ThatBoy

Sep 8, 2018
if your stuck where i think you are... you need to go to the door of his house (1st house directly north of the mushroom shop) then go to where you sign up for the deliheal. this is all done during day time.
No I'm passed that, it's the next mission that the game don't allow me to do. After defeating Pietro and the lizard guy I need to find someone else to speak to. When I check the hint it tells me to speak to the news reporter and the girl in front of Pietro's house, which I already did...

Last edited:

quackk

Jan 3, 2021
everyone is talking about kagura stealing the translation, and so what? what the heck can the original translator bolt do about it? he doesn't have a license to the game or his "work".
Translators do have copyright on their work, even if they don't have any right to the source material.
You don't care about those right? Suit yourself, but don't twist reality to justify your position

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Translators do have copyright on their work, even if they don't have any right to the source material.
You don't care about those right? Suit yourself, but don't twist reality to justify your position
Actually, they don't. Fan translators have no intellectual rights to their translations unless they have permission from the original owner of the IP to make said translation. Even then YOU don't own the translation the original author still does because it is their intellectual property. They just provided you permission to translate and presumably allow you to get paid for the work with the caveat you give them a cut of some sort. If an original author wanted to stop you from making your fan translation they can legally sue you to stop as the IP owner. It has happened in the past and will continue to happen. Also if they wanted to steal your work they are legally entitled to do so because you do not own anything of the code and your work is technically under the law, theirs. So no, there is nothing you can do to stop anyone from stealing your fan translation because You don't own it.

Only copyright holders have the sole permission to translate their works or to have someone translate their works. It is technically illegal to translate a game without the permission of the original author. Ironically enough for a fan translation to actually BE legal it has to differ creatively from the original works enough to be consider a unique work itself. So by that definition MTLs are "legal" because they creatively differ enough from the original work to stand on their own two feet (joking of course, no they don't) :LUL:

Last edited:

odnjerver

Feb 28, 2021
No I'm passed that, it's the next mission that the game don't allow me to do. After defeating Pietro and the lizard guy I need to find someone else to speak to. When I check the hint it tells me to speak to the news reporter and the girl in front of Pietro's house, wiche I already did...
yea I had the same problem, is there anyway of fixing it?

Reactions: ThatBoy and isfvisv

quackk

Jan 3, 2021
Also if they wanted to steal your work they are legally entitled to do so because you do not own anything of the code and your work is technically under the law, theirs.
The original is theirs, the translation is a derivative. Since it wasn't commissioned it's not a work for hire, so the original holder has no right to it.
Granted, I'm no copyright lawyer and goooooogle is not that helpful (half the results are google translate, the other half are legal ways to do this or if it's legal to translate stuff without permission >_>), but wouldn't it be akin to theft if the original owner took the work the translator put in without remunerating it?
To be clear I'm not saying that the translator has a right to disseminate the work, just that without their permission no one else can use it (which means that without a compromise no one can use the translation)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The original is theirs, the translation is a derivative. Since it wasn't commissioned it's not a work for hire, so the original holder has no right to it.
Granted, I'm no copyright lawyer and goooooogle is not that helpful (half the results are google translate, the other half are legal ways to do this or if it's legal to translate stuff without permission >_>), but wouldn't it be akin to theft if the original owner took the work the translator put in without remunerating it?
To be clear I'm not saying that the translator has a right to disseminate the work, just that without their permission no one else can use it (which means that without a compromise no one can use the translation)
Using US and Japanese copyright laws as a reference, derivative works do infringe on the original authors rights under US copyright law. Meaning in the US as an example, a Fan translation is in essence illegal unless sanctioned by the creator.

Now more relevant to this case would be Japanese copyright laws. The original author is granted several rights. Broken down into Moral rights and Economic rights. Economic rights are more important here, specifically the "Economic right of adaption" which states as follows roughly translated from Japanese to english " The author can control the adaption of a work through translation, dramatization, cinematization, and the creation of derivative works in general."

Long story short fan translators do not own the translation unless sanctioned as per japanese law the developer of a game controls the right to translate said game. Yes, laws will vary from country to country however I would imagine most countries are going to side with the developer if it went to court.

I will add that most fan translations do not illicit a need for the developer to waste time going after them, but talking legal terms exclusively the law is pretty clear fan translators do not own intellectual rights to game translations unless sanctioned by the original creator.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth
D

Deleted member 3432004

If only the MC's dick was smaller like in the devs other games, I think it would have made the game hotter. I would have been defending this man in court if that was the case.

berado

Jan 5, 2020
Weird. When you go to the factory to crush the rebellion of workers, action of picking the second option before fighting the boss (to give the dude a blowjob) is actually boosting Serena's affection instead of subtracting from it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: James Eveleth

quackk

Jan 3, 2021
Using US and Japanese copyright laws as a reference, derivative works do infringe on the original authors rights under US copyright law. Meaning in the US as an example, a Fan translation is in essence illegal unless sanctioned by the creator.

Now more relevant to this case would be Japanese copyright laws. The original author is granted several rights. Broken down into Moral rights and Economic rights. Economic rights are more important here, specifically the "Economic right of adaption" which states as follows roughly translated from Japanese to english " The author can control the adaption of a work through translation, dramatization, cinematization, and the creation of derivative works in general."

Long story short fan translators do not own the translation unless sanctioned as per japanese law the developer of a game controls the right to translate said game. Yes, laws will vary from country to country however I would imagine most countries are going to side with the developer if it went to court.

I will add that most fan translations do not illicit a need for the developer to waste time going after them, but talking legal terms exclusively the law is pretty clear fan translators do not own intellectual rights to game translations unless sanctioned by the original creator.
My point wasn't that unsanctioned translations were not infringing and that the translator could monetize them legally, it was that the original author has no rights to use those unless they pay for them.
Having the right to decide who translate what where doesn't mean that you can yoink stuff from others without paying

redplauge

Feb 20, 2018
No I'm passed that, it's the next mission that the game don't allow me to do. After defeating Pietro and the lizard guy I need to find someone else to speak to. When I check the hint it tells me to speak to the news reporter and the girl in front of Pietro's house, which I already did...
okay then did you go into the publisher after talking to ms aisa? the publisher then sends you after the guys you fought earlier, only they are in the woods past the mushroom village. there's a place with a long staircase with a poison mushroom that wants you to eat it. eat it, heal up and go north to fight the lupo mafia.

if you did all of that then you rest in the inn and there's a bit where you have to run away from the azzero girl in the cafe (one where lisa can work at) after that you go south to the road to go get a car to take you to the capital.

Reactions: ThatBoy and isfvisv

ThatBoy

Sep 8, 2018
okay then did you go into the publisher after talking to ms aisa? the publisher then sends you after the guys you fought earlier, only they are in the woods past the mushroom village. there's a place with a long staircase with a poison mushroom that wants you to eat it. eat it, heal up and go north to fight the lupo mafia.

if you did all of that then you rest in the inn and there's a bit where you have to run away from the azzero girl in the cafe (one where lisa can work at) after that you go south to the road to go get a car to take you to the capital.
Thank you dude ! That part wasn't very intuitive

redplauge

Feb 20, 2018
glad i could help.
to be fair mine was the opposite i thought to go talk to the guy you needed to do the normal deliheal instead of walking in during the day.

Jul 11, 2018
I'm doing the Perverted Cape quest in Monicabel, and I apparently need to find Julia. I know she's in pretty much every brothel, but those are just lewd scenes, and don't appear to be tied to any quests.

How should I progress?

redplauge

Feb 20, 2018
Can someone explain to me what does the stats in lewd glasses do pls ?
they dont mean much. the left side is how much lewd stuff is done to them... the picture will only show with clothes and when lewd hits a certain point, undies. does not appear to go nude. mouth, breasts, pussy; just how much use they have. but theres not much that actually changes from what I've seen. and once lewd and affection reach 100... it dont mean much after.
but then you get situations where the girls have a lewd of 500+ standing necked, prego and saying theyre anti-lecherism. kinda funny imo. that said the only 2 stats that really mean anything are lewd and affection. ~35-40 is about where you can take all the clothes off and do all the lewd you want to them.

3.30 star(s) 40 Votes