ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
How many agree? We could honestly do a lot with longer time between updates. Not saying we're going to, but it's something I'm curious about.
i'm patient..take all the time you feel is needed to pump out the best ya can that also enables me to get Alice pregnant because reasons...people do not get up in arms about the higher quality games(which this is) taking a bit longer..we get up in arms when mediocre time wasters take forever..HAHAA.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
How many agree? We could honestly do a lot with longer time between updates. Not saying we're going to, but it's something I'm curious about.
I can wait longer if it means more alice content, not really interested in the rest of the troupe.

Reactions: RoadWulf

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Devs What Happened to this game used to be choice based now I forced into a Narrative I don't want why would you take control away from the player when you never did that before what changed you had a great story and fffffffffddddd it up with this new update and also force the Aunt to catch us come on now this is utter garbage and you know it why would they be trying to get intimate knowing Aunt can walk in anytime and why would they do that right in the living room when theres 2 rooms and a bathroom wouldn't happen and you guys just didn't want to write nothing else and kill the series with this low grade ending
I’ve responded to similar questions a couple of time, but I guess I’ll take my time to respond to this one as well.

I do understand that as a player, you see the structure of the game differently than as a developer. Thus you question certain decisions made by the devs themselves.

Let’s keep things simple and say that we have 100 renders that we can render and 10 000 words that we can write each month. Let’s say that we added a option for the aunt NOT to catch you. Then that decision alone cuts the content for the route down by 50%. And that’s only a single decision. So now we have 2 separate narrative branches. Let’s say that we add in another decision. That’s another 50% split and 4 branches (or 2, with flags). Either way, it’s mostly the same results.

So with this, playing through a update of this size will give you only 25% of the content to digest. Let’s say a play through regularly took 10 minutes, but now it’s cut down to 2 and a half minute. You will most likely be left pretty disappointed by having played such a short update.

Now you could argue that the content is still the same in amount, you just have to go back and make another decision. While that is true, each decision has less content overall and also from what it sounds like you would never make a decision where the aunt catches you to begin with. Thus you would be missing out on that heap of content.

Also this game was never really that heavy on decisions to begin with. If you replay the game and make all decisions differently, you will still be led down the same paths, with some minor different scenes and dialogue.

What most people fail to realize when doing a narrative driven game, is that you have to be very careful with continuity. For instance, let’s say that we don’t cut down any content when branching the story. So if you don’t get caught by the aunt, you simply skip her content. You might want that instead, since you don’t care for her. We would still need to make a branch with newly written dialogue and probably scenes as well. Since that branch can never reference the fact that she caught you. And that fact has to carry on throughout the entirety of the story. Meaning that branch can never converge with the “main” branch for the entire game unless we want to break continuity.

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Donor
Respected User
Apr 24, 2018
From a pirate point of view: I can wait for months for a good game.

From a (considering to be a) Patron point of view: If i pay monthly i would like to get something monthly.

Also for all Devs that read this. If a game needs a patch, it would be a good idea to make sure it is provided. Lewdpatcher is there for a reason^^

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The one thing I've really disliked in the last few updates is that you changed the apartment they're in from the Pinkish looking one that was there in the beginning into that HORRIBLY OVERUSED living room set in the last two updates and the Christmas version. Honestly, I've seen it in at least 9 games if not more. Why did you change it?

Reactions: blahblah25

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I’ve responded to similar questions a couple of time, but I guess I’ll take my time to respond to this one as well.

I do understand that as a player, you see the structure of the game differently than as a developer. Thus you question certain decisions made by the devs themselves.

Let’s keep things simple and say that we have 100 renders that we can render and 10 000 words that we can write each month. Let’s say that we added a option for the aunt NOT to catch you. Then that decision alone cuts the content for the route down by 50%. And that’s only a single decision. So now we have 2 separate narrative branches. Let’s say that we add in another decision. That’s another 50% split and 4 branches (or 2, with flags). Either way, it’s mostly the same results.

So with this, playing through a update of this size will give you only 25% of the content to digest. Let’s say a play through regularly took 10 minutes, but now it’s cut down to 2 and a half minute. You will most likely be left pretty disappointed by having played such a short update.

Now you could argue that the content is still the same in amount, you just have to go back and make another decision. While that is true, each decision has less content overall and also from what it sounds like you would never make a decision where the aunt catches you to begin with. Thus you would be missing out on that heap of content.

Also this game was never really that heavy on decisions to begin with. If you replay the game and make all decisions differently, you will still be led down the same paths, with some minor different scenes and dialogue.

What most people fail to realize when doing a narrative driven game, is that you have to be very careful with continuity. For instance, let’s say that we don’t cut down any content when branching the story. So if you don’t get caught by the aunt, you simply skip her content. You might want that instead, since you don’t care for her. We would still need to make a branch with newly written dialogue and probably scenes as well. Since that branch can never reference the fact that she caught you. And that fact has to carry on throughout the entirety of the story. Meaning that branch can never converge with the “main” branch for the entire game unless we want to break continuity.
Have we played the same update or did I get the delux edition? There was plenty of branching and choices. The change in dialogue was enough to make a difference

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Have we played the same update or did I get the delux edition? There was plenty of branching and choices. The change in dialogue was enough to make a difference
I’m glad that you think so. We try to make some different results in dialogue and scenes with the choices. But some people expect the entire game to be revamped based on your choices. Basically having completely different scenes altogether. We simply don’t have the capacity to do something like that. We’re only two people doing this part-time.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
All I can say is "Dat Aunt" !!

Also happy that Alice didnt get replaced with the carrot after all (y)

I remember people hating her last update because she cock-blocked the MC with Alice, but all I could think since last update, and this one (especially after that bending over scene) is "I'd like to bend her over, pull her hair and got town on her"...

As Black Jesus said when he arrived in Jersulem "I came to town on an ass... yo momma's ass !!"

bahamter

Jun 8, 2018
In short, if time and patience are the only thing developers ask us, I will happily to provide as much as they required.

From my own experience, I can wait a few months as long as the result worth the waiting. Personally, I'm sick of those service game such as Anthem, Fallout 76 which give half a game for making player quicker to get it. I understand it will take weeks to make a complicated chapter. And I can wait developer for refine the content of the game. My another favorite game Milfy City updates every 10 weeks and I am OK with that.

Milfy city made a progress bar to show what percentage of game they have made. I believe that is good idea to make some people more patient as long as they can get the situation of the development.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I frequently replay VN-style games so im fine with waiting longer for updates.

I think a couple key things in regards to update time are

- Quality. Obviously if you're waiting a while, you want it to be of high quality. Some of the most popular games on this site are updated every 2-3 months (DMD, Milfy City, Melody etc.) and some of the lowest rated games seem to get updated all the time. I think this game qualifies as a higher quality game. good story, interesting characters and quality art.
- Update size. You dont want to wait 2 months for a 2 minute update. I don't know how much time it takes to do these things, so im not qualified to guesstimate how long updates should be with an extra month of development. I do think it depends on what kind of game it is though. if it has different decisions that will lead to different branches, each of those branches will have smaller progression than it would have if it just had one branch and different dialog based on decisions you make.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I can't speak for others but i'll wait however long it takes for a decent update. Shit, i've been waiting 5 months for Offcuts and it's no sign of coming soon.

Waited over a year for Majikoi A-3 and it's only a quarter of the way translated.

As long as we know it's coming and aren't faced with radio silence most folk generally don't mind waiting.

seygon

Aug 15, 2017
I can't speak for others but i'll wait however long it takes for a decent update. Shit, i've been waiting 5 months for Offcuts and it's no sign of coming soon.

Waited over a year for Majikoi A-3 and it's only a quarter of the way translated.

As long as we know it's coming and aren't faced with radio silence most folk generally don't mind waiting.
This is the gist of it. People get uneasy if the devs stop communicating regularly. I would go as far as to say that communication and thereby showing that the project is still alive is more important than updating regularly.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes