Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Post #6062 has a link to the full version that works with the patch on the OP. The game link on the OP is vanilla version and cuts out aggressive stuff. The patch does NOT work for it.
taboo path link? perfect thank you :)

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
lol guys lets not pretend the game doesn't already push the boundaries of what is even remotely possible. decision to not make more "dark" content is entirely Neon's personal choice, either he isn't comfortable with such stuff, or whatever. and that is totally fine, but it's so funny to read all the nonsense that is written to rationalize this decision any other way.
well fuck me, I take my words back. wtf was that Ashe's dark path "date" lol. shit's going wild

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Friends in Need [v0.4 Subscribestar] [NeonGhosts]

NOTE: This works with the taboo patch, vanilla version does not

NOTE 2: Patch included, but not applied

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Oh yeah this was this game where that Nicki patch is the best ending to this game ever. I don't care for a second to continue this game if that bitch is involved.

If only this time I remembered to hit the ignore button.
I just don't get it. I hate Erynn from Intertwined with the white-hot intensity of a million burning suns but I'm still not going to stop playing the game even though I can't seem to get rid of her. Yet somehow the Nikki hate is sufficient to ruin an entire game even though her deficient qualities are the only reason it exists. Kind of like Erynn, now that I think about it.

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
Well the dev has already changed his vision, enough people cried about the darker version of the game, and it has all been removed. Another spineless dev caving to the squeaky babies that want the game changed to their own tastes.
Shame really, was one of my favorites, now it's just a run of the mill nice guy helping people...I do that in real life, I play this crap to take a step on the wild side and sometimes let the demon out to play a bit.
No it was only removed from patreon because of the controversial content. If you get it on subscribestar or here. It's still the dark version. Patch installed, just navigate into game folder and set the patch = False to patch = True.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Well the dev has already changed his vision, enough people cried about the darker version of the game, and it has all been removed. Another spineless dev caving to the squeaky babies that want the game changed to their own tastes.
Shame really, was one of my favorites, now it's just a run of the mill nice guy helping people...I do that in real life, I play this crap to take a step on the wild side and sometimes let the demon out to play a bit.
nothing got removed, there is separated "light" version without dark path called "Friends Indeed" made for patreon and steam
but main "Friends In Need" still have everything

Reactions: Eland51298

sirpedro7

Jan 10, 2022
Error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 1132, in script
if (virel == 0 or virel == 3) and vihumiliation <= 0 :
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 1132, in <module>
NameError: name 'vihumiliation' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 1132, in script
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-8.1.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-8.1.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-8.1.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 1132, in <module>
NameError: name 'vihumiliation' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Friends Indeed v. 0.4
Wed Aug 23 15:53:15 2023

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
well fuck me, I take my words back. wtf was that Ashe's dark path "date" lol. shit's going wild
Played through once with my save for this Ashe date as friendly path with URM installed. Noticed the amount of paths it had with different type of relationship with Ashe. Rerun the save and changed Ashe relationship type with console just to see how it plays out again and holy shit..... Poor girl :ROFLMAO:

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018
I just don't get it. I hate Erynn from Intertwined with the white-hot intensity of a million burning suns but I'm still not going to stop playing the game even though I can't seem to get rid of her. Yet somehow the Nikki hate is sufficient to ruin an entire game even though her deficient qualities are the only reason it exists. Kind of like Erynn, now that I think about it.
I left that game a long time ago. Is it explained why that li was a prostitute and why did she go out with the idiot or not? And did she either abandon the jerk already or continue with him lol. It was very annoying that she bothered the mc because him was dating other people but she was dating another guy even though she was supposedly forced or something like that lmao.

johanes

May 14, 2017
Could someone be a dear and upload the taboo patch to a different hosting site. workupload is not loading for me. >.>

braiden

Oct 2, 2017
I'm sorry if I missed it, I did look, but what is the difference between the versions? vanilla v regular?

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes