Mod Ren'Py Onhold Four Elements Trainer - Zuko Mod [v0.1b]

Aug 20, 2021
give me the news
о_Оо_Оо_О
Apologies for a lack of word lately. Real life has its ways of keeping you busy lol.

I’m striving to find a healthy balance between work on the mod and other work (AKA my real job). At the very least, I can confirm that progress is still being made and the project is still very much alive.

Hopefully I can provide more substantial news quite soon.

Uncle Iroh

Jun 15, 2017
Apologies for a lack of word lately. Real life has its ways of keeping you busy lol.

I’m striving to find a healthy balance between work on the mod and other work (AKA my real job). At the very least, I can confirm that progress is still being made and the project is still very much alive.

Hopefully I can provide more substantial news quite soon.
As long as you don't burn yourself out and overwork yourself. Keep up the good work Zuko

Reactions: PussMaster

Boosttowin

Sep 14, 2019
As long as you don't burn yourself out and overwork yourself. Keep up the good work Zuko
I can't be the only one whom finds "Uncle Iroh" giving "Prince Zuko" health advice a little nostalgic. But seriously this tackle this mod with a paced mindset, "burnout" is one of the many reasons so many mods and games on this site now bare the dreaded "Abandoned" tag.

Reactions: Phase_01
Aug 20, 2021
Major news regarding this mod:

Yep, it’s me! And I’m still alive! Unfortunately, my full time job keeps me unbelievably busy, and makes working on this mod all but impossible… Whatever free time I do get is often spent regaining my energy from the grind, only to do it again the next week.

I’m sure a lot of us have been there…

I make no income on this mod for obvious reasons, and this is purely a passion project, so unfortunately… it hasn’t received the attention it’s deserved.

You might be reading this and see this as completely bad news, but well… there is one silver lining… An idea, if you would.

If I started a completely original game of my own, with no one else’s assets and made a Patreon… is that something any of you would support?

I ask this not to beg for money, but to express the harsh truth that… I do have to make a living. And unfortunately, my creative spirit is unable to truly shine because of the bills to pay.

It’s entirely your call obviously if you would support such an ambitious endeavor or not! But I figured if I was gonna completely rewrite this game anyway, why not go completely original with a project?

To give a heads up: I’m leaning towards a 2D Persona 5 parody. It’s surprisingly untreaded ground, which is… very weird.

Anyway! I’m sorry if this update was disappointing at all to you, but I did wanna keep you informed! Let me know what you all think!

• Red Heart
Reactions: TheRealZeroEnergy
Sep 10, 2022

Yep, it’s me! And I’m still alive! Unfortunately, my full time job keeps me unbelievably busy, and makes working on this mod all but impossible… Whatever free time I do get is often spent regaining my energy from the grind, only to do it again the next week.

I make no income on this mod for obvious reasons, and this is purely a passion project, so unfortunately… it hasn’t received the attention it’s deserved.

You might be reading this and see this as completely bad news, but well… there is one silver lining… An idea, if you would.

If I started a completely original game of my own, with no one else’s assets and made a Patreon… is that something any of you would support?

I ask this not to beg for money, but to express the harsh truth that… I do have to make a living. And unfortunately, my creative spirit is unable to truly shine because of the bills to pay.

It’s entirely your call obviously if you would support such an ambitious endeavor or not! But I figured if I was gonna completely rewrite this game anyway, why not go completely original with a project?

To give a heads up: I’m leaning towards a 2D Persona 5 parody. It’s surprisingly untreaded ground, which is… very weird.

Anyway! I’m sorry if this update was disappointing at all to you, but I did wanna keep you informed! Let me know what you all think!
A good persona game would be awesome, we have only "simple" ones here

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019

Rather it be on Subscribestars for the Strength Confidants, eldritch twins.

Aug 20, 2021
Another shower thought I had:

Release an ATLA game demo with Sokka as the MC this time? While using MITY’s art as a temporary placeholder?

There are many ideas I feel could be fun to explore.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Release an ATLA game demo with Sokka as the MC this time? While using MITY’s art as a temporary placeholder?
Personal preference, but incest has been done so many damn times already. I didn't ever feel strongly either way about it, but it's so frequent on this site I'm sick of it.

Also Firenation training Katara was a great scenario that Mitty (and most ATLA stuff in general) failed to explore entirely, so I was excited for this. Hearing you turn away towards more generic themes is a bit of a bummer to me personally.

That all being said, you're the one putting in the work, make what YOU like.

Aug 20, 2021
Personal preference, but incest has been done so many damn times already. I didn't ever feel strongly either way about it, but it's so frequent on this site I'm sick of it.

Also Firenation training Katara was a great scenario that Mitty (and most ATLA stuff in general) failed to explore entirely, so I was excited for this. Hearing you turn away towards more generic themes is a bit of a bummer to me personally.

That all being said, you're the one putting in the work, make what YOU like.
Oh yeah for sure. You really can’t escape incest as far as main themes go on here it seems.

It was more just a thought to see what people thought of it, but I can go either way myself.

I feel this Zuko retelling still has some great potential to be had with it. I already put quite a bit of work into it, so…

Maybe I just need to get something off the ground, and get some momentum going.

Starting a project really is the most difficult part.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
If it's plot stuff you're stuck on, I'd be glad to throw out some ideas/work as a sounding board. Can't help for crap with the coding stuff though. Here are my random thoughts (They're a bit all over the place):

A good place to start would be with what kind of motivation you want for Zuko. Revenge is a possible goal, or maybe Iroh convinces him that Ozai is bad for the Fire Nation in general, and he should be working to undermine his father. Either way, you have a motivation that unlocks him in terms of freedom of movement/action.

Second question: Is Aang in the picture? Did Katara/Sokka find him in the iceburg? If so, I see 2 main options: Either Zuko took Katara as bait, or Katara surrendered herself as a distraction to prevent Aang from being found. Aang could then function as a possible antagonist, or as the macguffin that Zuko has to race Zhao to find. If no Aang, Zuko's gonna need another goal.

Once you've got your basic premise outlined, you go into locations and work out the gameplay loop. Currency/Food/Morale(soldiers) for resource management, upgrades for ship/soldiers, training with Iroh for bending, possible recruitment if you want to get into unit count, etc.

Obviously there's the h-content to factor in. Katara, as well as maybe other girls. I assume you want to use as many of Mitty's drawings as possible to cut down on the workload? I never played 4ET farther than book 2, so I don't know who that best entails.

Honestly the best h-loop I see for this kind of plot is for Katara to see Zuko as the better option over Ozai, because she'd want to help stop the Fire Nation however she could. Generating goodwill from her (Faith, maybe, as the resource name? Faith in Zuko as a better leader) that leads to accepting H-actions. She serves the crew at dinners, heals injuries, etc. Have her sleep in Zuko's room due to the alternative being sleeping around soldiers (bad plan for obvious reasons), work from there.

Skimpier outfits improve Morale, upgrade from serving food to serving drinks, maybe stripping, etc. Need money? Take her to port and have her entertain the locals. Start by selling healing services, etc. Maybe June or the Pirates approach and suggest more interesting ways she could be earning money, etc. Katara could be persuaded via humanitarian missions: Protect/heal/whatever x-groups of refugees, etc. I'm imagining 2 resource requirements for her various actions: Faith in Zuko and Lust.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
If it's plot stuff you're stuck on, I'd be glad to throw out some ideas/work as a sounding board. Can't help for crap with the coding stuff though. Here are my random thoughts (They're a bit all over the place):

A good place to start would be with what kind of motivation you want for Zuko. Revenge is a possible goal, or maybe Iroh convinces him that Ozai is bad for the Fire Nation in general, and he should be working to undermine his father. Either way, you have a motivation that unlocks him in terms of freedom of movement/action.

Second question: Is Aang in the picture? Did Katara/Sokka find him in the iceburg? If so, I see 2 main options: Either Zuko took Katara as bait, or Katara surrendered herself as a distraction to prevent Aang from being found. Aang could then function as a possible antagonist, or as the macguffin that Zuko has to race Zhao to find. If no Aang, Zuko's gonna need another goal.

Once you've got your basic premise outlined, you go into locations and work out the gameplay loop. Currency/Food/Morale(soldiers) for resource management, upgrades for ship/soldiers, training with Iroh for bending, possible recruitment if you want to get into unit count, etc.

Obviously there's the h-content to factor in. Katara, as well as maybe other girls. I assume you want to use as many of Mitty's drawings as possible to cut down on the workload? I never played 4ET farther than book 2, so I don't know who that best entails.

Honestly the best h-loop I see for this kind of plot is for Katara to see Zuko as the better option over Ozai, because she'd want to help stop the Fire Nation however she could. Generating goodwill from her (Faith, maybe, as the resource name? Faith in Zuko as a better leader) that leads to accepting H-actions. She serves the crew at dinners, heals injuries, etc. Have her sleep in Zuko's room due to the alternative being sleeping around soldiers (bad plan for obvious reasons), work from there.

Skimpier outfits improve Morale, upgrade from serving food to serving drinks, maybe stripping, etc. Need money? Take her to port and have her entertain the locals. Start by selling healing services, etc. Maybe June or the Pirates approach and suggest more interesting ways she could be earning money, etc. Katara could be persuaded via humanitarian missions: Protect/heal/whatever x-groups of refugees, etc. I'm imagining 2 resource requirements for her various actions: Faith in Zuko and Lust.
Really solid ideas, actually! No reason it has to stay in the South Pole for the beginning. It could theoretically go anywhere. I like the potential systems that could be put in place.

My biggest roadblock is actually the art itself. I can write when I get going, and I can code in Ren’Py, but ask me to draw something? Lol yeahhhh, I can’t.

It makes it even harder if you wanna utilize a certain character, but they aren’t in FET, so I can’t even use it as a placeholder.

My plan is to go 100% original with the art and everything eventually, making it into its own unique game with no limits!

Of course the hard part is actually finding a willing artist to collaborate with. Users like Oimon and Ponetan have already been an awesome help with future potential assets with their posts on this thread, but I’d absolutely love to take this project a step further, and give it its own identity.

Katara will of course play a major role in the first chapter of the game, because seriously, how could you not?

I’d also love to include characters that didn’t get as much love in FET, if any at all, like Yue or On Ji.

Avatar’s universe is a vast one full of potential. MITY took great advantage of this fact and made one of my favorite H Games out there. Can’t express my praise for FET enough!

However, I think we have a chance here to take the Zuko protagonist concept, and really stretch the concept further. Honestly really hyped to work on the game when real life allows me some free time lol.

pr83

May 5, 2017

I don't think I can be a monetary supporter (hence I'm on FNFzone) so I understand my opinion might be worthless to you but I think the whole reason everyone was so excited was because you were doing it in Mity's style which would've made it a companion piece to FET. I think ppl don't like change when it comes to something they really like and the prospect of a new artists doing the art who they have yet to see ought to warrant skeptical and mixed reactions, especially when Mity's art and animations are already tried and tested. All this being said I think it would be cool if you want to go your own way and I'm sure you will get the backers you need in time if you can show the players a working prototype with stellar writing and a new art style they like. Making your own project opens up a lots of possibilities imo, especially in the art department since you can commission some of the best freelance smut drawlers in the business who also happen to draw ATLA/TLoK stuff on their own i.e or etc.
Well that's my two cents anyway. Hope you get some time for yourself in between your work and your hobby. Best of luck and take care.

• Red Heart

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
I think the whole reason everyone was so excited was because you were doing it in Mity's style which would've made it a companion piece to FET. I think ppl don't like change when it comes to something they really like and the prospect of a new artists doing the art who they have yet to see ought to warrant skeptical and mixed reactions, especially when Mity's art and animations are already tried and tested.
Honestly I always found Mitty's art to be entirely ok. It does the job and doesn't look terrible, but in terms of ATLA art it doesn't quite reach the level with say Anaxus or MrPotatoParty.

Aug 20, 2021
I don't think I can be a monetary supporter (hence I'm on FNFzone) so I understand my opinion might be worthless to you but I think the whole reason everyone was so excited was because you were doing it in Mity's style which would've made it a companion piece to FET. I think ppl don't like change when it comes to something they really like and the prospect of a new artists doing the art who they have yet to see ought to warrant skeptical and mixed reactions, especially when Mity's art and animations are already tried and tested. All this being said I think it would be cool if you want to go your own way and I'm sure you will get the backers you need in time if you can show the players a working prototype with stellar writing and a new art style they like. Making your own project opens up a lots of possibilities imo, especially in the art department since you can commission some of the best freelance smut drawlers in the business who also happen to draw ATLA/TLoK stuff on their own i.e or etc.
Well that's my two cents anyway. Hope you get some time for yourself in between your work and your hobby. Best of luck and take care.
That's definitely the plan, is to take inspiration from MITY's style in my writing. You're definitely right about the fact that I need a functional prototype/demo to fully show what I'm aiming for, so I believe that's what I'll attempt to do for this Zuko concept. It may take longer than I'd like due to having to work my current job, but I'm confident that I can make the first true release something to be proud of.

For now, all I can do is utilize the amazing assets from FET and see what I can do. I do have genuine fun working on it, and have so many ideas. Time management can just be a bitch to work around at times. XD

• Red Heart
Reactions: pr83

pr83

May 5, 2017
Honestly I always found Mitty's art to be entirely ok. It does the job and doesn't look terrible, but in terms of ATLA art it doesn't quite reach the level with say Anaxus or MrPotatoParty.
How come I didn't think of that! Anaxus is actually a pretty good choice as a compromise between Mity and some of the costlier artists like MrPotatoParty. Mity is still good tho especially because it's decent looking while not super detailed, the characters look recognizable while still having the artist's own style. This is the reason I assume there are so many proper animations in game even tho they are low on frames, it's just easier to create in bulk. Anaxus' on the other hand looks traced from irl pictures and videos (not a condemnation) and looks simpler like Mity's while having a bit more detail and the characters looking mature.
I mentioned MrPotatoParty because ideally I'd like to see a VN/game done with his art but I also acknowledge that it might cost and arm and a leg to commission him since he is so popular. With a tight budget it would be hard to have his full attention let alone animations since he is making his own VN now with his OCs.