NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
It's not finished alpha. Wait for the real deal, should be in a few days or so.
Yeah, currently the game is about 90% there. I needed time to rebuild a set that didn’t work, and finish up a couple scenes. I suspect I have 150ish renders to complete, which will put the update right around 1130 images total.

But, the game does feature the full script/story for the Chapter, as well as 980~ images.

I also unlocked the teaser for Chapter Three at the $5 level, which is just the first couple of scenes with Nicki.

I’ve adjusted the release schedule a bit, and am currently aiming for September 9th for the public release. That should give me enough time to incorporate all the images and animations, Hoping to have a stable Beta out this weekend, with all images and variables fully implemented.

retsamboon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, currently the game is about 90% there. I needed time to rebuild a set that didn’t work, and finish up a couple scenes. I suspect I have 150ish renders to complete, which will put the update right around 1130 images total.

But, the game does feature the full script/story for the Chapter, as well as 980~ images.

I also unlocked the teaser for Chapter Three at the $5 level, which is just the first couple of scenes with Nicki.

I’ve adjusted the release schedule a bit, and am currently aiming for September 9th for the public release. That should give me enough time to incorporate all the images and animations, Hoping to have a stable Beta out this weekend, with all images and variables fully implemented.
NGL, i am damn tempted to get into the $15 dollar patreon cuz i am an impatient dood. but since patreon only allow renew on the first. I suppose i'll wait till then. Wouldnt want to get charge for 3 days then get charge again lol

Reactions: Valkyrian_Arc

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
NGL, i am damn tempted to get into the $15 dollar patreon cuz i am an impatient dood. but since patreon only allow renew on the first. I suppose i'll wait till then. Wouldnt want to get charge for 3 days then get charge again lol
I totally get it! I really wanted to get the update out in the middle of the month to avoid exactly that, but it just didn't work out.

I am going to be retooling my $15 tier next month. I've kind of struggled to make it worthwhile for people, so going forward I'm using it as a playtesting/focus group. So, after the regular Monday Dev Update, I'll send the $15 tier an update with things like roadmaps of the next chapter, exclusive art, script samples, and sections of the completed game. Kind of like serializing the game in small chunks.

This will help me catch bugs early, collect feedback, etc.

All that said, if you can wait until this weekend, I should have a nice Beta version available for $5. :D

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
You may want to consider a $10 tier that, for example, includes everything but the game sections. IMHO, going from $5 to $15 is a bit of a jump.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
You may want to consider a $10 tier that, for example, includes everything but the game sections. IMHO, going from $5 to $15 is a bit of a jump.
I totally get that. But honestly, I try to keep the tiers really streamlined.

$2 - Supporter that just wants to give me a couple bucks a month, follow the game, and get access a day or two early.
$5 - Supporter that wants early access, voting for costumes, and occasional NSFW image packs.
$15 - Super supporter that wants behind the scenes stuff, early access, and extra voting privileges.

I dunno, if I find a way to justify a $10 tier, I wouldn't be opposed. But for now, I can't think of a good way to make it worthwhile. I hate the idea of staggering releases all over the place. I try to keep it really simple as it is now.

General News Update:

I'm just over 1100 images for the update now. If I can power through the bulk of the last scene tonight, letting it all render while I'm at work tomorrow, I should be able to come home and knock out a few remaining scenes, and have the Beta ready on Sunday. Assuming nothing stupid happens, and this dev cycle has been rife with stupid stuff.

This update has well and truly kicked my ass, but it's almost there.

Nicki001.png

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
Looks pretty good. Glad to see that some devs here are more devoted than others despite the support. This should def be a top 50 game by the looks of it.

I'm eager to see some scenes with Madison (the Mom in S3 right?). Not a fan of Ashley or Gabi personally and obv I'd love some more Nikki content.

Reactions: Ragnar

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Looks pretty good. Glad to see that some devs here are more devoted than others despite the support. This should def be a top 50 game by the looks of it.

I'm eager to see some scenes with Madison (the Mom in S3 right?). Not a fan of Ashley or Gabi personally and obv I'd love some more Nikki content.
Heyyy, I appreciate that!

Madison is in Chapter Three, but fair warning, her plot is going to be a bit of a slow burn. It'll be a little bit before the MC's in a position to get her to cheat on her husband. But, Nicki has two separate scenes in this update, depending on how you've played before. There's also a new minor character introduced, who has a scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Heyyy, I appreciate that!

Madison is in Chapter Three, but fair warning, her plot is going to be a bit of a slow burn. It'll be a little bit before the MC's in a position to get her to cheat on her husband. But, Nicki has two separate scenes in this update, depending on how you've played before. There's also a new minor character introduced, who has a scene.

Will u have the choice to turn Nicki down ?

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Will u have the choice to turn Nicki down ?
Yup, following the initial sex interaction with Nicki, 90% of the sex interactions are wholly optional. I'm trying something new with Chapter Four, where there's essentially a "cold open" where you're fucking someone, and how it plays out depends on whether you chose to sleep with that character in Chapter Three. If you chose the nice option, it's a fun, flirty kind of scene. If you chose the mean option, it's more degrading. If you chose not to sleep with them, you're just hanging out.

I'm playing around with it as a way to get a little extra sex into the chapter, without necessarily making an event out of it.

omnis23

Jan 8, 2018
How's the timeline for beta release?
Honestly, I love your game and i'm looking forward to the next episode!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
How's the timeline for beta release?
Honestly, I love your game and i'm looking forward to the next episode!
Hey, thanks! I really appreciate that. I've been posing renders all day, and I'm closing on the end of the final sex scene. Still need about twenty renders to finish it, but my goal is to get them all set up before I go to bed tonight, so they can process all night (and likely into tomorrow, while I'm working..)

Unfortunately I'll be at my day job all day tomorrow, so I won't be able to do much with the game.

I'd like to say I'll have it out Tuesday, and that's the goal, but it all depends on how long it takes me to name the image files, insert them into the script, do a quick bug test, etc. Hoping I can push through posing all the renders tonight, so I come home from work on Tuesday and everything's rendered, leaving me nothing but to work on the script, optimize the images, and put it out.

I'm most likely going to still try to get the public version out this Friday or Saturday. By now all my patrons have had access to the Alpha build at various stages, so they've seen 90% of the game. I don't think it'll hurt to drop the public version close on the heels of the patron release.

Current render total is 1131 completely rendered, another 35 or so posed, and more to go. Chapter Two was just under 1000 renders, so this one grew quite a bit compared to the other.

That said, I'm refining my workflow with the script for Chapter Four, and I'm making it shorter/more concise, so I can get it out without this mad rush to finish. This one has really beat my ass.

omnis23

Jan 8, 2018
Hey, thanks! I really appreciate that. I've been posing renders all day, and I'm closing on the end of the final sex scene. Still need about twenty renders to finish it, but my goal is to get them all set up before I go to bed tonight, so they can process all night (and likely into tomorrow, while I'm working..)

Unfortunately I'll be at my day job all day tomorrow, so I won't be able to do much with the game.

I'd like to say I'll have it out Tuesday, and that's the goal, but it all depends on how long it takes me to name the image files, insert them into the script, do a quick bug test, etc. Hoping I can push through posing all the renders tonight, so I come home from work on Tuesday and everything's rendered, leaving me nothing but to work on the script, optimize the images, and put it out.

I'm most likely going to still try to get the public version out this Friday or Saturday. By now all my patrons have had access to the Alpha build at various stages, so they've seen 90% of the game. I don't think it'll hurt to drop the public version close on the heels of the patron release.

Current render total is 1131 completely rendered, another 35 or so posed, and more to go. Chapter Two was just under 1000 renders, so this one grew quite a bit compared to the other.

That said, I'm refining my workflow with the script for Chapter Four, and I'm making it shorter/more concise, so I can get it out without this mad rush to finish. This one has really beat my ass.

Hello, thanks for responding! I am a big fan of your game and find it so refreshing. From storytelling and charachters to scenes, you have me sold all the way!
I honestly enjoy it and cant wait to get my hands on ch3.
Take all the time you need developing & focus on your real life, job and dont forget to relax :D
This being your first game, I think you have great potential and i'm honestly looking forward to more of your content!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hey, hey - I posted a new on Monday.

3k182.png

As of last night, Chapter 3 passed 1230 renders, and I need another 30 or so to finish it off, which I intend to knock out on Thursday. I already have 12 of those posed, I just need to integrate them into the new environment/set that I built.

But, while I'm stuck at work today, I'm reviewing my code and making sure all the various variables, jumps, etc. work as intended. Tomorrow I'll begin integrating all the images into the script, and that's all she wrote! The Beta will be out late Thursday maybe early Friday. But, I'm betting on late Thursday. I plan to make it available at $5, and the public version will follow on Friday the 16th.

Unfortunately, despite the Chapter being technically done, there's still a few things I want to polish, ahead of the public release. I need to airbrush roughly 30 images that had minor clipping problems that aren't worth spot-rendering to correct. There's a handful of images I want to add, to make conversations flow better. I still need to correct a couple of images with minor issues in Chapter Two. And I only have the images for a couple of my basic animations, so I want to render some of those. And of course it gives my patrons the opportunity to test it, and tell me if anything is broken.

I plan to release the final version to my $2+ patrons on 9/14, and then then make it public on 9/16. Of course, if it leaks, it leaks, so whatever! But, if you want to wait and play the more polished version, there's your timetable.

Other news.. I'm finally launching a Patron-only Discord, now that I can catch my breath a bit. It'll go live alongside the $2 update, but I'm going to try to get it set up and let my higher tier patrons test it first, sometime this weekend.

I also added a new benefit to my $15 tier, where I'm now sharing advanced looks at art, script samples, etc. Yesterday I posted the opening scene of Chapter Four, along with some fun teaser art for Chapter Four, as well as some Chapter THree art nobody had seen yet.

Besides that, I'm just looking forward to taking a nice long nap once this update finally hits. Then it's onto the next one! :D

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

I have no doubt this will become your day job at some point if you keep going, then hopefully we can feast on a lot more friends in need :love:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I have no doubt this will become your day job at some point if you keep going, then hopefully we can feast on a lot more friends in need :love:
That's very kind! But honestly, making it my main job would come with certain problems.. I'd probably have to be way more careful with my content, since it'd be my main income. And I don't know that I'd ever have enough confidence in the whims of tech companies and their payment processors, to put all my eggs in that basket.

Still, it's definitely something I think about. If nothing else, I should probably set out some stretch goals..

NEWS: All images are now complete. The total stands at right around 1280 new images. Currently working on integrating them into the script, compressing them to a more managable size, and putting out the build distributions, and then I'll be all done with the Beta build. Should just be a couple hours, but I'll post something here when it's up on the Patreon.

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes