SkyeJordan666

Sep 19, 2020
Been keeping up with the writer personally and lemme say this:

You (blind) haters won.
I'm not joking here btw. The writer is losing interest to write, even if it is a poem or a short story, as she felt like "all of those writings were trash".

I know some of you folks would celebrate this as a "victory" but in this case, I don't want to lose her as a person.

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
I'm not joking here btw. The writer is losing interest to write, even if it is a poem or a short story, as she felt like "all of those writings were trash".

I know some of you folks would celebrate this as a "victory" but in this case, I don't want to lose her as a person.
well i like the game

Reactions: texasterry

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018

I attended a high school with one of the top art programs in the country. I took art classes with people who were going to be professional artists, some with free rides to top art colleges. I was not an artist. What I had to learn was how to give and accept criticism.

If you want to create, you have to learn to have a very thick skin. You can't expect the world will celebrate your genius, in fact, it is far more likely to rip you down than build you up. Has some of the criticism of the writing been over the line? Without a doubt. But when you release your creation to the world, the world gets to react and if you can not handle negative reactions, you can not release your creation to the world. If negative reactions cause a person to stop creating or push them toward harming themselves, they were not ready to share with the world, and they should not until they can process negative responses without shutting down.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I know some of you folks would celebrate this as a "victory" but in this case, I don't want to lose her as a person
I understand your feelings, but you can't really "save" another person from their fate, unless you want to take their place.
There are tons of fans of this game. Most, like me, thought the writing was solid until the dad came back, then it turned to crap.
That is not entirely criticism, and if the writer takes nothing positive away from all the people who liked the game, that is on them.
If you can't stand the heat, better stay out of the kitchen. ;)

SkyeJordan666

Sep 19, 2020
I understand your feelings, but you can't really "save" another person from their fate, unless you want to take their place.
There are tons of fans of this game. Most, like me, thought the writing was solid until the dad came back, then it turned to crap.
That is not entirely criticism, and if the writer takes nothing positive away from all the people who liked the game, that is on them.
If you can't stand the heat, better stay out of the kitchen. ;)

It's not like she can't handle heat, she can. But something tells me that Alice's ending is a reflection of something she's facing right now. And what do I meant about "losing her as a person" is that she is really, really on the edge right now with her IRL issues...

wildride

Jul 5, 2017
On HOld? How is this not completed?
This was posted on the Patreon Octoder 2021.

"Hello everyone.

I wanted to give you all an update on the next release for FF. I have not been able to contact Val (the writer) for a while now, which means that the work has gone to somewhat of an halt. I can only assume he has some personal issues that needs to be dealt with.

Until I can figure out how to proceed, there's not much I can do. However, I don't want any patrons to feel unrewarded in their pledge. So I will personally continue work on the next game until I can find a way to resume FF.

With that, I want to be more inclusive with the next project. So I'll post a bunch of different polls here on Patreon that you can vote on that will shape the next game. All the polls will be about what the game should be. For instance what setting, what themes, what perspective and so on and so forth. So if you want to have any input on the next game, then this is definitely the time to vote. I'm also generally available on Discord if you want to give input directly that way.

In case you are confused, Val will not be the writer for the next game. That's why I can work on it while still waiting on Val for FF. Just so that it's perfectly clear that the next game doesn't take priority over FF. To finish FF will always be a top priority.

I know this is bad news for a lot of people and I'm terribly sorry for that. I hope you can understand. As I mentioned previously, I'm generally available on Discord, so if you have any questions you can definitely ask them directly there. Either privately through DMs or simply pinging me on the server.

Thank you for your time."

So the writer ghosted for whatever reason, the artist started a new project Far Off Friends with another writer.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't understand how this hasn't been completed. It's been over a year.

Yes, the writer ghosted everyone. But...can FFC not write it themselves? Or get the writer for the new game to write them?

Feels like this is defacto-abandoned. Or in some weird halfway between complete and abandoned. It got the main endings, so there isn't a compelling reason to try to create the last couple. Just call it done and move onto the next one.

Or in this case, not call it done and move onto the next one.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
It got the main endings, so there isn't a compelling reason to try to create the last couple. Just call it done and move onto the next one.
It's a Harem game, so the Harem ending was the one most of us wanted, and what I would consider the main ending. Without that, I don't think it can be called complete.
Honestly, I would have just been happy with a nice solo ending with Alice that didn't break my heart, so maybe I'm a bit salty. ;)

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes