Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
Neon Public post on Patreon.
Hey, hey, friends! Hope you're all doing well this week! These Sneak Peek posts are normally paywalled at the $5 level, but I wanted to post this one publicly, both to set the release schedule for Chapter 9, and to share the format of these Sneak Peeks with people who haven't seen them.

The big news of the day is that Chapter 9's alpha version is now, finally(!) . It's been a beast, but it's finally here. That said, here's my planned release schedule!

• Close Friend: Available now!
  • Friend from Work: 5/28
  • Acquaintance: 5/31
  • Public: 6/5
I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted to, and that release window is a bit more compressed than I'd prefer. But, as I mentioned in a past blog update, I got hit with Covid and it kinda put me on my ass, right as I was trying to ramp up my rendering. I still wanted to get the update into every patron's hands before the month was over, though. Hence the shortened release window, and some of the compromises I made on content.

Now, that said, I'll follow my usual pattern of releasing a final version in the coming weeks, once I've fixed some typos, and collected bug reports. I played the thing backwards and sideways, but there's always one or two little problems that tend to sneak through. So, before the public version drops, I'm also going to work on adding a few positions to Risa's ero scenes, just to flesh them out a bit more. But, the update is complete in its current form, and everything works.

My next priority, following the public/final release of Chapter 9, is to get to work on rendering Chapter 10, which prominently features Mason, Gabby, and Madison. I've got most of that script complete, but I've still got some fine-tuning and finishing to do. I'm ambitiously targeting late-July/early-August for Chapter 10, as it should be a smaller update, if I stick to my plan.

Speaking of smaller updates, I'm also using the little space between now and the first of June, to work on a stand-alone update featuring Brittani, in her capacity as a Chesty Cheetahs waitress. I've been wanting to experiment with more Special Releases, ala the Brent update, but make them more central to the narrative. Next year, I'd really like to stagger things, so you might get a normal sized update, then a smaller update, then a normal sized one, and so on. Basically, delivering smaller chunks of content, more frequently.

Now, I'm going to go lay down and have a nap. Been a long day! But as always, take care of yourselves, and thank you for your support! I'll leave you with a sneak peek of the script for Brittani's Special Release.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Is this in the update? :eek: Must be a dream sequence or something
Speaking of smaller updates, I'm also using the little space between now and the first of June, to work on a stand-alone update featuring Brittani, in her capacity as a Chesty Cheetahs waitress. I've been wanting to experiment with more Special Releases, ala the Brent update, but make them more central to the narrative. Next year, I'd really like to stagger things, so you might get a normal sized update, then a smaller update, then a normal sized one, and so on. Basically, delivering smaller chunks of content, more frequently.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022
Speaking of smaller updates, I'm also using the little space between now and the first of June, to work on a stand-alone update featuring Brittani, in her capacity as a Chesty Cheetahs waitress.
Frankly speaking, I would have already preferred him to use this time to relax rather than for another standalone story involving some character
Because it definitely seems to me that he would benefit from a rest

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm sorry but can we talk about those hideous shorts Guy is wearing for a minute? If he's trying to impress Brittani, he needs to up his game.

• Haha
Reactions: KiryuKazuma095

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
Frankly speaking, I would have already preferred him to use this time to relax rather than for another standalone story involving some character
Because it definitely seems to me that he would benefit from a rest
Well i mean you could say we didn't see her for " a long time so making some short stories would be nice"
it's not something big i assume it will be same as Nicki one for the special .
Plus he already go through most of the update for chapter 10 like he said so small story on June, Late July or early August like he said with another update? i say it's nice trade. after these i think he will take a rest.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No joke. He is wearing a Hanes undershirt with cuffed Girl Scout shorts and flip-flops. He is a fucking millionaire and needs to stop shopping at Wal-Mart.
I think it's part of his character. I mean he has all this money, but he doesn't feel like he belongs or something like that.
So, he wears the same stuff he has always worn.

But I do think he'll buy some nicer clothes when it comes time for romantic dates with the girls.
He did for Ashe I'm pretty sure.

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
I think it's part of his character. I mean he has all this money, but he doesn't feel like he belongs or something like that.
So, he wears the same stuff he has always worn.

But I do think he'll buy some nicer clothes when it comes time for romantic dates with the girls.
He did for Ashe I'm pretty sure.
It's a rule from the start of the game , Guy must wear these type of cloths.
i think the moment he changes the girls might kill him on the spot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

ded inside

Jan 3, 2019
Well you are right, the temptation is too big ;D

At most, I'll run the game on a virtual machine
Honestly, I don’t know myself, I found links on the Internet, I’m not subscribed to Patreon. I downloaded the PC version, checked it, everything seems to be fine. I don’t know about the Android and Mac versions.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Honestly, I don’t know myself, I found links on the Internet, I’m not subscribed to Patreon. I downloaded the PC version, checked it, everything seems to be fine. I don’t know about the Android and Mac versions.
It can't be the "Patreon" version, the Patreon version is Friends Indeed and is edited and "Patreon" friendly.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Eland51298

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022
Well, we'll soon find out

By the way, is it my imagination or is this the vanilla version?

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022

If it's Patreon it's vanilla , btw the real version even if it's vanilla supposed to be 0.60a not 0.59b demo.
just saying what i see on Patreon and substar page.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Again, the "Vanilla version" is "Friend Indeed". You have to open the patch and set it to "True" or use the taboo patch if you don't know how to edit files.

2024-05-25 07_39_14-Friends in Need Ch9 v.0.59b.png

to be honest I don't care, it works and that's fine
Patreon is censored.

If it's Patreon it's vanilla , btw the real version even if it's vanilla supposed to be 0.60a not 0.59b demo.
just saying what i see on Patreon and substar page.
That is the "alpha".

The , and

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes