Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
FYI: Completed a new build of the game (0.57) which gets the chapter to a better ending. Adds 60ish images and a handful of scenes to 0.55. It goes out to $2 patrons on Thursday. :D
Hey NeonGhosts
I Really liked the start of the chapter with Nicki.
Her whole arc this update was awesome I really liked that she can be our official girlfriend now

And those scenes with Brittani in the grocery store were awesome too
Her mum doesn't seem very nice though I feel bad for Brittani.

Reactions: botc76

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
Her mum doesn't seem very nice though I feel bad for Brittani.
Brittani's mother is a slut like her daughter. A slut with pretensions, but a slut nonetheless.

I really want to humiliate her. The mother and, well, the daughter too. But in some gameplay I'm being nice to Brittani, and she's a kind girl. But her mother must be put on the ground, and she must learn her place in the most cruel way. There is no love and affection for her.

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
FYI: Completed a new build of the game (0.57) which gets the chapter to a better ending. Adds 60ish images and a handful of scenes to 0.55. It goes out to $2 patrons on Thursday. :D
Where is version 0.57? I'm on Suscribestar, but the version there seems the same as the public/vanilla one. I mean, no sex scenes there. I don't know if it's a mistake, if that's just how things are, or if I'm doing something wrong.

RainbowRobo

May 9, 2023
Brittani's mother is a slut like her daughter. A slut with pretensions, but a slut nonetheless.

I really want to humiliate her. The mother and, well, the daughter too. But in some gameplay I'm being nice to Brittani, and she's a kind girl. But her mother must be put on the ground, and she must learn her place in the most cruel way. There is no love and affection for her.
in some light, that sounds downright sociopathic. like... "behave as it pleases me, or i rain hell down upon you"

But really? Is that so bad? Like... Good people should get good things, bad people should get bad things, but since there's nothing and nobody actually enforcing that, why not have the power fantasy of making that happen, as a good guy i mean?

I guess what i'm really trying to say is that I want to play light path MC, but for a few select people just hire a fixer to like... Arrange debilitating unfortunate accidents for a few of the people in the game. Like that homeless guy who steals Masons back pack. Or Brittanis boyfriend. Or probably her mom too to read about it. Though it's a little late to make that a christmas wish i suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: botc76 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
in some light, that sounds downright sociopathic. like... "behave as it pleases me, or i rain hell down upon you"

But really? Is that so bad? Like... Good people should get good things, bad people should get bad things, but since there's nothing and nobody actually enforcing that, why not have the power fantasy of making that happen, as a good guy i mean?

I guess what i'm really trying to say is that I want to play light path MC, but for a few select people just hire a fixer to like... Arrange debilitating unfortunate accidents for a few of the people in the game. Like that homeless guy who steals Masons back pack. Or Brittanis boyfriend. Or probably her mom too to read about it. Though it's a little late to make that a christmas wish i suppose.
Think you miss the number one candidate in Nicki's ex. If there is one extra reason for MC to bail out Gabby's dad and get some criminal connections possibly it would be him in my book :p

soldano

Jan 29, 2018

I don't know if I understand you correctly. But really, and joking aside, Britanni's mother is a terrible person. To begin with she is xenophobic, but she is also selfish, a bad mother and self-interested. And that, in two or three lines of dialogue. If we knew her more, it is likely that more pearls would come to light. As Guy says (paraphrasing from memory): "pretty on the outside but rotten on the inside."

And she literally is a slut. Brittani too, by the way. But the fact that they are both sluts is nothing bad in itself.

If you're speaking from Guy's moral point of view, in the sense that doing a bad deed to someone bad turns it into a good deed, well, there would be a lot to argue about that and this probably isn't the place. I will only say that I believe that good actions must be good in and of themselves, and not depend on anything. Let's take the example of those clowns that bother Guy on the street. It could be that the money they raise is for a good deed (although it doesn't really seem like this from the context). But let's say yes, they raise money to build an orphanage. Well, building the orphanage itself is a good thing. But since they are doing it to gain notoriety, so that others see how good persons they are, it is not right. That good deed is not good in an absolute moral sense. It is an action that depends on selfishness. Therefore, doing bad things to someone bad is not morally good. Because the action is not born from the will to do good, but from the will to repay (if that is the case). That is in broad strokes what I think about the subject.

Reactions: pranabray

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Where is version 0.57? I'm on Suscribestar, but the version there seems the same as the public/vanilla one. I mean, no sex scenes there. I don't know if it's a mistake, if that's just how things are, or if I'm doing something wrong.
I'm slowly converting the download links as the files upload. I had a bit of insomnia and woke up around 3AM, so I decided to compile the new version. But, I'm at my day job, and waiting for the files to upload.

Currently Friends in Need 0.57 (PC) and Friends Indeed 0.57 (MAC) are available on their respective platforms, as well as Discord.

As for the sex scenes, Chapter 8's just a little light in that regard. There's two with Nicki (love path and corruption/domination), one for Ashe (dark path), one teasing scene for Britt (dark path), and webcam content with Pepper.

There's also this scene, which I suspect a lot of people didn't get..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I'm slowly converting the download links as the files upload. I had a bit of insomnia and woke up around 3AM, so I decided to compile the new version. But, I'm at my day job, and waiting for the files to upload.

Currently Friends in Need 0.57 (PC) and Friends Indeed 0.57 (MAC) are available on their respective platforms, as well as Discord.

As for the sex scenes, Chapter 8's just a little light in that regard. There's two with Nicki (love path and corruption/domination), one for Ashe (dark path), one teasing scene for Britt (dark path), and webcam content with Pepper.

I did get that yo. There is actually an ashe scene?

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022

I did get by going into folder territory because to many variables and my curiosity is enormous.

I sadly missed dearly Viola content boss.
green-mile-im-tired-boss.gif

Just a tidbit is a little confusing the chapter 8 was not chapter 4 before? Thanks for the glorious work btw.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I did get by going into folder territory because to many variables and my curiosity is enormous.

I sadly missed dearly Viola content boss.

Just a tidbit is a little confusing the chapter 8 was not chapter 4 before? Thanks for the glorious work btw.
I miss Viola, too. :<

On the chapters.. I'd planned to wait and relabel everything once I rebooted Chapter One, but decided to say screw it and just start now. Basically, Chapter Four was broken into parts One, Two, and Three. Which was dumb, but I had my reasons at the time. But all it did was confuse people, and give the impression we were only four updates in. Sooo, I just decided to start using the numbering scheme I'll be using going forward.

When I redo Chapter One, and go through to touch up the following chapters, I'm going to insert title cards between chapters, too. Make the whole thing a bit more intuitive.

Askwad

Apr 10, 2019
I've a question. Is the vanilla version ahead of the taboo version? And are they updated separately as in this time only the vanilla version got an update or?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I feel really bad for Brittani.
Her mum might not give a damn about her, but I do.

I'm going to help her however I can.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
All the rape fetishists announcing they won't stick around if there's consequences.

Me: View attachment 3226246

Maybe just enjoy what you enjoy and let others enjoy what they enjoy? I find it quite sad that in a thread of a quality game like this one, the romance fans again and again try to kink shame the people who enjoy the dark path.

The path is in the game for a reason, obviously Neonghost wanted to write it, so maybe if you like his game, show some respect for his work and don't treat people who enjoy a different part than you do as if they are to be condemned for that.
Certainly, there is absolutely no need to gloat and be happy that some are disappointed by the direction their path took.

I can even kind of understand them, the game spends a lot of time just letting you be really dark in your behaviour towards the girls, and I honestly didn't expect a change in tone that strong.
It doesn't affect me personally, because I only check the dark path out of curiosity sometimes, but I think if I played the dark path, the last chapter would have surprised me as well.
But I like the girls too much (except for Risa, she honestly annoys the hell out of me for now).

Last edited:

depeche mode

Jul 4, 2023

how the fuck do you get those scenes. there is the 0.4 download who ends after brittani and the chapter 8 or whatever that is only vanilla.
what a fucking mess of a update format

RainbowRobo

May 9, 2023
Think you miss the number one candidate in Nicki's ex. If there is one extra reason for MC to bail out Gabby's dad and get some criminal connections possibly it would be him in my book :p
I didn't forget as much as i figure that fucker is gonna get his legs broken by a loan shark all on his own...

But maybe afterwards he can also accidentally fall down some stairs, sure!

I don't know if I understand you correctly. But really, and joking aside, Britanni's mother is a terrible person. To begin with she is xenophobic, but she is also selfish, a bad mother and self-interested. And that, in two or three lines of dialogue. If we knew her more, it is likely that more pearls would come to light. As Guy says (paraphrasing from memory): "pretty on the outside but rotten on the inside."

And she literally is a slut. Brittani too, by the way. But the fact that they are both sluts is nothing bad in itself.

If you're speaking from Guy's moral point of view, in the sense that doing a bad deed to someone bad turns it into a good deed, well, there would be a lot to argue about that and this probably isn't the place. I will only say that I believe that good actions must be good in and of themselves, and not depend on anything. Let's take the example of those clowns that bother Guy on the street. It could be that the money they raise is for a good deed (although it doesn't really seem like this from the context). But let's say yes, they raise money to build an orphanage. Well, building the orphanage itself is a good thing. But since they are doing it to gain notoriety, so that others see how good persons they are, it is not right. That good deed is not good in an absolute moral sense. It is an action that depends on selfishness. Therefore, doing bad things to someone bad is not morally good. Because the action is not born from the will to do good, but from the will to repay (if that is the case). That is in broad strokes what I think about the subject.
You're quite correct that this isn't really the place to examine in depth the nature of morality. But if the MC keeps encountering setbacks on the 'good' path, he has the means to have them dealt with, and even if he is otherwise motivated by being a good person, it does not mean he has to otherwise be "live and let live".

I mean the idea that doing nothing is all that needs to be done for terrible things to happen has always been more important to me than the specific motives or the specific actions of people. For me, passive apathy by those able is a greater 'evil' in the face of actual harm being done that could be prevented, than the flawed intentions of the vainglorious. But that's all subjective, up to and including what "doing bad things" to people could be. From exposing them for their own crimes, to manufacturing some level of harassment to their daily lives, to pushing them down the stairs after a loan shark broke their legs...

But, and this is key, the most important detail by far, I'm still pissed off about the fucker stealing the backpack.

Reactions: xmlt
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes