by anyone completely oblivious to anything of the show. it in this regard tells it's own story, as game plotlines, that's why it works for me.
okay that decision is still quite some length further down the road i guess.

Boosttowin

Sep 14, 2019
thing is, i really, really don't care about the whole show/series stuff. never will watch it, so any argument about 'canon' as of being a plotline in the show, is completely lost on me.
the difficulty here might come, when/if something is in the game that would make no sense if one hasn't watched that show. the original FET can be played by anyone completely oblivious to anything of the show. it in this regard tells it's own story, as game plotlines, that's why it works for me.
okay that decision is still quite some length further down the road i guess.
Oh no, I don't care about breaking canon, I was just curious since he mentioned abandoning time hopping aspect of FET. With book 3 technically happening before book two, and possibly more change brought about by the slave route direction. I don't care about breaking canon but as the original game followed the layout of the show it had a set direction (avatar found in south pole, avatar fights long feing in basing se, Zuko returns to fire nation, Korra fights Amon then kuvera).
The more changes made, the further you stray from the original layout, and the more original material is required to fill the gaps. I invite original content, but it is alot work to keep writing said content. You don't need to watch the show to understand the games but books 1 2 and 3 need to end specific ways to make book 4 as it is.
The love route should have no issue but if the slave route is as different as he says Book 4 would require a rewrite in its entirety to maintain the mods continuity. An original FET used a set layout written long before the game was ever considered, creating a new layout like this is daunting I was curious how far Fire Lord Zuko wanted to go with this mod. A question I am excited to see down the line.

Ponetan

Dec 2, 2021
Posted this in the main thread but I'll copy and paste it here in case you didn't catch it.

How hard would it be to add new layers to a scene? For example, On Ji's ponytail.
That's going to be a major roadblock for me making assets for multiple layer scenes if that's something that can't be done.
on ji - Frame 0.png

Aug 20, 2021
Finally got back into a major grind for the mod, and I have started completely over to begin the ambitious idea of a lewd ATLA retelling. Book 4 will still have Korra content but I haven't even begun to plan that far ahead just yet. One step at a time!

The game now begins where Zuko's first appearance does in the series: on his ship headed for the South Pole in search of the Avatar. It is an exciting prospect, to retell the story in this kind of way. As some have feared, you won't need to have watched the series to enjoy it. I plan to write it in a way that's fun for a general audience as well. Watching the series would more just add to it than anything, because a LOOOOT will change. What fun would it be if I just kept the story as it was? I really want my imagination to run wild with this.

Writing this from scratch... my main idea is to have Katara as the love interest for Book 1 of course, but ALSO I'm considering adding some Yue content as well. The Water Tribe has a lot of potential and I think I can redo it in a really interesting way. I might have my stumbles, but that's why I have you guys. Together, we can find what does and doesn't stick. And we can make this mod the best it can be. 2022-10-10.png 2022-10-10 (1).png 2022-10-10 (2).png 2022-10-10 (3).png

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Finally got back into a major grind for the mod, and I have started completely over to begin the ambitious idea of a lewd ATLA retelling. Book 4 will still have Korra content but I haven't even begun to plan that far ahead just yet. One step at a time!

The game now begins where Zuko's first appearance does in the series: on his ship headed for the South Pole in search of the Avatar. It is an exciting prospect, to retell the story in this kind of way. As some have feared, you won't need to have watched the series to enjoy it. I plan to write it in a way that's fun for a general audience as well. Watching the series would more just add to it than anything, because a LOOOOT will change. What fun would it be if I just kept the story as it was? I really want my imagination to run wild with this.

Writing this from scratch... my main idea is to have Katara as the love interest for Book 1 of course, but ALSO I'm considering adding some Yue content as well. The Water Tribe has a lot of potential and I think I can redo it in a really interesting way. I might have my stumbles, but that's why I have you guys. Together, we can find what does and doesn't stick. And we can make this mod the best it can be. View attachment 2092705 View attachment 2092702 View attachment 2092703 View attachment 2092704
artistic limitations lmaoooo

also do I sense some Aang Netori possibilities
(like Zuko fucking Korra while Aang's silhouette behind a tent, on top of Appa while Aang is steering him, on the beach, the possibilities are endless :devilish:)

I think it can work while not feeling bad so long as Aang doesn't show any feelings for Katara, like how Suki and Opal don't for Sokka and Bolin respectively (tho would not mind a Katara doubleteam with Zuko and Aang, or even better, Zuko and Sokka)

also just a suggestion, but the "..." could maybe be replaced with a (sips) or *sips tea* maybe, or you could add a sipping sound effect, just an idea to add some atmosphere