Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Anyone else notice the couple of renders with much better shaders etc. in the archive? Are these the new Blender versions and aren't they used across the board, yet?

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
don't know what you guys are playing, but i DL'd the new update and all the gallery is there. haven't seen any new content yet though, just started ch 4..haven't played in a long while, so it's kinda like starting over. perks of having a shitty memory i guess..:cool:

Reactions: Buusebanaa21

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Without an update only patch or a save transfer system, it is unavoidable that this game will lose it's popularity over time as seen in other similar cases. It's quite noticeable that it has become bloated and oversized and needs an urgent solution otherwise it's doomed to fail and get dropped.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I know the visuals looks nice and all but in all honestly it was not necessary to bring the game from 1080p to 4k.

I can't justify having a 12GB VN that can be finished in roughly 2 hours from start to finish and this is only the beginning considering we are only at episode 6.

I feel like it is such a huge waste of time and resources also the huge file size that resulted from it does not help either. Add to the injury that they also want to add voice acting to it which in my opinion is a very bad idea because it's so hard to nail them and the payoff is not worth it either when you risk to break the characters... Everyone has their own voices for the characters in their own head when they are playing a visual novel, music being enough to enhance a scene...

These 2 decisions really rub me the wrong way because there has been a poll in the past on Discord about them and if my mind don't deceive me there were a majority of people that voted against them opting for more story content, better poses, animations and so on. I feel like the whole poll thing before was pointless since they ended up doing the opposite anyways. Plus almost 9 months after episode 5 to have just a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is such a huge slap in the face after such a gruesome wait. I get it its only BETA and its 50% but I highly doubt in the rest of the 50% we will have anything that covers the missing stuff considering how short the 50% was.

Also considering how it was the bells and shines about the team being expanded and the promises of the faster and better updates it feels like so far it was just a fancy talk to hype things up. I know some will disagree I just wanted to say my piece and hope the devs prove me wrong with the future updates but so far after almost a year I'm let down. Will probably wait for the full game release on before getting Season 2 on Steam but at this rate I will probably have to check back in 3 years if they decide they don't like 4k and want to enhance it at 8k or 16k.
Chapeau.
eng. I take my head off.
Hit the hammer right.
I've got the last compressed , just under 900 Mb.
12 Gb is outrageous.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Even when split in parts.
I wait for next compressed version and there are always much more fish in this VN-sea.
So if dev digs his own grave so be it.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Renpy automatically, iirc, down scales images if they are larger than your current resolution. So it gives zero benefit to render, and distribute, in 4k. The only reason you would render in 4k, or more, is to use super sampling as Daz does not have a built in AA function (I think anyway. I render all my stuff in blender, only use Daz to build the assets - Don't need to super sample in Blender). Downscaling an image helps with unwanted noise in an image. Noise that s pretty much non existent in Blender these days to the awesome denoiser it uses in Cycles.

Anyway, the point is... Stop rendering everything in 4k. Most people utilise monitors of a lower resolution.

4.50 star(s) 545 Votes