Jan 18, 2021
To give you an idea of how much the game has been improved during the last five years, the old version 0.10.7.1 that is still linked in the OP was a single 13 MB HTML file.

In the current version of the game (pregmod 4.0.0 alpha 25), that HTML file is more than five times larger, at 69 MB. And if your PC is powerful enough, you can also download the WebGL art pack that gives you interactive animated 3D avatars instead of the old 2D vector art.

Also, contrary to Free Cities: Origins that is currently "on hold" and that has not received any significant updates since July last year, Free Cities (pregmod) gets several code updates per week and a new alpha release every second month. F95 does not allow links to the current version of Free Cities because some of its content is forbidden here, but it should be easy for you to find it if you search a bit.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
To give you an idea of how much the game has been improved during the last five years, the old version 0.10.7.1 that is still linked in the OP was a single 13 MB HTML file.
Those were the old days.

In the current version of the game (pregmod 4.0.0 alpha 25), that HTML file is more than five times larger, at 69 MB. And if your PC is powerful enough, you can also download the WebGL art pack that gives you interactive animated 3D avatars instead of the old 2D vector art.
heh heh.

I think you need a 4GB dedicated graphics card for that.

That's why I'm hoping someone completes the revamped vector art, which looks nicer than the original vector art.

Also, contrary to Free Cities: Origins that is currently "on hold" and that has not received any significant updates since July last year, Free Cities (pregmod) gets several code updates per week and a new alpha release every second month. F95 does not allow links to the current version of Free Cities because some of its content is forbidden here, but it should be easy for you to find it if you search a bit.
There's typically a big update every month, excluding Christmas and New Years and other major holidays.

And fixes for bugs and small additional features appear daily.

It's gotten to the point where I deliberately wait for a major update before downloading and compiling the new version, unless its a gamebreaking issue.

Reactions: Clutchfrog
Jan 18, 2021
I think you need a 4GB dedicated graphics card for that.

That's why I'm hoping someone completes the revamped vector art, which looks nicer than the original vector art.
The WebGL art works fine for me and I like it much better than the old or new vector art. I am running Free Cities with WebGL on a laptop with an 11th gen Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz and an Intel Iris Xe graphics chip. It has only 128 MB of VRAM but it shares 16 GB of RAM. I play on an external monitor with a display resolution of 3840x2160, in case that matters.

It's gotten to the point where I deliberately wait for a major update before downloading and compiling the new version, unless its a gamebreaking issue.
I am pulling directly from git and recompiling several times per week, but I do not have the time to play every version that I build. I guess that I could pull less frequently, but this became a habit now...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr.Win

chwant

Mar 25, 2017
It was quite playable when official development ended. It's even better now with the mod community updating it on a roughly monthly basis.
What is this mod community that people mention all the time? All I see on the wiki is PregMod. Are there any more mods?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Does someone know how to fix the storage error while saving?
Basically the total size of your saves cannot exceed 5MB. This quota can be increased on Firefox, while it is hardcoded on Chromium-based browsers (unless some vendors have recently introduced a way to manage it?).

From the main page:
Your saves stored inside the browser are getting too large. There are multiple ways to solve this:
  1. Delete saves stored in the browser. If you want to keep them, save them to disk first.
  2. Disable autosave and delete the current one. Due to technical reasons autosaves are larger than normal saves, so this may help more than expected.
  3. If on Firefox, raise the storage limit: type about:config in the address bar and search for dom.storage.default_quota. Increase this value as needed. Default value is 5120 kilobytes (= 5 MB).
  4. Switch to a different browser. Recommended is either Firefox or FCHost (ND: link removed), a custom HTML renderer specifically for Pregmod.
  5. If you absolutely need to use Google Chrome:
    1. download and unzip for your operative system
    2. copy the game file (FC_pregmod.html) into the nwjs-sdk-v0.XX.Y-YOUR_OS folder
    3. in the same folder, create a text file with the following content:
      Code:
      {
      "name": "Free Cities pregmod edition",
      "main": "FC_pregmod.html",
      "dom_storage_quota":30
      }
      and save it as package.json. In this example, 30 is the limit (in MB) that is set for the storage quota, but you can replace it with any number. Google Chrome has the same default value as Firefox.
    4. Double click nw.exe to launch the game.
These solutions are also valid for Free Cities vanilla edition (and, more generally, for all Twine games).

codefost

Jul 23, 2021
Can anyone dm pregmod dev to add background detail for our mc?
I mean select job and method doesn't suit well with family member.
It will at least add flavor for us to play with whike waiting big update.

Christ P Bacon

Jul 4, 2018
i heard from reddit (or github) that pc customization are still work in progress as of now

Reactions: PsyTurtle

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
PC customization is being worked on as we type.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
I don't understand what you're looking for here. Can you give some example?

90t3DXtm3p

Jun 18, 2018
does anyone have a decent rule list? mine went to shit and decided to start from scratch

Last edited:

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Oh wow, even just a few basic ones are a huge chunk of text, anyone have suggestions for the best way to save / share them?

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes