Mod Abandoned Freeloading Family Incest Patch

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I don't see the reason for the change to half-sister. Half-sister is still considered a real sister, not like step-sister. In the real world no one uses the term half-sister, half-brother when they referring to each other.
The reasen is because the version 0.23.In that talked hailey and the mc about the dead from his mother

Paze

May 1, 2018
Guess I skip this Patch, not gona lie, bioforge is totaly right.
I have a step-sister and in over 25 years we never calles ourselves "halfsiblings". We are just Siblings..
So, in my opinion, changing the Patch to "half-sister or half-brother" breaks the whole Patch.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
Is this patch supposed to work on v0.24? If yes, then its not working for me, if no, just say so and then disregard this message, lol

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Is this patch supposed to work on v0.24? If yes, then its not working for me, if no, just say so and then disregard this message, lol
did you read this in the op? Edit 24.1.2020: Attach the beta version from the patch for the version 0.23.2 .And btw it is not helpful if you only write that this is not working.The beta patch should work but i will later post the update for the version 0.24

Last edited:
Reactions: herrbertold

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
In the real world no one uses the term half-sister, half-brother when they referring to each other.
This isn't true. Much like step-siblings, it heavily depends on the relationship between the siblings and if specificity is needed to provide context for the discussion/situation at hand.

If someone doesn't like their step/half sibling (or in some cases their parent), they are most likely going to specify that aspect of the relationship in an effort to distance themselves. (And, yes, it is a matter of degrees. The greater the dislike the more likely they are to specify)

If someone didn't grow up with their step/half-sibling (and especially if that step/half sibling was unknown for most of their life), they are also far more likely to specify that aspect as well simply because they do not view them as a sibling, but recognize that they are part of the same family.

I personally have step siblings on both my mom and dads side. Since my stepdad was an abusive shithead and they were also exceedingly unplesant, I always specify that I have 4 step brothers. However, since my stepmom was more of a mother to me than my real mom, and her son was also a great person, I have one brother. Unless someone asks specifically about the dynamic, or i have to clarify for legal reasons (next of kin, etc), or to prevent feeling like I am misleading someone in a conversation about it, then I will specify that he "is actually my step brother, but i consider him my brother."

Now, I don't refer to any of them as bro or step-bro or whatever when talking *to* them, i always use their name (or nickname if applicable). Only when talking *about* them to a third party do i refer to them as bro/step-bro/etc.

Last edited:

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
did you read this in the op? Edit 24.1.2020: Attach the beta version from the patch for the version 0.23.2 .And btw it is not helpful if you only write that this is not working.The beta patch should work but i will later post the update for the version 0.24
I did read the op, I did what it said, and it didn't work. ie the game was loaded at last save which is the scene just before the "save now this is the end of the version" message. After loading from that point, it goes to the next screen which is the "save now" message and end.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I did read the op, I did what it said, and it didn't work. ie the game was loaded at last save which is the scene just before the "save now this is the end of the version" message. After loading from that point, it goes to the next screen which is the "save now" message and end.
i have a theory.Let me check this fast.I think that i used the old ver23.rpy file in the patch and that cause that.My problem is now that i redownload the complete game again because i don´t have the original files

Reactions: herrbertold

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
Just tried the mega link on the version 0.24 and get this

Game files
FreeloadingFamily-024-pc_-_Gallery_Unlocked.zip

Patch
Freeloading Family v0.24.zip

I extracted all the patch files into

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\game folder

Am I placing the files correctly??

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Programs\\Renpy\\renpy-6.99.11-sdk\\Projects\\Freeloading Family/game/ver1.rpy', 1546939198, 234) is defined twice, at game/New folder/ver1.rpyc:2 and game/ver1.rpy:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\FreeloadingFamily-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Programs\\Renpy\\renpy-6.99.11-sdk\\Projects\\Freeloading Family/game/ver1.rpy', 1546939198, 234) is defined twice, at game/New folder/ver1.rpyc:2 and game/ver1.rpy:2.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Mon Jan 27 16:20:51 2020

Last edited:

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
OK, I decided to re-download the patch file and now it doesn't crash.

Thank you.

I did add the files to the sub "game" folder but it was crashing, anyway now it's working ;)

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Question, IS step family (non blood relations) really considered incest?
No. Incest doesn't require blood relation but, in the absence of blood relation it requires the game to take a significant amount of time to establish a familial relationship with no sexual tension present before things turn sexual... and that simply isn't a game people want to play. So, in practical terms, not blood related = not incest.