Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
Should i download and play the latest update or wait? im not sure if its a complete update or not..

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
the fact that the dev will remake the first chapters to explain better the entire nicki storyine and add some semlance of a character to the mc? or the fact that every single bad thing revolves about sexual abuse coercion?
I think the main reason he's reworking Nicki is that the interation have proven very controversial. A reason more why i would have kept it the way it is, but who am i?

Maevos

May 4, 2019
Should i download and play the latest update or wait? im not sure if its a complete update or not..
It's a beta update and it's missing a few things. Even if you play it, do not overwrite your main save. You'll get errors on that save file when you play the full update.

Reactions: Guz007

The Anti

Nov 12, 2018

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
I feel like the stakes got so much higher. Suddenly it's not about helping or "helping" people down on their luck, it's about taking down a criminal organization. This isn't a task for a single guy, no matter how well-trained he is, or how many guns he has. It's a job for a group of professionals and it takes a long time.
Unless the writer plans the Guy hiring people to do this work, I don't foresee this staying grounded.
Also, the Bad Guy will be allowed to join them, right? It would only make sense.

BadMoonZ

Jul 21, 2023
Criminal elements have been a part of the game since literally Chapter One. Like, literally the very first installment of the game, when Nicki hinted towards a predatory loanshark bothering her and Brent. I could sit here and explain how every girl's plotline brushes up against drugs and coercive sex work, but I'll spare myself.
They have been, I'm not disputing that. But up until this point they've always had a degree of separation from the MC. They have been in other character's backstory, or the events have happened elsewhere and been relayed to the MC. I don't see why you can't understand that this fundamentally changes things. It doesn't even have to be a bad thing, but it certainly changes the tone of the AVN.

I get that you're getting a lot of criticism that you think is unwarranted, I'm not trying to give you grief. I just want to articulate my thoughts on an AVN that I consider one of the best and amongst my favourites.

At the end of the day this is a discussion board, we're all here to talk about these AVNs, that includes people who might have more negative things to say than positive.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
so... all i´m reading the last couple of pages is about risa. So i guess there is no Brittani content in this update and this statement isn´t accurate anymore? huh.JPG

or did i just miss an update?

Reactions: jw1221

komfolk

Aug 29, 2022
can someone explain to me what is? There's only a little bit more content after the demo and theres only vanilla choices ?

Jaydota

Nov 19, 2020
beautiful people, a question from my ignorance, what is the difference between friends in need and friends indeed? apart from censorship or is it just that?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
can someone explain to me what is? There's only a little bit more content after the demo and theres only vanilla choices ?
beautiful people, a question from my ignorance, what is the difference between friends in need and friends indeed? apart from censorship or is it just that?
Friends Indeed = Patreon version - censored version, darkest content disabled

Friends in Need = Subscribestar version - full version game - 100% the game the Author originally conceived

no matter what your tastes are and which paths you follow, just play the full "Friends in Need" game - I've always played the good guy routes only and I've skipped the dark content without any problem

Reactions: komfolk

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
TBH if you have to leave the game to read a walkthrough to not have an unwanted scene, that's not acceptable. It needs to be in game.
simple solution drop 0x52_URM into your game folder and when options are listed choose the one you really want no WT needed. just remember some choices MAY be hidden due to previous choices, however you can still choose how you will play it.

What about preventing her from being raped at all? I haven't played this yet (as in this game at all - waiting for a non-beta), and if that's something in and not given a choice to prevent, not interested.
she has been raped before you arrive (apparently all previous night) and you are left alone with her in a state of unconsciousness what you do is your choice.

Not 'mkay, huh?

The dude sits on a pile of bucks and publicly gives it away to various weirdos. Didn't he ever think that someone like Lucien might one day drop by for a cup of coffee, stick a gun under his nose and offer to become the largest donor of a private studio making adult films educational content?
ok, Lucien DID NOT drop by, mc is taken to him by Risa. get your facts straight BEFORE you start with supposition.

This completely puts aside that this very problem of MC worrying about his safety is highlighted in the story. We see him reflect on his bad luck and his need to be more prepared, and then he.. Takes steps to do it.
oh you mean like deciding to speak with Alex about learning to defend himself or obtain a bodyguard moments before Risa badgers him into taking her on a journey to her "dealer"? (you know since her car "was towed?")

Not sure where the game is supposed to take place
mentioned quite often especially when talking about the calendar "the Tri-State" area... now since he is from small town Ohio went to the "Big City" that could likely mean it is the New York Tri-City area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. might also help with what beach he intends to take his sister. (but this is not guaranteed as there are many tri-state locations in the North-East.)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
The full public version comes out June 5th I think. Patrons/Subscribers get it earlier, ofc :)

What the other guy said; Friends in Need is full version. Don't forget to patch it, too! It's d/led from the front page. That's what really unlocks everything.

Reactions: Feyd
4.50 star(s) 190 Votes