Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Oh, btw, not replying to you specifically Desso, but now that I've seen Isabella, I'm not sure what you guys see in her that's redeemable personally lol. She absolutely seems like the cold, selfish user type. Her little story or w/e where she was a stripper looking at Brit's photo as a young girl, I am now fully convinced she was not looking at her in a "oh, I'd do anything for my little angel", but more "I fucking hate this fucking job, I hate these losers I have to dance naked for, and I hate that I'm forced to do it for this little shit I've been stuck with by some guy that knocked me up". She's the kind of mother that had no business becoming a mother, like some of the ones I occasionally see at the store who smack their kids over.. acting like kids. I wouldn't be surprised I guess if Neon gives her a little more to work with, but I see her as a monster, albeit a sexy one that I will have fun with on corruption/dark routes.
100% this is why I hate her too for all the reasons you said and why I don't understand why some people find her attractive if they look beyond her looks as well. If I did hate Risa for what she did ( I don't) I think id consider Isabella worst and hate her more. It will take alot and some damn good writing for me to find her redeemable imo.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I have a route planned for Brittani that will kind of lean into this.
On one hand body modification and bimbofication can be interesting for fap purposes.
On the other hand Brit has it bad enough with her pimp Mom and her creep bf.
Man, let us bimbofy Nicki or Mason, Brit has big boobs anyway :BootyTime:

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor and armond

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
100% this is why I hate her too for all the reasons you said and why I don't understand why some people find her attractive if they look beyond her looks as well. If I did hate Risa for what she did ( I don't) I think id consider Isabella worst and hate her more. It will take alot and some damn good writing for me to find her redeemable imo.
I'm willing to give Isabella the benefit of the doubt because of how hard she had it when Britt was young.
It's just when surrounded by arseholes constantly treating you like garbage sometimes their attitude rubs off on you.

Feb 23, 2019
I have a route planned for Brittani that will kind of lean into this.
My favourite character and my favourite genre of corruption. OH THANK YOU. This game just keeps getting better and better.

I look forward to seeing a fully corrupted, Bimbo Brittani.

... Hopefully one day we can have her marry the main character. Having her achieve the financially comfortable, high society life that a girl that beautiful wants and deserves, but acquired by being a barely legal, bimbo trophy wife.

A life of wearing expensive slutty clothes to galas
Brittani001.jpg

brittani_3_red.jpg

the finest designer bikinis at pool parties for the social elite,

Britt_pool_up.png

Pico4.png

having every want and need given to her in excess with no worries in the world
Pico6.png Pico8.png

and all thats needed from Britt is for her to be paraded around as the finest prize for her top 1% husband.

fin_brittany_beach.png
brit.png
Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 7.06.53 PM.png

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Just wondering why the dudes who are into this VN because of the dark paths always feel the need to be vocal about it.
Well, aren't we vocal about our love paths? Why can't they be vocal about theirs? I mean I do get tired of seein all of it and on occasion I have voiced my opinions on it, but in the end, they have just as much right as we do to post what they want. Just don't read what they post if it bothers you that much.

Eezergoode

Oct 31, 2017
Last time I mentioned the protagonist being dissociated from its own story, but it may be that you, the author, are trying to fit in the story you want to tell now into the story you started telling, and it's causing rifts.
This is a very common trap a LOT of writers/authors fall into, to be honest. (Not in any way saying that's what is going on here, since I'm not all the way through the current content, still seems I might have a ways to go.) It's part of why, any time I'm working on a story or story driven game, I get the base outline done immediately, then I go back and do a less-rough but still not fully polished outline, with most major plot points and key decision points mapped out. In fact, I've pissed off a few writers I've developed story-line for because I wouldn't keep changing the story on the fly, based solely on THEIR mood, the placement of the stars in the sky, the weather, etc. I sat down with them at the beginning and hashed out the flow, we knew that flow worked, we weren't going to change it because their cat died or whatever. Granted, none of those we adult visual novels, but seriously, story-telling and writing are still story-telling and writing whether it's an AVN or a family-friendly narrative driven RPG.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
All in all, I liked the new update. I wish I could get more for the characters I like, but hey, you even managed to make me not completely dislike Risa, and she was soooo very much grating on my nerves whenever she appeared.

The Lucien bit really got me riled up, that fucking savage. It was so frustrating, not to be able to do more, and in some ways I think MC might need a win in a situation like this. I mean, we couldn't even manage to get Mason's backpack back.
I don't ever want the MC to be a complete Gary Stu who can just kick the ass of everyone he can't sweet talk, but the amount of shit you had to take so far, even from Gabby's and Britanni's shitty ex, it's frustrating.
Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike this is in the story, it is clearly intentional, and I understand why, I'd say, but I am at a point where I am getting a bit tired of not being able to just give someone a good pounding, who deserves it.
And man, I am a middle-aged overweight fuck, but even for me in some situations a fist to the face seems like the best alternative if you don't want to be a doormat (and I mean not my face, the other guy :) )

I find it hard with Pepper atm, IDK if I missed watching webcam shit once or twice, did I get the whole scene with her or not?
I really like her character, but it seems painstakingly slow to get closer to her in some ways.

Which leads me to my one serious fear or problem with the game. I think there really are too many girls.
I like almost all of them, I like most of them a lot, and I don't mind anyone's story, but with so many girls and the current speed of development and how the story overall progresses, how long are you planing on working on this game? 20 years?
It already seems you have a shitload of variables to work with, and these will only increase the longer the game goes and the more the story with specific girls develops
It's your game, as you pointed out repeatedly it's up to you how you work on it and to which goals, but I do think constructive criticism is important, and I hope you see that I am speaking out of genuine love for your game (even if I don't have the money atm to support it the way I would like to) and not because I want everything to be done the way I like or tell you how to create your game.

Last but not least, more Mason is great, most of my favourites are popping up regularly, but there is a significant lack of Gabbi. :-(

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Just wondering why the dudes who are into this VN because of the dark paths always feel the need to be vocal about it.
First of all, they have just as much of a right to post here like everyone else does.
Secondly, I think I get it. Neonghost has already explained that playing the dark path will have significant consequences which will certainly lock you out completely of some paths, and I think if I was a dark-path player, I would feel concerned to get the short end of the stick, so to speak and that would be a reason to comment, whenever I see what I perceive as a problem.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Britts my number two but I'll be damned if I'm not into the corrupted Ashe, she legit ticks off all the good buttons.

CamSolusar

Dec 5, 2020
I enjoyed my corruption play through, and doing a run where you insist on referring to Mason as She is interesting. But am I the only one who abhors that wig? Dear lord it's awful. Even if the look remained the same and you just changed what you call them it would be ok. But God that wig is awful...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I enjoyed my corruption play through, and doing a run where you insist on referring to Mason as She is interesting. But am I the only one who abhors that wig? Dear lord it's awful. Even if the look remained the same and you just changed what you call them it would be ok. But God that wig is awful...
Yeah, she looks much better without the wig.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019

017_Drama Cam X.png

tldr;
85(ish) images into the new update. Aiming to get to the halfway point by the end of the month, and get a demo build out to high-tier subs. Aiming for an August release for Chapter 10.

NeonGhosts

Bravo on this one, I have to say this is the first time a LONG while I've caught myself self-inserting in an AVN.... I am finding myself playing the way I would react IRL to these situations, instead of just picking the choices that I think will get me the most lewd content. Very well-written so far, I'm getting very invested in all of the characters. I usually like one or two, but so far I've liked all of them, each for a different reason. I'm loving that each character has depth and a well thought out backstory, at least it seems that way. They just felt... real, I guess. I think I'll be heading over to SubscribeStar this payday, you deserve every penny we can throw your way.... Keep up the excellent work!
Thanks so much!

what about inevitable branching, or it will be late game choice?
Yeah, this will be towards the end of Brittani's dark path. By that point, that branch will be so divorced from her other paths, that a change in appearance won't be a huge deal, as the renders would be entirely different anyway.

I assume it will be optional / on a corruption or dark path right?
You'd be correct!

Nice! :love: I wasn't expecting you to say her actually, but that sounds like fun. Nicki really did look good as a blonde, though :) Amazing how something as simple as a hair color change can bring something totally different.

Ashe seemed like the obvious choice for a bimbo route to me, did you ever consider her at some point? Because while replaying her date this last update, I noticed you have a choice hidden behind an impossible amount of dark points where you call her a dumb bimbo and send her into the bathroom crying. Very well written dialogue btw, felt real. Did you change your mind on including that because you felt it didn't fit her character? Or because it felt too cliche or something? Or was it just time-related? Kinda fun finding little hidden outtakes like that in the code :coffee::giggle:
That deleted sequence with Ashe was one that I just cut for time. It would've ultimately led into one of two places, with Guy and Ashe reconciling, or with her making an excuse to leave early, as she already does when he blows the romance path. But, getting it there was just taking more time than I had. As I recall, that was the update I published right before I had to take a series of flights halfway across the world. :'D I'll likely add it back in, when I go back and fill out that chapter.

As for why Britt and not Ashe.. Well, from what I understand/find appealing about the whole bimbofication fetish, it's more about removing a person's agency and basically reducing them to a cartoonish, doll-like caricature of themselves. Brittani, with her storyline basically being tied to her aspirations as an actress, dovetails nicely with the whole idea of losing yourself within an fabricated image. Basically, I feel like it meaningfully adds to her story.

Ashe, or a lot of the love interests, could definitely make for a fun bimbo event, I think. I just don't really see it as having story legs. But, Corrupted Ashe indulging in Guy's fantasy to ridicule her as an airhead? Maybe! Her dynamic with kinda-shitty-Guy seems to be one where she enjoys the sexual release, while being rather ambivalent about him as a human being.

Bimbo Ashe.png

I find it hard with Pepper atm, IDK if I missed watching webcam shit once or twice, did I get the whole scene with her or not?
I really like her character, but it seems painstakingly slow to get closer to her in some ways.

Which leads me to my one serious fear or problem with the game. I think there really are too many girls.
I like almost all of them, I like most of them a lot, and I don't mind anyone's story, but with so many girls and the current speed of development and how the story overall progresses, how long are you planing on working on this game? 20 years?
It already seems you have a shitload of variables to work with, and these will only increase the longer the game goes and the more the story with specific girls develops
It's your game, as you pointed out repeatedly it's up to you how you work on it and to which goals, but I do think constructive criticism is important, and I hope you see that I am speaking out of genuine love for your game (even if I don't have the money atm to support it the way I would like to) and not because I want everything to be done the way I like or tell you how to create your game.

Last but not least, more Mason is great, most of my favourites are popping up regularly, but there is a significant lack of Gabbi. :-(
Thanks for the kind words! I'll touch on your notes real quick.

Pepper is meant to be the 'tsundere' character, so she was always going to have a slow build on the love path. You should take little moments like her worriedly checking Guy's bruise as good progress, though. :D

As for too many girls, too little story progress, etc. I've talked about this before, but I'll hit it again: I honestly don't really see the problem. So far, basically all of the love interests have made their problems known to MC. Nicki's and Mason's are basically resolved, and Ashe and Gabby's are on their way there. Risa's will be a bit more of a slow burn, but I think we can all see where it's going? Brittani and Pepper -- same deal, those plots are kind of a slow sizzle, but the basic shape of them is known, now.

Basically all of the characters have had ero scenes, even if they weren't on a path you played. Carolina and Madison are the two that have had the least progress, but I still think Carolina's gotten a good bit of high-quality face-time.

So, put all that together, and compare it to my competition in this space. I don't like to name other developers, but there are some games that came out years before me, and have had a fraction of the progress, even with significantly less branching and fewer characters. Like, there are some VNs I play where it's years later and I still haven't slept with one of the two or three main love interests. So, why do I get so much flak for slow-walking the story? This isn't addressed to you specifically, by the way. Just asking the general audience.

I honestly feel like the entire AVN community has psychic scars from the pure volume of abandoned games out there. And they've established this common cultural lexicon, which includes things that will 'ruin' games. Too many love interests! Too much branching! NTR!

But, correlation =/= causation. I think that if you play the game from the beginning, you can see a lot of little things that hint towards a lot of thought being put into how the story would unfold. Is it perfect? No. I've added and improvised, but the waypoints I set out towards, are the ones I eventually get to. Comb through my blogs, and look at stuff I'd teased or hinted at. Very little was ever outright discarded. Because there is actually a plan, even if people can't see it.

As for how long I want to be doing this for.. As long as I'm having fun making it, and people are having fun playing it, why does it really matter? There are people who did/are doing webcomics for more than a decade. I just looked up Gunnerkrigg Court (a favorite of mine, back in the day) and it's been going for nineteen years! That's one dude, making that story because he loves it, and the audience is still there for it.

Now, I do not actually want to do FiN for 20 years. I've got other stuff I'd like to pursue. I very much miss drawing comics, and writing prose, and I've got a few big works in me that I'd like to finish before I die. But, I'm relatively young and fit, so barring any accidents or unforseen illness, I've got time. But, can I see myself working on FiN another 4-5 years? Sure, why not?

I enjoy working on this thing, warts and all. So long as I'm having fun, I see no reason to rush the conclusion.

Sep 3, 2020

View attachment 3748564

tldr;
85(ish) images into the new update. Aiming to get to the halfway point by the end of the month, and get a demo build out to high-tier subs. Aiming for an August release for Chapter 10.

Thanks so much!

Yeah, this will be towards the end of Brittani's dark path. By that point, that branch will be so divorced from her other paths, that a change in appearance won't be a huge deal, as the renders would be entirely different anyway.

You'd be correct!

That deleted sequence with Ashe was one that I just cut for time. It would've ultimately led into one of two places, with Guy and Ashe reconciling, or with her making an excuse to leave early, as she already does when he blows the romance path. But, getting it there was just taking more time than I had. As I recall, that was the update I published right before I had to take a series of flights halfway across the world. :'D I'll likely add it back in, when I go back and fill out that chapter.

As for why Britt and not Ashe.. Well, from what I understand/find appealing about the whole bimbofication fetish, it's more about removing a person's agency and basically reducing them to a cartoonish, doll-like caricature of themselves. Brittani, with her storyline basically being tied to her aspirations as an actress, dovetails nicely with the whole idea of losing yourself within an fabricated image. Basically, I feel like it meaningfully adds to her story.

Ashe, or a lot of the love interests, could definitely make for a fun bimbo event, I think. I just don't really see it as having story legs. But, Corrupted Ashe indulging in Guy's fantasy to ridicule her as an airhead? Maybe! Her dynamic with kinda-shitty-Guy seems to be one where she enjoys the sexual release, while being rather ambivalent about him as a human being.

View attachment 3748456

Pepper is meant to be the 'tsundere' character, so she was always going to have a slow build on the love path. You should take little moments like her worriedly checking Guy's bruise as good progress, though. :D

As for too many girls, too little story progress, etc. I've talked about this before, but I'll hit it again: I honestly don't really see the problem. So far, basically all of the love interests have made their problems known to MC. Nicki's and Mason's are basically resolved, and Ashe and Gabby's are on their way there. Risa's will be a bit more of a slow burn, but I think we can all see where it's going? Brittani and Pepper -- same deal, those plots are kind of a slow sizzle, but the basic shape of them is known, now.

Basically all of the characters have had ero scenes, even if they weren't on a path you played. Carolina and Madison are the two that have had the least progress, but I still think Carolina's gotten a good bit of high-quality face-time.

So, put all that together, and compare it to my competition in this space. I don't like to name other developers, but there are some games that came out years before me, and have had a fraction of the progress, even with significantly less branching and fewer characters. Like, there are some VNs I play where it's years later and I still haven't slept with one of the two or three main love interests. So, why do I get so much flak for slow-walking the story? This isn't addressed to you specifically, by the way. Just asking the general audience.

I honestly feel like the entire AVN community has psychic scars from the pure volume of abandoned games out there. And they've established this common cultural lexicon, which includes things that will 'ruin' games. Too many love interests! Too much branching! NTR!

But, correlation =/= causation. I think that if you play the game from the beginning, you can see a lot of little things that hint towards a lot of thought being put into how the story would unfold. Is it perfect? No. I've added and improvised, but the waypoints I set out towards, are the ones I eventually get to. Comb through my blogs, and look at stuff I'd teased or hinted at. Very little was ever outright discarded. Because there is actually a plan, even if people can't see it.

As for how long I want to be doing this for.. As long as I'm having fun making it, and people are having fun playing it, why does it really matter? There are people who did/are doing webcomics for more than a decade. I just looked up Gunnerkrigg Court (a favorite of mine, back in the day) and it's been going for nineteen years! That's one dude, making that story because he loves it, and the audience is still there for it.

Now, I do not actually want to do FiN for 20 years. I've got other stuff I'd like to pursue. I very much miss drawing comics, and writing prose, and I've got a few big works in me that I'd like to finish before I die. But, I'm relatively young and fit, so barring any accidents or unforseen illness, I've got time. But, can I see myself working on FiN another 4-5 years? Sure, why not?

I enjoy working on this thing, warts and all. So long as I'm having fun, I see no reason to rush the conclusion.
speaking for myself and no one else I actually prefer games with a great story that takes

it's time to build a relationship

and since I'm a monogamy player that likes to focus on one girl

I really don't care about waiting for Content I don't like games where every character instantly wants to sleep

with each other

and yes sometimes I get worried when I see a game with too many characters

only because I'm worried about the stories and characters being rushed

and not given enough time to develop the story and characters but as long as the developer takes his time and doesn't

rush anything I don't mind waiting

take as much time as you need

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016

View attachment 3748564

tldr;

Thanks so much!

You'd be correct!

View attachment 3748456

I think I might not have expressed what I mean as good as I hoped.
First of, before I go into this, let me say, I can see how my concerns might be seen as doubting you or your work ethics, or your planning or dedication etc.. And I understand that this can have a negative effect on you, as in "why do those idiots think I haven't already considered everything, that is fucking annoying..:"
Even though that isn't the intent.

It's not really that I mind the complexity, or think it can't be done, let alone think you don't have a plan or haven't thought this through. No, it is very clear that you have both a plan and a let's say a story bible you follow.
My worries stem mostly from a let's say mechanical pov in the way that it simply takes longer to create new content the more things you have to keep track of, it's also the main reason for errors in good games, that the dev simply forgets a few triggers and then things don't play out as they should for your run.
And it's not like I think you've shown problems with this so far, but it's simple maths, number of characters times numbers of decisions you make regarding those characters, and you get the amount of stuff you not only have to keep track of but also actually IMPLEMENT in the game EACH and EVERY UPDATE. Which means it gets harder for each new episode, and while you might be on top of it now, whose to say how well this will work out 10 updates from now or 20, with a few hundred more things to keep in mind?
And again mind you, not saying it can't be done, or you can't do it, rather that you already have a lot of characters and there are hints that even the characters who for now don't show up in any romantic/erotic way might become potential LIs or at least sexual partners in the future, which would add even more stuff to factor in.
You need time to develop new content, even with a relatively easy to work on engine as ren'py. The more variables, the more content you have to keep track of, the longer it will take to simply set up the new content mechanically/logically.
That has nothing to do with a dev's skill (well, of course it has a bit to do with skill, you can probably work faster, the better you know your engine) or dedication, but with the workload that is there.

And yes, it's true that people have a fear of this, it's not an unfounded fear, because we've all seen creators trying to juggle too many love interests, too many plot points and at some point just loosing steam, and then we end up with another abandoned game. When I mention something like that, it's not because I think you aren't serious or not capable, or that this isn't a project that is fucking important to you, but we are all just human and projects CAN fail due to being too ambitious.
It's just something ANY dev should keep in mind. But, yes I do understand that to you that is unfair, as you aren't the other devs, and you are only responsible for your own work.
But there are many games that at first updated once a month, then every other month, then every 3-4 months and now have many, many months between updates, and if you ask why, apart from devs openly admitting that they might need a break from a project, what always comes up is that variables due to stuff like the number of love interests decisions and paths/path variations are so high, that you have to factor so many things into each update, that this alone simply makes everything more complicated and thus updates take longer.
And these aren't lazy devs or devs who have no ren''py skills or can't plan or whatever. They just have so many things to keep track of in their games, that it takes a lot longer to incorporate them all into an update.

I hope your enthusiasm stays the same, I hope you juggle all these characters, decisions and plot points with ease going forward and everything goes super smoothly, but yes, I have a fear that the sheer complexity you have to keep track of COULD become a problem for you in the future.
I do have confidence in your skill and dedication, I just hope when you think/thought about adding a new branch or a new character how it influences the amount of work you have to do each update.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

View attachment 3748564

tldr;

Thanks so much!

You'd be correct!

View attachment 3748456

My friend I see one Mason problem unresolved. His ring finger is ringless atm. But don't worry I'm working on it.

Reactions: GokutheG
4.50 star(s) 188 Votes