JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Talking to Carolina, after bringing her the book. I ask her for the date option. She then asks if I know any girls that could watch her daughter, then I get error, I click ignore and it moves to nope guess not.

Is there a choice option there that's causing error? Is there a fix for this NeonGhosts

• Hey there
Reactions: NeoEros

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
Talking to Carolina, after bringing her the book. I ask her for the date option. She then asks if I know any girls that could watch her daughter, then I get error, I click ignore and it moves to nope guess not.

Is there a choice option there that's causing error? Is there a fix for this NeonGhosts
I had the same error when i restarted it worked and i had choices.

Asmodeus88

Oct 29, 2017
Is the romance route of this game actually playable? Like does it have a reasonable amount of content? mostly wondering if is worth replaying

Reactions: NeoEros

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Lol I didnt expect Brittani to be included in the Jamie files, shits rough. :ROFLMAO:

Nice to see "relationship" with Pepper develop so quickly, although the scene itself was a bit on the boring side since she couldnt talk but future looks promising with her.

Scene with Mason was quite a highlight for this update. A lot of cool options and flavour. Never expected to see anything like brain injury background for him, I guess it adds to dramatism. Also never expected him to be already "broken in" but I guess we cant save everyone in time. :ROFLMAO: Vanilla lovers will enjoy healing his damaged soul while dark route connoisseurs will enjoy a slightly used toy. :giggle:

A bit of foreplay with Ashe was nice, hopefully the full date will be very spicy. Looking forward to that. :coffee:

Acardia02

Jan 27, 2019
How should we be playing this game, no harem tag so I assume pursuing multiple chicks at once is not a great idea

Idk whether I'm fucking myself over in the long run by forming relationships with multiple ppl
Lol ... I always choose rape option if it's available, I hope the dev keep giving the good content for both routes.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I played through the latest update; it was pretty quick given my decisions thus far. Overall I thought it was a lot of fun. There were good interactions with the various characters and some nice setups for future action. It's a shame it ended before resolving things with Ashe, but I get why it was released this way and the problem will eventually go away when the finale is released.

I did notice one obvious continuity issue right off the bat, though. Several of the pictures the MC edits from Brittani's photo shoot are topless ones, even though I didn't ask her to take topless photos in the cheerleader costume and let her delete the ones in her goth costume. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I get why you wouldn't want to avoid the problem by showing only SFW photos, but it does break the illusion to ignore a choice so soon after making it. Unless it's a real hassle to add the branches, I think it would be worth making the topless photos contingent on taking/keeping those photos (unless this is just a strange bug in my save, of course).

As for the rest of the update, I'll put it in spoilers since it's brand new.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Good update with some fun wholesome moments, and lots of other content I didn't see.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Updated the change-log for the newest version.

I got into this on my Discord a bit, but I don't see anything wrong with the player accepting the BJ. Is it kind of a grey area? Sure. Mason's in a vulnerable position, and that means there's an innate power imbalance. But, Mason initiates, MC makes sure he's okay with it, and they proceed from there.

There are definitely options you can take that lead to Mason liking you less, but every option on Mason's current route puts you on his love, friendship, or corruption path. As with all the characters, it'll be possible to move from one to the other, within reason. It's possible to pass up on the BJ now, and initiate something later. Likewise it'll be possible to take the BJ now, and reject future advances, or turn the relationship into something a little more aggressive.

Originally a confrontation with Brent was planned for this Chapter, but things got rearranged a bit. Still, hang tight.. As for the Nicki patch, I should actually remove that for now, as it'll kind of break the game in its current incarnation. That said, it's just a goof, just me having a bit of fun with people. :D

Man, I feel bad. A very nice patron sent me a list of spelling errors and I never got around to implementing all of the fixes. Feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get them all fixed. The keyboard I use tends to lag when I'm coding and running Daz at the same time, which results in a lot of dropped keystrokes, which makes certain stretches of dialogue lok lik ths.

My grammar I'm a little less concerned with, just because I think it'd be hard for me to correct a lot of that stuff, while still keeping my consistent 'voice.' I know I abuse the hell out of commas, sprinkling them willy-nilly where they don' really belong. Otherwise sure, feel free to send me whatever! :D

Here's the Mac link for the official .39 build. Let me know if you have any issues with it. I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it. I just export the thing.
I am in the middle of downloading the update but this post brings a question: I don't see the gay tag in the tag cloud, you mention getting a bj from Mason.... isn't mason a boy? Can we avoid any gay content?

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Whilst talking to Carolina and choosing a favour or date, I chose a date and then soon after this error appeared -

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
menu:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
"Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34083, in script
menu:
File "J:\Games\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "J:\Games\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 976, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "J:\Games\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "J:\Games\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 34103, in <module>
"Suggest Brittani." if brirel == 0 or brirel == 1 and bri_fear == False :
NameError: name 'bri_fear' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Friends in Need
Fri Apr 28 13:50:54 2023
```

I can ignore and move through it but wondered the Suggest Brittani option I can see in there? Was it to appear?

Reactions: ManifestDream
4.60 star(s) 187 Votes