xert13

Sep 24, 2023
I'm not sure what you did, so I'll ask step by step.
1. Did you make sure to download Friends in Need and not Friends Indeed?
2. Did you place the patch in FriendsInNeed-0.4\game ?
3. Did you delete the persistence file in FriendsInNeed-0.4\game\saves and in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\FriendsinNeed2-1641753492 ?
Thanks Man! Deletion of the persistence file was key. Never would have thought of that. Works now...wow, so dark. Thanks again

killtor

Jul 15, 2020
3. Did you delete the persistence file in FriendsInNeed-0.4\game\saves and in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\FriendsinNeed2-1641753492 ?
Thx

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think it's a smart idea to take inspiration from people you know in real life to make characters in these games
Maybe that's one of the reasons why these characters feel more real than other games?

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I wasn't aware that the patch variable would be stored in a 'persistent' file, never even knew about it until now. Interesting. I would think that starting a fresh new game after doing everything else correctly would enable the patch for the new game :unsure:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I wasn't aware that the patch variable would be stored in a 'persistent' file, never even knew about it until now. Interesting. I would think that starting a fresh new game after doing everything else correctly would enable the patch for the new game :unsure:
Sometimes you have to. I learned that a long time ago from some of the veteran AVN players here.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Is this VN gonna FORCE you to CHOOSE ONE of the LI(GIRL) In the END? :unsure: :rolleyes:
Well it depends, if you're into romance you aren't going to be romancing all the girls at the same time at a certain point at least, once things get more serious and they start wanting commitment. However, Neon has mentioned in the past about plans to do a 'corruption' harem ending, it won't be one based on the foundation of love, but one created with the girls based on the promise of wealth, power, security, fame, and/or luxury.

If you're fine with that kind of harem then, perhaps you would enjoy it, however even on the more loving/romantic side of things, there will be poly relationships that will be possible. These would likely include both open relationships, where you'll be able to date multiple girls and they'll be fine with it, or possible polyamorous relationships where you will be in a three-way/four-way relationship with multiple women at the same time. (These poly relationships could possibly include Mason too, figured it was worth mentioning since I kept saying girls/women) :p

Who knows for sure how all these relationships will develop and play out, only time will tell. It's an amazing game anyways and definitely worth checking out. ;)

4.50 star(s) 200 Votes