Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Did that stupid bug get fixed in this update?
Guess i will just wait for the audio errors to be fixed, got to a part where I can't continue.
Ohh Kagura announced they will translate this too, the translation still got many bug, i'll waiting for Kagura version since they already announced it.
Have you updated to the latest patch (1.0c)? Can you specify where you are encountering bugs?

May 28, 2019
I know for a fact they bought at least 1 fan translation and hired the translator of that game. On one hand at least they translate some games, on the other though, they censor & Americanise a lot of dialogue. Generally I prefer the fan translations since they tend to be more on point, and easily understandable, with little to no Americanisms. Having said that, maybe it's just me who tends to get slightly bothered by such things. Regardless, it doesn't look very good on them, considering bolt just finished the fan translation.
This is fair. I do agree some of their translation are not consistent and quality varies from each translator. Unfortunately that's how it is for any pro translation AND fan translators; the later especially plagued with a lot of rewriting and MTL but do occasionally see some very great TL.

Either I'm crazy or what I thought has been happening for the longest time is true. It can't be coincidence that the moment this is posted kagura games post an announcement( ) saying they are translating this.

I always said that they only "Translate" shit that already has fans translations. So either this is a leak of their translation(Doubt) or they are blatantly stealing others translations and using them for profit
Riiiight... I'm usually not one of the people who believe that Kagura is playing dirty by stealing other people's translations, but this is way too big of a coincidence to just ignore. I'll check the game once they release it, I might have to reevaluate my support for them...

EDIT: I read one of the posts above giving some more info. If Kagura do contact Bolt to negotiate terms I'd be freaking ecstatic. I really don't want to have to hate them for using scummy practices, they have brought great games to the West, most of which had no translation whatsoever. If they do steal Bolt's hard work, however...well, I'll probably write a post containing quite a few expletives...
Coincidence do happen, and if you actually know Kagura, them announcing it now can either mean the game is released tomorrow or 5 years later.

Kagura HAVE to contact any devs they localize the games with. Feel free to "alert" the devs if you believe they don't know, but I can 100% assure you either Bolt or Kagura initiated the deal, and both parties know what happen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
As for The Evilslayer Maiden, I do not know the inside of this game nor play it yet. But one thing I notice is you do not link any of the fan translator's comments on KG release. Don't just claim vague stuff like "i am pretty they didnt ask permission to nab that fantl" because you don't have either side's POV of the situation. Contact either the fan translator or KG, and let the situation come to light like the Girl in the Red Slave Collar thread. For all we know, the translators sold the translation to KG or even work there now.
Unfortunally i did contact the fan translator for The Evilslayer Maiden since hes actually a very close friend of mine IRL.
After KG released their translation of it and i went and checked them side by side i talked to him and he indeed confirmed it was his translation and that noone contacted him about it.

It is true theres "no posts from the fantranslator" in the thread and i know the reason why he refuses to go back to ulmf at all.
So the only proof is my own word, u are free to believe it or not.

Also "villainize KG" are very strong words, Im just calling spades spades.

But if you think KG does everything prim and proper you are very wrong. I do not know if you are aware of the fan translator NorzZ?

Many of the old ulmf dwellers know him for sure.
His story goes like this:

Back when fan translators were many and there existed a unnoficial ulmf discord where they talked, he did his fan translations for many games, Slave's Sword being one of them.

KG being the "shinning example" that they are talked to him and offered to buy his translation for "peanuts".He refused.
Why would you ask? Because he didnt feel like his translation was top quality. But guess what KG went and did?
They harrassed him everyday with DMCAs and shutdown to his patreon page despise him explaining them the reason why he did sell or gave them the translation.

1614200433277.png

Funny enough some people in the discord server still remenber what happened.
In the end he got fed up and sadly removed all of his translations from ulmf.

Im sure you know the person in that screenshot so you can ask him yourself if what i said was true or not KN.

A tiger cannot change its stripes after all.
For those who believe KG does everythign legally i would call them delusional, then again i would call the people who say they steal every single translation delusional as well :ROFLMAO:.

ZLeonZ

Jun 16, 2017
Have you updated to the latest patch (1.0c)? Can you specify where you are encountering bugs?
Yes i have the 1.0c patch, one audio error is audio/003/0312 that happens in Orangeet when you choose the lewd option for the factory boss, at the end of that scene the error happens and the other is the audio/-1/0121, in Genovese after you get the key of the warehouse and go to the inn to share the room with Lisa, when the scene end you get the error.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Yes i have the 1.0c patch, one audio error is audio/003/0312 that happens in Orangeet when you choose the lewd option for the factory boss, at the end of that scene the error happens and the other is the audio/-1/0121, in Genovese after you get the key of the warehouse and go to the inn to share the room with Lisa, when the scene end you get the error.
Please provide a save so I can test this.

May 28, 2019

As of now, your comment only cement the idea they used to be pretty shitty in their foundation year (2018), which I already know. They are no saints and I agree. But since then KG has released quite a decent amount of great games, and as a random on the internet you need to prove against that if you believe they have ill-will.

Last edited:

AgriasQuarto

Nov 22, 2018
Everyone is asking if ntr is avoidable to gauge if they want to play the game, but nobody is asking if the corophagia is avoidable before they start drinking mushroom piss without being asked for their consent.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
But as of now, your comment does cement the idea they used to be pretty shitty in their foundation year (2018), which I already know. They are no saints and I agree. But since then they have released quite a decent amount of great games, as a random on the internet you should prove against that if you believe they're ill-will.
Did i say they didnt release quite a decent amount of games? You must be confusing me with the dudes that were saying that KG instant stole the retranslation of this game.

And i could say the same about you. As a random on the internet you should give some proof that they are currently free of suspicion. Proof from recent years that is.
After all you have yet to show me anything that shows that they are currently prim and proper.

So i hope you see how it is.
While i have at least the knowlege from KG from way back when they were just a bunch of fan translators with a patreon page (way before they foundation year), you dont really have anything other than the argument that they "released quite a decent amount of great games" which isnt really a argument that says they dont do shady stuff anymore.

I could just brush u off as some hardcore KG fan that never played any hgame outside their releases or one of their employees that come to the threads of future KG releases from time to time to trash the fantls.

My biggest issue with KG anway is the fact that they cant release a single game without bugs or random crashes anymore (leaving some of them bugged and forgotten forever until someone from this forum decides to fix them themselves).
That and the fact that they have over 30 announced games with some being on the back burned for 2+ years and dont give any explanation why.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019

Until then, let's not derail this thread. Feel free to ping me in a normal thread, we can talk there all day about Kagura. I am also not any secret agent as much as I wish to. I like good fan TL with proper standards, just as much as I like good official localizations that have standards. If someone were to shit on a fan translator that I didn't see doing anything wrong, I will go just as far to say what is needed to say.

Last edited:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Damn now that the game have good translation i feel like i should play it properly. But then playing a bit also made me realize how horrible the story is. It is like netorase as the MC needs to send the girls to whore themselves but then not really because he doesn't want to have them raped during gor. The gameplay is so boring rpg stuff without any innovation and wtf those enemies are using sperm as bullets, covered in cum every turn??
Reviews confirm my impressions, quite sad the art looks good :(

What is worse now Kagura is picking up the game. WHAAAAAT?
You fu-s have enough ntr games in backlog don't you even dare to release this trash before them.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Here, the file1 is before the error audio/003/0312, pick the lewd option and the file2 is the error audio/-1/0121 talk to the receptionist of the inn.
I have tested your saves on the latest version 1.0c and had no issues what so ever. this tells me the problem is isolated to your setup. I suggest ensuring you are using a locale emulator or better yet change your locale settings on your computer to have japanese as a alternative locale. A quick search of google can help you in doing that.

If that fails to work, try moving your game to your C:/ drive if it isn't already on the C:/ and test again. If that does nothing, then I would say try redownloading the game image fresh from the links in the OP and attempt to test again with your saves.

I just updated the OP with the latest version (and the same version I tested on.) You can always redownload that copy and see if that works.

Also on a side note Bolt237

Fixed a small error with a missed \ on one of Lisa's text lines in map 104. Feel free to apply this file to your next patch

Last edited:
Reactions: ZLeonZ
3.30 star(s) 40 Votes