robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
View attachment 2380952

Well, gang.. Here it is. People have asked for it. Screamed for it. I've gotten private messages raking me over the coals, people pledging to never play the game again, and a smattering of poor reviews. I know when to admit I'm wrong.

So, here is.. . If you install this patch into your main FiN folder and allow it to merge with the existing "game" folder, it will overwrite existing script script files, and add new images to support a new path. With this path, you can choose to excise Nicki entirely from the story.

Just start from the beginning and, when you get to the choice to help her or not, choose "Tell her to fuck off."
yeah that's not happening. i happen to like Nicki alot. however, the shitbag ex-bf needs to have his ass whooped..waiting impatiently on that content. and since he already sent mc a text threatening him, mc should be all over tracking the shitbag down and beating his ass. thats what i want to see..

lurkin

Dec 8, 2017
Mac version:
  • Unzipped 0.34
  • Unzipped 0.39/game/ into 0.34
  • Copied patch.rpy to 0.34/game/
Game won't start.

:rolleyes:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Updated the change-log for the newest version.

Not clear on how our interaction with mason effects that path
I got into this on my Discord a bit, but I don't see anything wrong with the player accepting the BJ. Is it kind of a grey area? Sure. Mason's in a vulnerable position, and that means there's an innate power imbalance. But, Mason initiates, MC makes sure he's okay with it, and they proceed from there.

There are definitely options you can take that lead to Mason liking you less, but every option on Mason's current route puts you on his love, friendship, or corruption path. As with all the characters, it'll be possible to move from one to the other, within reason. It's possible to pass up on the BJ now, and initiate something later. Likewise it'll be possible to take the BJ now, and reject future advances, or turn the relationship into something a little more aggressive.

yeah that's not happening. i happen to like Nicki alot. however, the shitbag ex-bf needs to have his ass whooped..waiting impatiently on that content. and since he already sent mc a text threatening him, mc should be all over tracking the shitbag down and beating his ass. thats what i want to see..
Originally a confrontation with Brent was planned for this Chapter, but things got rearranged a bit. Still, hang tight.. As for the Nicki patch, I should actually remove that for now, as it'll kind of break the game in its current incarnation. That said, it's just a goof, just me having a bit of fun with people. :D

Hey, I decided to start over from the beginning, and I've noticed a few grammatical errors and such. Could I post them here for you, or do you have a more dedicated place for that sort of thing?
Man, I feel bad. A very nice patron sent me a list of spelling errors and I never got around to implementing all of the fixes. Feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get them all fixed. The keyboard I use tends to lag when I'm coding and running Daz at the same time, which results in a lot of dropped keystrokes, which makes certain stretches of dialogue lok lik ths.

My grammar I'm a little less concerned with, just because I think it'd be hard for me to correct a lot of that stuff, while still keeping my consistent 'voice.' I know I abuse the hell out of commas, sprinkling them willy-nilly where they don' really belong. Otherwise sure, feel free to send me whatever! :D

Mac version:
  • Unzipped 0.34
  • Unzipped 0.39/game/ into 0.34
  • Copied patch.rpy to 0.34/game/
Game won't start.

:rolleyes:
's the Mac link for the official .39 build. Let me know if you have any issues with it. I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it. I just export the thing.

Last edited:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Awwww, that's sweet to hear. I was hoping you'd make that decision because personally, I feel like you'd piss off a lot of people on romance path to slap them in the face with a sad/bittersweet ending :LOL: Then you'd have an army of haters on one end who don't like your game because nicki exists and then an army from the other side who hate your game because they couldn't get with her in the end... it'd be like a chaotic alliance of haters this site has never seen marching to your front steps :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of wedding, what if some freak with patch on decides to be romantic and wholesome with nicki, but assault everything else that moves? I guess we just get an empty wedding in a courthouse? Followed by ofc MC's trial on account of his crimes against humanity... I guess Guy can read Nicki's beautiful love letters in a cell as he guards his butt in the bottom bunk! :LOL:
Hah! I love sappy rom-coms and happily-ever-after endings, so I wouldn't punish any players with sad endings for their chosen characters.

.. unless they make bad decisions. :unsure:

Seriously though, if you play a girl's love path and behave like a stand-up dude, you'll get a happy ending. As for an ending where you're really sweet to one person and then terrible to everyone else, I actually do have an idea for that.. When I reboot Chapter One people will see a lot more variables in the script that might hint towards an ending where I could account for all the MC's good and evil deeds.

Where is the android version ? :cry:
Have you tried using JoiPlay to launch it? Some players have used that with success. I don't have any kind of super weird or complicated code in the game.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Man, I feel bad. A very nice patron sent me a list of spelling errors and I never got around to implementing all of the fixes. Feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get them all fixed. The keyboard I use tends to lag when I'm coding and running Daz at the same time, which results in a lot of dropped keystrokes, which makes certain stretches of dialogue lok lik ths.

My grammar I'm a little less concerned with, just because I think it'd be hard for me to correct a lot of that stuff, while still keeping my consistent 'voice.' I know I abuse the hell out of commas, sprinkling them willy-nilly where they don' really belong. Otherwise sure, feel free to send me whatever! :D
Don't sweat it. Much like Shakespeare, I support writing in the vernacular.

That being said, from the start of the game to right before Nicki shows up at the MC's condo, I counted 29 instances of double periods alone. Most seem like they should be ellipsis, some should be periods, and others should even be something else entirely (e.g. semicolon, question mark). While I'm all for writing dialogue in the way people speak, the use of ellipsis is so frequent it is perhaps being overused. I'm all for keeping it in dialogue to emphasize pauses in speech, stuttering, or an unfinished thought (the informal uses). But I think the other non-dialogue uses could be trimmed in order to tighten up the script and presentation.

Again, I am a fan, and have been for a while. But when you're stopping every couple of frames in the game to document yet another double period, it kinda gets to you just how often they're being used.

Reactions: ename144

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Don't sweat it. Much like Shakespeare, I support writing in the vernacular.

That being said, from the start of the game to right before Nicki shows up at the MC's condo, I counted 29 instances of double periods alone. Most seem like they should be ellipsis, some should be periods, and others should even be something else entirely (e.g. semicolon, question mark). While I'm all for writing dialogue in the way people speak, the use of ellipsis is so frequent it is perhaps being overused. I'm all for keeping it in dialogue to emphasize pauses in speech, stuttering, or an unfinished thought (the informal uses). But I think the other non-dialogue uses could be trimmed in order to tighten up the script and presentation.

Again, I am a fan, and have been for a while. But when you're stopping every couple of frames in the game to document yet another double period, it kinda gets to you just how often they're being used.
Ahhh yeah, that’s totally fair. I do generally use double periods because I think they just look better than ellipses. :’D

I’m planning to redo Chapter One in its entirety, so I won’t worry about that right now. But, I have been trying to tighten up some of my little writing idiosyncrasies.

The dilemma with FiN is that I’m so constantly trying to produce new stuff, that basically everything is a first draft. It’s not until I get a chance to go back and play it again later that I think, “Okay, that sentence is a little clunky, let’s fix that.”

But, I appreciate the feedback! I’ll keep tweaking it and trying to improve. :D

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Ahhh yeah, that’s totally fair. I do generally use double periods because I think they just look better than ellipses. :’D

I’m planning to redo Chapter One in its entirety, so I won’t worry about that right now. But, I have been trying to tighten up some of my little writing idiosyncrasies.

The dilemma with FiN is that I’m so constantly trying to produce new stuff, that basically everything is a first draft. It’s not until I get a chance to go back and play it again later that I think, “Okay, that sentence is a little clunky, let’s fix that.”

But, I appreciate the feedback! I’ll keep tweaking it and trying to improve. :D

If that's the case, then I'll just keep an eye out for the more obvious mistakes. So far that's a really clunky line of dialogue that has an unnecessary word in it ('Your investment was now worth virtually worthless.'). And a line of dialogue spoken by Nicki during the first condo reunion that I'm 99% sure was misattributed and should have been spoken by the MC instead ('Oh sure! One sec.. Wine okay?').

Reactions: NeonGhosts

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
this patch made me a nicki lover

Updated the change-log for the newest version.

I got into this on my Discord a bit, but I don't see anything wrong with the player accepting the BJ. Is it kind of a grey area? Sure. Mason's in a vulnerable position, and that means there's an innate power imbalance. But, Mason initiates, MC makes sure he's okay with it, and they proceed from there.

makes sense

• Red Heart

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Ah yes ... MY TIME HAS COME!

(but in all seriousness I should really stop being a lazy ass and just subscribe to the Patreon and you know, support creators I actually like.)

Last edited:

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hah! I love sappy rom-coms and happily-ever-after endings, so I wouldn't punish any players with sad endings for their chosen characters.

.. unless they make bad decisions. :unsure:

Seriously though, if you play a girl's love path and behave like a stand-up dude, you'll get a happy ending. As for an ending where you're really sweet to one person and then terrible to everyone else, I actually do have an idea for that.. When I reboot Chapter One people will see a lot more variables in the script that might hint towards an ending where I could account for all the MC's good and evil deeds.

Have you tried using JoiPlay to launch it? Some players have used that with success. I don't have any kind of super weird or complicated code in the game.
should've known you'd thought of it and already imagined an ending for it :LOL::ROFLMAO: ur my fav dev for a reason buddy :giggle: can't wait to try ur update out :love:

• Red Heart

MrPles4nt

Dec 25, 2022
How should we be playing this game, no harem tag so I assume pursuing multiple chicks at once is not a great idea

Idk whether I'm fucking myself over in the long run by forming relationships with multiple ppl

• Wow
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
How should we be playing this game, no harem tag so I assume pursuing multiple chicks at once is not a great idea

Idk whether I'm fucking myself over in the long run by forming relationships with multiple ppl
As of right now, you’re free to play the field a bit. The next few updates will have opportunities to commit to certain girls.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: keterboy and Grelk
4.50 star(s) 190 Votes