Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
it won't be one based on the foundation of love, but one created with the girls based on the promise of wealth, power, security, fame, and/or luxury.
More like one based on fear if what I've read from players here is true.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
More like one based on fear if what I've read from players here is true.
No, that's just the dark path, and it seems like most characters are eventually just going to run away (or worse) on those paths based on what we've seen so far. The 'corruption' paths aren't the same thing, like Gabby's sugar daddy path.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
No, that's just the dark path, and it seems like most characters are eventually just going to run away (or worse) on those paths based on what we've seen so far. The 'corruption' paths aren't the same thing, like Gabby's sugar daddy path.
So, technically I don't need the patch then? I don't go dark or corruption.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SlapE

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
So, technically I don't need the patch then? I don't go dark or corruption.
Nope not really, unless you plan to check out some Cassie content when the time comes. :p

Or will incest content come with the base "Friends in Need" game in the future? :unsure: (I believe I remember seeing it mentioned that it would now that I'm thinking about it) Cause "Friends Indeed" is the patreon friendly version.

Reactions: Foxy-Sama

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nope not really, unless you plan to check out some Cassie content when the time comes. :p

Or will incest content come with the base "Friends in Need" game in the future? :unsure: (I believe I remember seeing it mentioned that it would now that I'm thinking about it) Cause "Friends Indeed" is the patreon friendly version.
Say what now? I don't remember that. But hey, if that happens, I'll make a new save for her. lol

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
In that case I'm definitely going to keep using the patch despite not playing the dark paths. Cause incest roleplay with Ashe, and in the future Cassie content, I definitely want that. :p
I'm in the same boat im not much off a fan of the dark stuff it's a bit much for me when it's the MC doing it which is ironic cause I could stomach it more if it was someone else.( Not that I would want it to happen in the first place). But the incest roleplay was actually pretty hot.

• Red Heart

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Personally, even if I hated dark/corruption content or even incest content, I would still use the patch because it's the author's true vision as intended that is mostly void of Patreon's present and future fuckery and the author's inevitable overly-cautious self-censorship because of it.

Reactions: Foxy-Sama

tuskedkibbles

Mar 27, 2018
I'm a bit confused about the time table. Is the chapter one redo coming after this next update, or is the remake what Neon is planning to release around Christmas?

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I'm a bit confused about the time table. Is the chapter one redo coming after this next update, or is the remake what Neon is planning to release around Christmas?
The next update will be around Christmas or maybe early January depending how smoothly everything goes. Then he will start work on the rework afterwards starting in January if I had to guess.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The next update will be around Christmas or maybe early January depending how smoothly everything goes. Then he will start work on the rework afterwards starting in January if I had to guess.
I was under the impression the reworked chapter one comes with the next update, hence why he said it will break all saves (and why I was pissed as I have 17 save paths grrrr).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That is frustrating. :(
for sure. Normally doesn't bother me too much...ctr skip can be quick...but we're too far into this one with too many LI's and branching paths...bah...I do find it infuriating though when devs fuck about like this...hopefully it will be once and done...unlike some other VN's where every other update seems to require a damn restart.

• Hey there
Reactions: MixQQ

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I think he said that he's gonna focus on sound when the game is much further along or maybe even complete, I don't remember. But right now, no. You should give a shot anyways, though, you might be surprised :D
Yeahhh, this is one of those things where I want to do it right, or not at all. Just writing and doing the art takes a ton of time, so adding one more thing to the pile would just further slow development time. I mean, it took me a full day just to plug in 250 images, test a build, and blah blah blah.. Imagine if I had to add music and sound, too! ;_;

But, it'll get there eventually.

On this: a lot of the corruption paths start off as dark paths, including Gabby and Ashe's. Gabby will have the opportunity to pursue more of a nice/FWB sugarbaby path later, but for now it's kind of locked to the dark path. Likewise, Ashe's blackmail/corruption path begins as a pretty dubcon scenario. I'd like to try addressing this by basically splitting those early interactions into two paths: a dark one and a lighter one.

So, maybe instead of just punish-fucking Ashe as hard as he can, MC actually tries to make it good for her, too. She might leave still pissed at him, but now a little intrigued. Instead of coercing Gabby into giving him a handjob, maybe he eases into things with some reluctant making out and heavy petting.

I've been trying to be a little more cognizant of this as I go through later chapters, giving players the opportunity to be a little dark, without going whole hog. Paying Viola to strip and masturbate, strip-searching Pepper for "valid" reasons, etc.

I was under the impression the reworked chapter one comes with the next update, hence why he said it will break all saves (and why I was pissed as I have 17 save paths grrrr).
Nope, we've got one more chapter to go, and then the remake.

I totally get that it's annoying, and I understand why people would've wanted me to get into the remake earlier. But, I'm trying to get the story to a good cliffhanger ending, before I pull back and redo Chapter One. I want people to play this next one and feel hyped for what's coming -- enough so that they don't mind me moving backwards for a bit.

For anyone wondering why I need to redo the first chapter, there's a few reasons.
  • I don't think that first chapter is very strong, or indicative of what the game/story becomes, and reviews tend to bear that out.
  • I learned how to code in Ren'py while making this game, and it shows. I'll be able to do things like move all the variables into well-ordered groups, remove and add certain variables that'd make keep track of relationship dynamics easier, and break up the chapters into individual .rpy files, to keep better track of them.
  • With a pause in developing a new chapter, I can focus on cleaning up little things in the art, that I've never had the time to do properly. Viola still has her skin clipping through her shirt in some places, and that was like.. Six releases ago. :/
I get that it's frustrating, but I've put out seven releases at a pretty good pace, so hopefully folks can forgive me while I take some time to catch my breath, and work on some stuff that's been bugging me for the last two years.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
On this: a lot of the corruption paths start off as dark paths, including Gabby and Ashe's. Gabby will have the opportunity to pursue more of a nice/FWB sugarbaby path later, but for now it's kind of locked to the dark path. Likewise, Ashe's blackmail/corruption path begins as a pretty dubcon scenario. I'd like to try addressing this by basically splitting those early interactions into two paths: a dark one and a lighter one.

So, maybe instead of just punish-fucking Ashe as hard as he can, MC actually tries to make it good for her, too. She might leave still pissed at him, but now a little intrigued. Instead of coercing Gabby into giving him a handjob, maybe he eases into things with some reluctant making out and heavy petting.

I've been trying to be a little more cognizant of this as I go through later chapters, giving players the opportunity to be a little dark, without going whole hog. Paying Viola to strip and masturbate, strip-searching Pepper for "valid" reasons, etc.
Thanks for the clarification, and it's cool that you're going to address this by adding some branching to the early interactions to get to the corruption paths differently. I've not been playing the dark paths, and the only corruption paths I have a save for are the Nicki submission path and the Viola corruption path (forget what it's called).

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the clarification, and it's cool that you're going to address this by adding some branching to the early interactions to get to the corruption paths differently. I've not been playing the dark paths, and the only corruption paths I have a save for are the Nicki submission path and the Viola corruption path (forget what it's called).
OMG, now I think I need the walktrough to test some other paths.

• Yay, new update!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
OMG, now I think I need the walktrough to test some other paths.
It's the only way really to make sure you get on certain specific paths...why I have so many saves heh. There really is a lot of branching in this...it's a very well written and complex VN, mnore than it appears at first look.

Yeahhh, this is one of those things where I want to do it right, or not at all. Just writing and doing the art takes a ton of time, so adding one more thing to the pile would just further slow development time. I mean, it took me a full day just to plug in 250 images, test a build, and blah blah blah.. Imagine if I had to add music and sound, too! ;_;

But, it'll get there eventually.

Nope, we've got one more chapter to go, and then the remake.

I totally get that it's annoying, and I understand why people would've wanted me to get into the remake earlier. But, I'm trying to get the story to a good cliffhanger ending, before I pull back and redo Chapter One. I want people to play this next one and feel hyped for what's coming -- enough so that they don't mind me moving backwards for a bit.

For anyone wondering why I need to redo the first chapter, there's a few reasons.
  • I don't think that first chapter is very strong, or indicative of what the game/story becomes, and reviews tend to bear that out.
  • I learned how to code in Ren'py while making this game, and it shows. I'll be able to do things like move all the variables into well-ordered groups, remove and add certain variables that'd make keep track of relationship dynamics easier, and break up the chapters into individual .rpy files, to keep better track of them.
  • With a pause in developing a new chapter, I can focus on cleaning up little things in the art, that I've never had the time to do properly. Viola still has her skin clipping through her shirt in some places, and that was like.. Six releases ago. :/
I get that it's frustrating, but I've put out seven releases at a pretty good pace, so hopefully folks can forgive me while I take some time to catch my breath, and work on some stuff that's been bugging me for the last two years.
Ahh I must have misunderstood a previous post of yours. Exploring every single path/route/branch in your excellent Vn takes time, so I will unfortunately be skipping the next update then....I'll wait for the chapter one rework and then catch up with all the saves I have knowing I (hopefully) won't need to do all that again.

Regardless, it wasn't a slight, this is one of my favourite VN's with one of my favourite VN characters, I'll look forward to where it eventually heads.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes