EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
Yep, this is sad news. I was a fan of the old free pass and not looking forward to the reboot. And track records show devs who give up their game mid development continue to do so. I hope it's not the case again for you guys.

Ah well, I'll move on to something else. Good luck dev.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
This game was one of my favorite, just when things became more hotter and successful you abandon the game for another, with male protagonist too? Shame on you Dev, you'll regret It. I'm out of this shit.
You have absolute freedom to do whatever you desire. I'm not going to stop you. Best regards to the old support. To be clear, I'm rebooting it rather than abandoning it. That tag was applied by a moderator or someone I don't know. I don't update it because I don't want to lose ownership of the post if it's edited by higher-ups here. I've said it before, but I'll mention it again now. I changed the MC from Yoon to Grace since I was not sure if Yoon's appearance would match the reboot's new premise. I'm sticking to the original idea, but I won't be able to pick everything up along the road.

Batman's parents and Barry Allen's mom are destined to die when the reboot occurs, but it occurs in a new way each time. In this approach, I may overcome my imagination's restrictions.

Apr 21, 2020
I mean I get it, if you didn't like the direction might as well reverse course early so we won't have to reboot 4 gigabytes into the game if you suddenly decided you didn't like it's direction, BUT there was no need to do it in this case. Corrupting Yoon was cool. Just my opinion. Best wishes on the reboot.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Male MC, Yes, it is avoidable ;)
View attachment 1804934
Father, father, whose role it is to safeguard his family. He has more than just his wife and daughter. Specifically, some gorgeous teenage girls who are his daughters' pals.
View attachment 1804937
There's a sexy stepdaughter named Michelle, as well as several stunning wife's friends, all of whom lure him to make the most out of his long-term marriage. If that's not enough, you can shape him. If you want to have some fun, you can introduce your great wife or daughter to any beautiful females, powerful men, and so on.
Gotta say, this decision disappoints me more than dropping Yoon. The rationale for dropping Yoon upsets me, but to bring on a male MC, reeks of another game I've been waiting to support, but the son character and his storyline has more scenes than the MC

Reactions: DDDIsReal
Apr 21, 2020
Male MC, Yes, it is avoidable ;)

Father, father, whose role it is to safeguard his family. He has more than just his wife and daughter. Specifically, some gorgeous teenage girls who are his daughters' pals.
There's a sexy stepdaughter named Michelle, as well as several stunning wife's friends, all of whom lure him to make the most out of his long-term marriage. If that's not enough, you can shape him. If you want to have some fun, you can introduce your great wife or daughter to any beautiful females, powerful men, and so on.
It might be avoidable, but you're basically locking yourself out of all the content of the game.

Either the development of the game will take longer so we're getting at least an equivalent amount of Female MC content in comparison the previous game OR players will just have to deal with having lesser of the content they want.

Not trying to knock you, but you had a pretty good niche going with Yoon as the MC. Anecdotally there feels like there's an abundance of games where you can play Male & Female perspective. Even if that's not the case there's a reason people would seek out a game that specifically has a Female MC. To me the decision make it feel like any other cookie cutter game which sucks to say because this was one of my faves.

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, rebooting a game removing the main character and then adding another new one might not be the best choice, at least in the short term. I get the reason to add a male MC, as they tend to make more money, but maybe reconsider? I don't know how deep you are in on the idea, but if its early in on the idea then maybe consider making the Male MC his own game instead of inserting him in this one? That way you can have the best of both worlds.

Also looks like this thread is going to suffer from another one of 88Michele88's rants. Just not too long ago you went into a male MC game and went on for pages about how adding a female protag would improve the game, yet when its the other way around its the end of the world
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
I liked the game for what it was, now you are taking away what made this game ... this. It had a different fem protagonist experience. But you are taking that away...
The graphics were good the new one is better, but what drove me in was the characters and the story, but I fear you are in the path of ruining it.
I might not even try your reboot. Goodluck...

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, rebooting a game removing the main character and then adding another new one might not be the best choice, at least in the short term. I get the reason to add a male MC, as they tend to make more money, but maybe reconsider? I don't know how deep you are in on the idea, but if its early in on the idea then maybe consider making the Male MC his own game instead of inserting him in this one? That way you can have the best of both worlds.

Also looks like this thread is going to suffer from another one of 88Michele88's rants. Just not too long ago you went into a male MC game and went on for pages about how adding a female protag would improve the game, yet when its the other way around its the end of the world
Gotta agree especially on the giving Male MC his own game bit.

I mean this was one of the few fem protag games i enjoyed. seems a bit late in the game to change it but eh, it's happened before.

Still, i barely tolerate multiple protag games when the Main MC is a male. but in the new game he's the side character right? i'd honestly just prefer the female protag game and make a seperate Male MC game.

that being said i'll still try the new game. who knows maybe i'll be surprised.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Gotta agree especially on the giving Male MC his own game bit.

I mean this was one of the few fem protag games i enjoyed. seems a bit late in the game to change it but eh, it's happened before.

Still, i barely tolerate multiple protag games when the Main MC is a male. but in the new game he's the side character right? i'd honestly just prefer the female protag game and make a seperate Male MC game.

that being said i'll still try the new game. who knows maybe i'll be surprised.
I've always found Multi MC games to be at least somewhat jarring. Even if you can choose from the start for it to be one or another there is generally always a drop in quality, and most of that can be chalked up to most developers being amateur writers. Theres very few games I can think of that benefit from it, while just about every other one its a detriment IMO. From what Ive seen from theres actually a good chance After Choices could end up making on of the former, as their writing is very good, however even if thats the case it clear many people dont want to take the chance for that. So IMO it just makes sense for them to make 2 games that are both destined to be good instead of one game that only has a chance to be.

Also it should be noted that After Choices has been hesitant about whether they could even write a Male MC justice. So its kind of a given that theres going to be a lot of experimenting going on, and that would just be so much easier to do if he had his own game. Feedback would be a lot easier to receive in his own game, instead of a thread with people arguing about him existing in the first place, a thread where he at the very least welcome would be a lot easier to sort though genuine criticism. It would also make him a lot more malleable, if hes an integral part of the new story, then he and the female MC could potentially get in each others way if something needs to be changed thanks to the experimenting. Especially when you consider this thread in the last two day. I can easily see a issue cropping up where proponents of either side want completely separate things and a huge rewrite happening. And if thats not the case and his story is completely separate, well then at that point why not give him his own game anyway.

And oh god, imagine if theres NTR for him. You'd have the people angry that he exists, People angry that theres multi protag, people angry that the female exists, people mad about NTR. Honestly now that I list it out, that sounds like a fun thread to read, make it happen :KEK:.

Jokes aside its really up to the dev, like I said, even if they do end up going the multiprotag I think theres a good chance it could end up being a really good game thanks to the devs good writing; but I think simply starting a solo male protag game after he finishes his second game is a much safer choice. At the of the day After Choices should make the game they want to make. If this is something that important to their vision of the game then all the more power to them.

Last edited:

mide

Nov 28, 2017
ok lets make some things clear. if you reboot your game, and change the main character ITS NOT A FUCKING REBOOT. i loved this game, but i guess ill just avoid anything you make now.

if we went back to batmans origin and made the new main character the guy that killed his parents, would you say "wow cool they rebooted batman".

Apr 21, 2020
I've always found Multi MC games to be at least somewhat jarring. Even if you can choose from the start for it to be one or another there is generally always a drop in quality, and most of that can be chalked up to most developers being amateur writers. Theres very few games I can think of that benefit from it, while just about every other one its a detriment IMO. From what Ive seen from theres actually a good chance After Choices could end up making on of the former, as their writing is very good, however even if thats the case it clear many people dont want to take the chance for that. So IMO it just makes sense for them to make 2 games that are both destined to be good instead of one game that only has a chance to be.
^
That was my thought too. Just develop the Co-Lead game as it's own thing. Obviously easier said than done. If adding a Male MC to the Dev's already established title makes him more money then I understand, I definitely don't want to be the person to take food off anyone's plate. But making into it's own thing is a good compromise (From my Point of view maybe not the Dev's) so at least people will know what they're getting into and they'll be more open to a Male presence and thus other things that come with that(Swinging, NTR, etc). As opposed to people totally writing it off just because Yoon isn't the sole focus.

TritonRM

Sep 3, 2021
Thank you for what you did with Freepass, really wanted to see how it was going to end. Was really moving in an interesting direction. Good luck with the new project, hope it works out for ya in the end. I just can't get behind it though, so I'll just say this is a bitter-sweet parting. Take care of yourself AC.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes