goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I tried using that tool but I still can't open the file on Mac.
It didn't work for me either. It's not a permissions or quarantine issue.

You can right click the app, "Show Package Contents", then open Contents/MacOS, and double click on FreeloadingFamily. That worked for me.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I tried using that tool but I still can't open the file on Mac.

You can right click the app, "Show Package Contents", then open Contents/MacOS, and double click on FreeloadingFamily. That worked for me.
Here's another method that should work for most Ren'Py games that lacks Mac versions, and Mac versions that don't work:
  1. Download and install/unzip the .
  2. Create a Projects folder where you want your games to be saved.
  3. Launch the Ren'Py Launcher.
  4. Click Preferences in the bottom right corner.
  5. Set Projects Directory to your newly created folder, then click Return.
  6. Download and extract the game in your newly created folder.
    • Delete the lib, renpy and .app folders + the .exe, .py and .sh files to save some space.
  7. In the Ren'Py Launcher, click refresh (to the right of PROJECTS:)
  8. Left click the game under PROJECTS:
  9. Click Launch Project and enjoy the game.
I have only tested this on Linux and Windows (hundreds of times with 100% success) but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work for Mac.

Not 100% sure what happens with the "market" builds. They seem to work for most games. This is the second time I'm seeing someone reporting a "market" build not working for Mac. Other game that didn't work was "Dark Magic". It is stated that "market" builds are experimental, and "probably won't work" by the Ren'Py devs, so only 2 games failing so far is a pretty good success rate.

Reactions: Canto Forte

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Here's another method that should work for most Ren'Py games that lacks Mac versions, and Mac versions that don't work:
  1. Download and install/unzip the .
  2. Create a Projects folder where you want your games to be saved.
  3. Launch the Ren'Py Launcher.
  4. Click Preferences in the bottom right corner.
  5. Set Projects Directory to your newly created folder, then click Return.
  6. Download and extract the game in your newly created folder.
    • Delete the lib, renpy and .app folders + the .exe, .py and .sh files to save some space.
  7. In the Ren'Py Launcher, click refresh (to the right of PROJECTS:)
  8. Left click the game under PROJECTS:
  9. Click Launch Project and enjoy the game.
I have only tested this on Linux and Windows (hundreds of times with 100% success) but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work for Mac.

Not 100% sure what happens with the "market" builds. They seem to work for most games. This is the second time I'm seeing someone reporting a "market" build not working for Mac. Other game that didn't work was "Dark Magic". It is stated that "market" builds are experimental, and "probably won't work" by the Ren'Py devs, so only 2 games failing so far is a pretty good success rate.
I've seen market builds work. I'm not sure why this one doesn't.

One thing to add to your Ren'Py SDK method - make sure you have the same version as the game. I've had games made with Ren'Py 6.99.x fail when I tried to do this using SDK 7.0.x.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I've seen market builds work. I'm not sure why this one doesn't.

One thing to add to your Ren'Py SDK method - make sure you have the same version as the game. I've had games made with Ren'Py 6.99.x fail when I tried to do this using SDK 7.0.x.
I've heard that myself, but so far I've only had one 6.99 game fail with 7.x so far, and I've compressed and built a lot of games the last couple of months. I figured out (together with the developer) why this was, and it was 3 lines of code that the developer had no idea why was there in the first place. 6.99 ignored these 3 lines and let it buid, but 7.2.2 failed with some critical error.

Might have been me being lucky so far, but I really don't think it's that important to use the same version, especially not for private use, since it works basically all the time.

Reactions: Canto Forte

danman87

Mar 17, 2019

That worked, thanks!

erkper

May 16, 2018
Just to make things clear, despite me having answered this several times before. This is a LINEAR visual novel. Linear. As in no major diverging paths. It has never been anything besides a linear visual novel.

The player will be given choices that change certain scenes and dialogues. But overall the story will remain the same. The only time the story will diverge majorly depending on player choices will be towards the end of the game.

I understand that some people want to handpick exactly what characters they want and skip any scene they want and have dialogue choices for anything they want. This isn’t that kind of game. I’m sure there are other games out there that fill your needs in those areas. Play this game if you want to experience the story WE present.
Please don't misunderstand that I am ungrateful for the fantastic work you're creating. Also as someone else pointed out, I do recognize where I am and that I have earned exactly the amount of attention that I'm paying for. (That is to say, none.) I simply responded to a post and POV that I agreed with, and like others, was confused by a bug in the previous episode's script that make what happened this time seem like it may or should have been avoidable. Also a little confused by V.A.Laurie specifically calling out this viewpoint and asking if those who felt this way would be willing to accept less content in return. I mean, why offer such a thing if it isn't on the table? Obviously it's your game and you should make it as you want, and I have no issue with that. But I can't help feeling like a nerve has been struck here. I don't see any hammers dropping (figuratively) on those who don't like or seem to want content with a different character. Whatever, my opinion is exactly that, no more and no less.

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
FFCreations Hey, I reported a bug a few pages ago. Could you clarify if this is an actual error?

When you don't have the threesome with Leah she should still be a virgin, but she'll still say its her second time in her room.

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
I loved Leah from the first moments for her beauty, then a little more when she started to show her good side, and with this update, I think she just took the lead, just a little bit, but yes. :love:

Although I love Alice for everything she stands for, as well as Melody for her madness, but also with a good heart.

I would also like to see a 3some with Alice and Hailey, I think it should be worth it. :unsure:(y)

Finally....Karina, I don't hate her, but she doesn't attract me any more than that, but it's my personal taste.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Hey not Mac already here,need android v0.19
hey, not android here...can you put the version of the game compatible for Windows Shanxi2157 on extranet instead of internet? i'm on Virmire, Commander Shepard forgot me here...i already sent him a message and now i'm waiting for an answer...

Regards from Ashley Williams.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes