Zaiketsu

Apr 22, 2017
Abadoned? Oh shit. I really liked this game. It gives you so much power. FUck fuck fuckity FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
It's abandoned by the original dev but some people on 8chan are working on it some more, trying to put every single fetish into it (except furry, because they start foaming at the mouth and having fits if anyone mentions furry stuff)

Just don't mention adding anything furry to it, they're a bit touchy on that subject to the point that one anon recently parodied Goebbels in a four post tirade against that content specifically.
Hm. I wonder what those people think about the side project furry mod that you also mentioned. I wonder if they're going to go so far as to try and sabotage it, somehow. (You know crazy people like that, they never like to just leave things alone, and let people be)

Reactions: alex2011

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
It's abandoned by the original dev but some people on 8chan are working on it some more, trying to put every single fetish into it (except furry, because they start foaming at the mouth and having fits if anyone mentions furry stuff)

Hm. I wonder what those people think about the side project furry mod that you also mentioned. I wonder if they're going to go so far as to try and sabotage it, somehow. (You know crazy people like that, they never like to just leave things alone, and let people be)
Do you mean 8chan.net/hgg ? I saw some posts about Free Cities on it and I was thinking it was just some add on mods. But then I looked closer and found that they are actually trying to continue working on it. That's awesome!!!!

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Do you mean 8chan.net/hgg ? I saw some posts about Free Cities on it and I was thinking it was just some add on mods. But then I looked closer and found that they are actually trying to continue working on it. That's awesome!!!!
That's exactly what's going on over there. They took a couple of add on mods and basically ran with it and it has since become the active development center for all content in the game since FCDev left. I've even written a few events myself, though only two are actively in the game due to the others being WIP until I can find time to get back into them. They seem pretty open about people adding stuff as long as it doesn't involve certain things.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

The reason its in a separate thread is because they wanted nothing to do with furry content. They also specifically added a warning to the OP about the pregmod thread being for non-furry discussion specifically. Furrymod is very quiet, I've been monitoring that thread ever since they got banished to being a separate one. I'm not even sure its active anymore and, even if it is, they have A LOT of catching up to do because the last time they updated compatibility of Furrymod content was something like three major pregmod updates ago.

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
The reason its in a separate thread is because they wanted nothing to do with furry content. They also specifically added a warning to the OP about the pregmod thread being for non-furry discussion specifically. Furrymod is very quiet, I've been monitoring that thread ever since they got banished to being a separate one. I'm not even sure its active anymore and, even if it is, they have A LOT of catching up to do because the last time they updated compatibility of Furrymod content was something like three major pregmod updates ago.
Was there some fight involving furry lovers. Is that why they avoid the subject more than Ebola?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Was there some fight involving furry lovers. Is that why they avoid the subject more than Ebola?
There was a BIG one and it happened multiple times over the last year. It cost half the thread for something like three threads straight, maybe four, and it got incredibly annoying. I found myself getting caught in the crossfire as I support any and all types of content equally because it means more content in general. You had some who wanted the full fur experience, but they weren't nearly as vocal as the ones that just wanted ears and tail, which they rightfully claimed wasn't technically furry. The pregmod devs said they would allow ears and tail only and only as accessories, nothing real. The ears and tail people didn't want that, so they got told to fork the git and do it themselves. They didn't want to put in the work, so they got kicked to their own thread and have since done what they wanted in a separate fork as originally mentioned before they were kicked.

Reactions: UserX

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
The pregmod devs said they would allow ears and tail only and only as accessories, nothing real.
Was there a technical reason, or was it just out of spite for furry?
(Furry isn't my cup of tea. As neither is traps, on the other hand. But I admit they someway fit decently in the context. And genetic modification to get furry, in a lewd twist of the island of doctor moreau trope, might fit as well.)

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
There was a BIG one and it happened multiple times over the last year. It cost half the thread for something like three threads straight, maybe four, and it got incredibly annoying. I found myself getting caught in the crossfire as I support any and all types of content equally because it means more content in general. You had some who wanted the full fur experience, but they weren't nearly as vocal as the ones that just wanted ears and tail, which they rightfully claimed wasn't technically furry. The pregmod devs said they would allow ears and tail only and only as accessories, nothing real. The ears and tail people didn't want that, so they got told to fork the git and do it themselves. They didn't want to put in the work, so they got kicked to their own thread and have since done what they wanted in a separate fork as originally mentioned before they were kicked.
Wow!!! The furry community kinda sound more like a cult. Well, I guess extremism can exist anywhere and in different forms.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Was there a technical reason, or was it just out of spite for furry?
(Furry isn't my cup of tea. As neither is traps, on the other hand. But I admit they someway fit decently in the context. And genetic modification to get furry, in a lewd twist of the island of doctor moreau trope, might fit as well.)
Their reasoning is it would attract the full furry crowd and said crowd would make unending demands until the game finally dies or gets turned into another Corruption of Champions or Lilith's Throne, where furry content reigns supreme.

Wow!!! The furry community kinda sound more like a cult. Well, I guess extremism can exist anywhere and in different forms.
They can be on the extreme side, but these ones were just being unnecessarily stubborn about not forking.

Reactions: UserX

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Looks like 8chan's boys are onto me again and they've narrowed it down to me being a contributor, though it kinda helps that I believe I've outright admitted to being one several times on here. To Pregmod and the others at 8chan: I'm not trying to direct them to you, I'm simply pointing out that the game is still alive. Notice how I haven't posted a single link to the thread or the git, the last one posted was before I made the comments you screen capped. I would post a link to the game's MEGA to keep them out of your hair, but certain content in game isn't allowed here.

Zaiketsu

Apr 22, 2017

Woah wait a second what??? Furries aren't a cult, lmfao

You wanna talk about groups that seem like cults, how about the people who wish it's be legal to murder furries just for being furries? alex2011, some pages back, posted a screenshot of an 8channer posting a transcript of a speech by Joseph Gobbels, and editing it to be about furries instead.

That's a cult.

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Woah wait a second what??? Furries aren't a cult, lmfao

You wanna talk about groups that seem like cults, how about the people who wish it's be legal to murder furries just for being furries? alex2011, some pages back, posted a screenshot of an 8channer posting a transcript of a speech by Joseph Gobbels, and editing it to be about furries instead.

That's a cult.
There can be cults everywhere. Remember the Snape wives? Besides, I didn't say the furries are cultists or there are furry cultists. Don't get triggered.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
I installed the latest version of Pregmod, but some new outfits don't show at all when you use vector graphics. Does anyone know if that is a bug or they just didn't add graphics yet.
Thanks in advance.

Cybuster

Sep 28, 2017
Can anyone explain the 8ch pregmods difference?

Pregmod: Nukes
Pregmod: attack helicopters
Pregmod: Daijobu? Oppaimomu? Edition
Pregmod: Serafuku Edition

What's the difference between all of these?

Orthenos

Aug 1, 2017

Old threads. Nukes is the newest thread and the only one that matters until another is made.

Reactions: Cybuster

Dolu31

Oct 1, 2018
Technical problem
I used to play FC. Liked the game. Put my saved games on disk. Then I downloaded the pregmod thinggie. Doesn't work. So I deleted it. Can't play FC now. I kept my saves, delete and dl it. Still doesn't work. Any clue?
Thanks

Cookiebear83

Jun 29, 2017

Those are just the names of the threads... Has nothing to do with the game itself.

Reactions: Cybuster

Hungaz2

Nov 2, 2018
Guys, this long running game has a lot of mods. Should I simply go to the base site and download the game from the original creator as he has already integrated a lot of features from these mods? Or are some mods so good they have to be played rather than the "vanilla" version?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Technical problem
I used to play FC. Liked the game. Put my saved games on disk. Then I downloaded the pregmod thinggie. Doesn't work. So I deleted it. Can't play FC now. I kept my saves, delete and dl it. Still doesn't work. Any clue?
Thanks
Its been changed so much that base game saves are incompatible. You'll have to start a new game.

Reactions: Verdux_Xudrev
4.40 star(s) 22 Votes