NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Posted a new !

tldr; working on Mason's scene, and the render count is around 750. Shooting for a March release, but still too early to say if I'll hit that goal.

005_POV Cam.png

Cool idea :D It's nice when there are patron rewards that are a little more interesting than a wallpaper that, for me anyways, doesn't usually scratch that VN itch (y) Hope that didn't sound entitled btw, didn't mean it that way.

I could see this opening up a lot of interesting avenues that might not quite work in the main game. For example, you said that the MC had issues with his mother; if you ever wanted to give the player a first-person perspective of the MC as a child/adolescent/teen and the way his mother treated him, but felt that a flashback would be too corny or something, this would be the perfect avenue :D Things like that I find fascinating, finding out sort of what makes the MC or other side characters tick, things the girls do when they're not with the MC, and so on.

This is like 2-3 renders right? Guessing if you were to make this a thing, it'd have to be in the sub-10 render range to make it economical and not get in the way of the main game? Don't know how long a render usually takes to make.
Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking that something like this would make the waits between updates a little more bearable, and give patrons something close to the game, without actually requiring me to render and code a bunch of stuff. Part of me would love to actually do these as mini-games, but ack. I know myself, and it would quickly spin out of control. But hey, Viola's model is freely available in the fanart thread, if anyone wanted to take a crack at it.. :unsure:

For sure! I'd love to use these short stories to fill in details in characters' backgrounds. I think the next one will be about Ashe or Carolina.. I did that photoset detailing Ashe's failed attempt at modeling, and I think that could make a fun, sexy little short story.

This one was five renders, and that's probably about where I'll keep them at. From start to finish, the whole short story + art took about three hours, so it's not a terrible time sink. The worst part is just creating new sets/models for locations we haven't seen yet. But once I have those, the posing and rendering goes pretty quickly.

Out of interest, will these also get release to wider public at some point? If so that would be great, especially when we get to see Gabby's and Ashe's short stories :love:
Definitely! I know some folks can't support the Patreon for whatever reason, and I don't want to keep any story content walled off from them. My plan is to make it open to everyone in two weeks!

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Definitely! I know some folks can't support the Patreon for whatever reason, and I don't want to keep any story content walled off from them. My plan is to make it open to everyone in two weeks!
That's great, i for one rarely have any money to throw as a support for content creators i enjoy, being poor sucks, plus i have so many i would love to support if i had that money, more than i could, so in the end i end up in choice paralysis. And so far this is one of those games i definitely enjoy enough that if i had the chance, i would support at least once by the amount i normally pay for games (especially if Gabby and Ashe gain way more content). :p

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
At some point it could by in the game as "side story" in the main menu that you unlock while playing or something like that.
Only real problem is that it's a lot of dense text that I don't know would necessarily read well via a Ren'py game.. But, I could always just put a Word file in the game folder, with the story and art in it. :unsure:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Only real problem is that it's a lot of dense text that I don't know would necessarily read well via a Ren'py game.. But, I could always just put a Word file in the game folder, with the story and art in it. :unsure:
You could make it a text-based HTML mini-game. A lot of those thrive even though they have walls of text.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Felt a bit stymied on the Mason scene I was doing yesterday, so I jumped ahead to do one with Risa and Carolina. I decided to toss these two together and see how they played off each other, and I think it's one of those peanut butter and chocolate moments. Each is better for the other's presence.

003 A.png

I did knock out the whole Lina/Risa scene (20+ images) so now it's back to Mason!

abgazil

Jul 27, 2018
Felt a bit stymied on the Mason scene I was doing yesterday, so I jumped ahead to do one with Risa and Carolina. I decided to toss these two together and see how they played off each other, and I think it's one of those peanut butter and chocolate moments. Each is better for the other's presence.

View attachment 2452328

I did knock out the whole Lina/Risa scene (20+ images) so now it's back to Mason!
Does not look like there is any love lost between them! Super excited to see what you've been cooking up once it's ready

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Does not look like there is any love lost between them! Super excited to see what you've been cooking up once it's ready
Well, Risa doesn't have what one might call a 'traditional' work ethic. Tends to grate on a more structured person like Carolina. Who knows, maybe they'll even each other out!

And thanks for the patience! I think it'll be worth the wait.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
As much as i am curious to see how we will handle Mason scenes with a good Guy i am also dreading to see the rapist Guy version of it. Know my morbid curiosity will make me check it before reloading a save...:oops::p

Jdubya

Jul 7, 2017
I'm jonesing for an update to this game. Such a hidden gem. I went back and replayed to make sure I had a "canon" save, and couldn't believe how good the writing was. Well done dev.

I would love to see the ability to name saves on this one, since all of the paths are so good. The most violent of the patch content isn't really my cup of tea, but since it seems to be the only way to get Nicki Anal and body writing content I'll soldier through. I find myself most enjoying the "middle" path, i.e. the coercive asshole, but they're all genuinely enjoyable.

Playing around in the dev console, I noticed some (I assume) unused variables. gabbydrunk, gabbyfucked, madsleepsex, etc If I'm missing those scenes somehow, someone please let me know how to trigger them. Otherwise, hopefully something to look forward to in the future.

Keep up the great work dev, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the update when it's ready.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I'm jonesing for an update to this game. Such a hidden gem. I went back and replayed to make sure I had a "canon" save, and couldn't believe how good the writing was. Well done dev.

I would love to see the ability to name saves on this one, since all of the paths are so good. The most violent of the patch content isn't really my cup of tea, but since it seems to be the only way to get Nicki Anal and body writing content I'll soldier through. I find myself most enjoying the "middle" path, i.e. the coercive asshole, but they're all genuinely enjoyable.

Playing around in the dev console, I noticed some (I assume) unused variables. gabbydrunk, gabbyfucked, madsleepsex, etc If I'm missing those scenes somehow, someone please let me know how to trigger them. Otherwise, hopefully something to look forward to in the future.

Keep up the great work dev, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the update when it's ready.
Hey, thanks so much! Very kind of you to say that. Rest assured I'm hard at work. Closing in on 850 renders for the new version, and I've likely got another 350+ to do. It'll be a big update, covering a whole lot of ground. Trying really hard to finish it this month, but I've got a huge scene with Ashe to render, so we'll see how that goes.

There is a mod to add save names to the game, so hopefully that makes your life easier.

Regarding anal with Nicki, if you finger her butt in Chapter Three when she's doing reverse cowgirl with you, she mentions she might like to explore more anal activities. So, there's definitely some potential in the love path. And you can be nice in Chapter One, and then still have sex with her in Chapter Three in the bathroom, having anal sex if your 'mcdark' score is high enough. That kind of lets you be a jerk, and get onto her domination path without being a total asshole in Chapter One.

Ahhh, I didn't realize those variables were still in there. Those are actually from the very first build of the game. Once I release the next installment, I actually planned to put that first draft version out as a text-only game, since it's kind of an interesting little glimpse at what might have been. It was fully written all the way through Chapter Four, and I basically chucked it all in the trash. :'D Among other things, that version featured sex with Gabby upon your first meeting with her (including drunk and sober versions), a second sex event the following night, a sex event with Madison, and an earlier introduction of Cassie. Also, Mason wasn't introduced until Chapter Four, Alex was named 'Max' and her intro was different, and Nicki's assistant duties were mostly done over the phone, so you didn't interact with her as much. And there was no Ashe, Pepper, Carolina, Brittani, Risa, Viola, or Jamie.

Jdubya

Jul 7, 2017
And you can be nice in Chapter One, and then still have sex with her in Chapter Three in the bathroom, having anal sex if your 'mcdark' score is high enough. That kind of lets you be a jerk, and get onto her domination path without being a total asshole in Chapter One.
Oh nice I hadn't found that path. On my "nice" playthrough, I guess I didn't have enough dark points to get the bathroom anal to trigger, and had assumed it was a dead end unless I forced it in the first chapter. I'll have to experiment more with that route. Is there anything between the nice guy path and the really rapey one that gets you anal with Nicki? From what I can tell, if you have sex with her in the bathroom you're just kind of locked onto the abuse route. I really like the "degraded" Ashe and Gabby type content. Subtle manipulation and corruption as opposed to physical violence

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Oh nice I hadn't found that path. On my "nice" playthrough, I guess I didn't have enough dark points to get the bathroom anal to trigger, and had assumed it was a dead end unless I forced it in the first chapter. I'll have to experiment more with that route. Is there anything between the nice guy path and the really rapey one that gets you anal with Nicki? From what I can tell, if you have sex with her in the bathroom you're just kind of locked onto the abuse route. I really like the "degraded" Ashe and Gabby type content. Subtle manipulation and corruption as opposed to physical violence
Yeah, if you're on Nicki's nice paths and choose to have sex with her in the bathroom, it puts you on her dark path - but there are some nuances to that, too. If you have a low 'mcdark' score from being basically decent elsewhere, you get different dialogue separating it from the standard dark path. It kinda transforms it into more of an aggressive dom/sub relationship, than an abusive one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Right now, that allows you split the difference between being a nice guy, and a dick. You can also do the dark path, refuse to do anything with her in Chapter Three, and then have sex with her in the hot tub, while being a dick about it. That puts you onto kind of a dark-aligned friends-with-benefits path. Basically the same as the friend path, but you'll have future possibilities to ask her for sex.

But, I also try to keep the paths kind of open for anything. The next update has big moments for Gabby's dark path, allowing you to commit to one route or the other. You can be a dick to Gabby, and then ease off a bit (setting you up for her sugarbaby path) or double-down and get onto her dark path. But, no matter what path you're on, I still give you the option to just reverse course and move things back in a friendlier direction.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If you hurt Viola you deserve to be gang raped by a mob of goblins. :devilish::ROFLMAO:
Be good to her. Period.

Seriosuly i think that only applies to the instances he mentioned above (Gabby and Nicki).
I concur. I have no problems with hardcore stuff even if you cross the line with someone who is a cunt. But Viola is just a sweet gal in a bad spot. Preying on the innocent is not as interesting as preying on some deviant like Brittany for example.
The middle path with Viola can be interesting tho. Somethinfg like soft corruption instead of plain rape.

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
If you hurt Viola you deserve to be gang raped by a mob of goblins. :devilish::ROFLMAO:
Be good to her. Period.

Seriosuly i think that only applies to the instances he mentioned above (Gabby and Nicki).
Not kink shamin' ofc but why goblins? Viola rape is a cool scene, still I think noone kept save after scene cause it's totally end of her relationship with MC :KEK: I think 2 routes standard is unnecessery for every Character, and there are lot of characters (and heavy burden for future updates) still, she can have her dark route in future and that scene is dark variant of "not pursue"/"not interested"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard
4.50 star(s) 193 Votes