mmd123

May 9, 2020
There are no 'L's in the japanese alphabet. Surely you've seen memes of Japanese people misprounouncing Ls in words? When writing out English or other foreign language names, kana like レ are used for both the letters/sounds 'Re' and 'Le' so translations can be inconsistent if the translator isn't sure what the original author was going for
huh...learned something new today. I would like to say I knew this, but honestly can't say I knew this, so that would explain a bit in all honesty.

in any case, I am greatly enjoying the game ^^ flaws and all, good game so far.

also, just to clarify, I may attempt humor when posting the images, but the actual goal I have, though I think my failed humor attempts hide this, is to TRY being helpful by pointing out inconsistencies I find, normally end up doing so on discord given theres so few times I do this and I just share direct with the developers of the few games I do this for, so, bad jokes aside on my part, might potentially post more images if I find any.

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
huh...learned something new today. I would like to say I knew this, but honestly can't say I knew this, so that would explain a bit in all honesty.

in any case, I am greatly enjoying the game ^^ flaws and all, good game so far.

also, just to clarify, I may attempt humor when posting the images, but the actual goal I have, though I think my failed humor attempts hide this, is to TRY being helpful by pointing out inconsistencies I find, normally end up doing so on discord given theres so few times I do this and I just share direct with the developers of the few games I do this for, so, bad jokes aside on my part, might potentially post more images if I find any.
No worries mate, while as I said it can be tricky translating r's and l's you do need to stick to one, so if you find the translators mixing in both it's definitely useful to point out. And 'Selan' is definitely a typo. Not sure if the translator is still checking this thread though

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
I do but it's unlikely I will be making any new patches. Thanks for catching the textbox error.

To add to this, the text on the top part of the profile is actually part of the image and can't be easily edited. As in, the original developer translated her name as "Serena." I kept it as Selena for consistency from the previous "translation."

Reactions: mmd123 and flobadog

mmd123

May 9, 2020
I do but it's unlikely I will be making any new patches. Thanks for catching the textbox error.

To add to this, the text on the top part of the profile is actually part of the image and can't be easily edited. As in, the original developer translated her name as "Serena." I kept it as Selena for consistency from the previous "translation."
good to know, so let me ask this then, is there any real point to me or anyone else posting more screenshots of inconsistencies then?

EDIT: to add to this, I had a realization just now, given I have never done so to date, I'm left wondering, how difficult would it be to make a patch for things like that? I mean, obviously you'd need (I think at least) your own full copy of the specific rpg maker version a game is made in, but even if someone owned that, how would one even go about possibly making a patch themselves if they have never done something like that?

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
If you wanted to make your own patches, it is possible. I won't get into it here, there are probably other places you can find out how, but you'd need a copy of the right RPGMaker and an unencrypted copy of the game (the one in the thread is already unencrypted). Using RPGMaker itself is a bit clunky but not too complicated.

I could fix up errors but I'm not sure it'll be worth it since my guess is that the majority of the people who want to play have already played it, and outside of actual game bugs, they don't really affect the experience that much. Maybe if there's a lot of errors. There probably are, it's a big script after all.

Reactions: mmd123

Jezabelstein

Apr 22, 2020
Ok so I got a mail from kagura games that this game is avaiable (fox girl never play dirty)
I think it's a better translation ? Not free tho.

3.30 star(s) 40 Votes