88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
^
That was my thought too. Just develop the Co-Lead game as it's own thing. Obviously easier said than done. If adding a Male MC to the Dev's already established title makes him more money then I understand, I definitely don't want to be the person to take food off anyone's plate. But making into it's own thing is a good compromise (From my Point of view maybe not the Dev's) so at least people will know what they're getting into and they'll be more open to a Male presence and thus other things that come with that(Swinging, NTR, etc). As opposed to people totally writing it off just because Yoon isn't the sole focus.
I prefer more Yoon as MC and wished to se more about her from her perspective, I wished and hoped to see where the things ganna lead and end how she will growth with all expierence she goes trought from he begining. but see that she no longer MC I just sad.

Chngin it in Grace I will gladly play if there Yoon can be continue to be MC as we know. I could be good 2 female protagonist. These team up to make lot of chily and funny sstoryline. But too bad Yoon is no longer MC.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
interesting game of fem mc, lots of choices which unlock or give something. mc looks quite young although.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Hopefully without having to start from the beginning.
I doubt that will be the some, since there will be lot of chengs into first chapers and ther will be lot of new variables. the restart is the obliged one in this case. So new game (start over) mean avoid bugs and erros they may occur in olds saves.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
Okay, this game will not replace Free Pass!
The title of this game will be "Naughty Forties." I've determined to relaunch the Free Pass in the approach that you all want it to be: with Yoon and an original eastern Asian female vibe.
I'm not sure that I've understand.
You will start this Naughty Forties that you're talking since the previous announcement.

And the you will also continu to work on Free Pass ?

I have played hundreds of games here and Yoon is probably one of the most unique character I've seen. Some girls are like her in term of personnality, but are not asian and not an MC. So I'm glad if there is something else with her because as a lot of people I think Free Pass was played for Yoon before the story and any other character.

But now.. you'll make two games (and wow it would be a lot of works), or "NF" will be the only one but not with the same name.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Really confusing dev communication. Seems like they don't truly know what they want to do.

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
g.png

So I've been wondering about this specific preview screenshot. Is the girl here any major/minor character in the story or is she literally just a cameo/random? Ty, currently just searching some good old fashioned IR

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Really confusing dev communication. Seems like they don't truly know what they want to do.
I may be mistaken, but I think that at first After Choices wanted to stop Free Pass with Yoon, and reboot it with a new MC.
But, as lot of people complain about the disappearance of Yoon as the MC, he has reconsidered is decision.

So he will do a reboot of Free Pass, with Yoon as the MC. It seems he want to cut some NPC. I suppose (and really hope) he will keep the main NPCs - Jasmine, Sukkhon, Zoe, Michelle. And some male NPCs, but I really don't care about them (expect Liam because I beleive the game need a sweet male character, and Joseph and Daniel so we still have some NPCs to hate/despise :)).

And he will start a new game Naughty Forties.
Still with a female Asian MC, but not Yoon, and maybe a male MC.

What is not clear for now, it's what happens to Kathoey.
Does he will also work on it, put it on hold, or abandoned it?
I hope it won't be the option 3. But developing 3 games at the same time seems to me really difficult, and not a good idea for all 3 to be completed.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
not unless there's more than 1 person making game.
Well, as far as I know, it's almost a one man team.
With Stella Ko to bring a female perspective, and made some voices. I think she's also co-writing some part of the story. But for what I know, she doesn't code or participate in the art.
And there is also an English proof reader (sorry for this person, I don't know who they are).

But After Choices does a great majority of the work.
And I don't think he can afford to hire anyone to help him.
So, even if it's a full time job for him, and his personal situation is better now, I still believe that create 3 games at the same time is too much.

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
Well, as far as I know, it's almost a one man team.
With Stella Ko to bring a female perspective, and made some voices. I think she's also co-writing some part of the story. But for what I know, she doesn't code or participate in the art.
And there is also an English proof reader (sorry for this person, I don't know who they are).

But After Choices does a great majority of the work.
And I don't think he can afford to hire anyone to help him.
So, even if it's a full time job for him, and his personal situation is better now, I still believe that create 3 games at the same time is too much.
I may be mistaken, but I think that at first After Choices wanted to stop Free Pass with Yoon, and reboot it with a new MC.
But, as lot of people complain about the disappearance of Yoon as the MC, he has reconsidered is decision.

So he will do a reboot of Free Pass, with Yoon as the MC. It seems he want to cut some NPC. I suppose (and really hope) he will keep the main NPCs - Jasmine, Sukkhon, Zoe, Michelle. And some male NPCs, but I really don't care about them (expect Liam because I beleive the game need a sweet male character, and Joseph and Daniel so we still have some NPCs to hate/despise :)).

And he will start a new game Naughty Forties.
Still with a female Asian MC, but not Yoon, and maybe a male MC.

What is not clear for now, it's what happens to Kathoey.
Does he will also work on it, put it on hold, or abandoned it?
I hope it won't be the option 3. But developing 3 games at the same time seems to me really difficult, and not a good idea for all 3 to be completed.
As far as I know, Kathoey is not abandoned. At least, AC has not mentioned anything of the likes to me, and I'm the proofreader for that game ^^

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
After Choices - I want free beer and pizza too! Get on that now, please. This is your game - you can do what you want. I think you might please some of your supporters no matter what you do - and of course there will always be criticism. There will always be some who want to live in the perpetual twilight of Yoon almost becoming a mature and well adjusted adult instead of a naive, childlike young woman. How long can someone (is it healthy?) remain on the threshold (edging)? At some point stories must end and we move on. A clean break is sometimes necessary.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
After Choices - I want free beer and pizza too! Get on that now, please. This is your game - you can do what you want. I think you might please some of your supporters no matter what you do - and of course there will always be criticism. There will always be some who want to live in the perpetual twilight of Yoon almost becoming a mature and well adjusted adult instead of a naive, childlike young woman. How long can someone (is it healthy?) remain on the threshold (edging)? At some point stories must end and we move on. A clean break is sometimes necessary.
It look like you want kill the whole game.

Feb 21, 2022
I've enjoy the Yoon characters story plus progress. To see that set aside and her mostly switched out, it is kind of like making Mario in Mario 64 into a minor character.

I do want to see an end to her story, esp. since how far you've progressed it.

Advise wise I would say, don't burden yourself with too many projects. You might get burnt out of making a game or just end up giving up on all of your projects if juggling them becomes too much work.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes