Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This is one of those games you can't really make up your mind about until you finish it completely. I played a more good guy route as I didn't want to be a "money crazed putting my dick in anything that moves" guy right off the bat, and pretty much came out the other side with a set of blue balls. It seems more development is happening on whatever I missed.

Oh well, guess it'll be finished before the decade ends hopefully? :LOL:
There are quite a few paths, depending on the girls (how much their stories have been developed till now).

You might want to check the walkthrough, page 27: Overview of relationships.

For instance, Nicki has 5 different paths, Ashe 6 paths (they're the girls with most content). Carolina, Madison (Gabby's mom) and Alex haven't any path yet (they have no content yet).

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yeh, but it's quite the jerk option, he's not happy in female shoes, so, whoever he wants to be it's cool. Unless we go on sheer insanity like those that in gender studies say that biological men can get pregnant despite there wasn't a fucking single case in all human history or that cutting off your dick you magically become a biological woman.

With all respect for life choices reality doesn't give a fuck of feelings. Then if someone want to have certain surgeries be my guest by all mean.

I once had the luck to have fun with this young biological woman who had shifting identity and sometimes she wanted to be a guy. Fine to me until there is an actual vagina between the thighs and nothings goes up my arse and when she/he wanted to be a guy i treated her/him like a guy. No biggie. Everyone was happy.
Okay? I don't really see who asked though. I was replying to someone else simply stating another option the game offers.

It's not that deep. I really don't care to discuss this topic again, it's already been brought up like 7 times or however many times it's been brought up.

• Haha
Reactions: Echoesinthedarkness

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
This is one of those games where story is everything and you can't really make up your mind about it all until you finish it completely. I played a more good guy route as I didn't want to be a "money crazed putting my dick in anything that moves" guy right off the bat, and pretty much came out the other side with a set of blue balls. It seems more development is happening on whatever I missed.

You can be a good guy and still get some. I feel like you have to go out of your way to miss out on all the sex scenes thus far. Which is fine, you chose what you wanted, but I'm not sure it's fair to bring up blue balls :unsure: In-game, it's been what? Less than a week? Makes perfect sense from that perspective. I have a feeling the more patient players will get their delayed gratification when time jumps become more doable :) Until then, I guess you can't have your cake & eat it too ;)

Reactions: Feyd and Maviarab

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Okay? I don't really see who asked though. I was replying to someone else simply stating another option the game offers.

It's not that deep. I really don't care to discuss this topic again, it's already been brought up like 7 times or however many times it's been brought up.
You know... still a forum. People posts, other people replies. If this is unacceptable try writing on brick walls.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
You know... still a forum. People posts, other people replies. If this is unacceptable try writing on brick walls.
That's cool, I just don't give a fuck about unsolicited opinions about gender identity or gender politics. Have a good one!

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
That's cool, I just don't give a fuck about unsolicited opinions about gender identity or gender politics. Have a good one!
No sweats. I'm way too old to give a fuck of any sort of politics of any spectrum on any subject whatsoever, dude.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Risa is a trickery one when it comes to sex for sure for me to read. Cause most of the time she treats it as something casual for sure. Then at her home I can't help but feel is more than just casual but a genuine like for the MC and something casual at the same time. Cause yeah her response if you turn her down makes it seem a bit casual but then to want to have sex in her home doesn't feel as casual to me given her living situation but neither does it feel all that romantic. To me it felt like she wanted it to feel good and comforted after spilling her guts out and telling her story , since it wasnt a easy thing to do. But at the same time it does feel like a genuine like and complete trust for the MC. I cant help but feel if it wasnt she wouldn't of risked getting caught in her home with someone she doesn't like a little bit since she lives with a toxic father and a bodyguard that spies on her for the father.
AFAICT, if you turn down sex at the motel, Risa will only repeat the offer in her bedroom if the MC told her he didn't want to take advantage of her. If he flat out tells her he's not interested in her, she just thanks him and doesn't even ask Owen for an extension. In other words, Risa only presses the issue when she thinks the MC might change his mind.

Given that, I think it's a little odd she doesn't address the obvious elephant in the room when she offers the second time. Sure, maybe the MC will assume that by making the offer she must therefore not be feeling exploited, but if he didn't trust her judgement before why would he suddenly trust it now? Risa doesn't need to get into a big debate or anything, just face the issue head on and say she's had plenty of time to sober up and she's still just as interested or something like that.

Reactions: MagicMan753

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Well here it is, a gallery mod to replay scenes in the game

Compatible with: Friends in Need
Game version: 0.60c
Mod version: 0.60c.1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation: place all files into the game folder and overwrite

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I installed the gallery mod and then the unlocker and I get this during normal gameplay:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gallery/gallery_overrides.rpy", line 83, in script
    python:
  File "game/gallery/gallery_overrides.rpy", line 85, in <module>
    renpy.jump("ch3_after_bathroom", ignore_override = True)
TypeError: jump() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_override'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gallery/gallery_overrides.rpy", line 83, in script
    python:
  File "S:\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "S:\renpy-8.1.3-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/gallery/gallery_overrides.rpy", line 85, in <module>
    renpy.jump("ch3_after_bathroom", ignore_override = True)
TypeError: jump() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_override'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Friends in Need Ch9 v.0.60c 
Thu Jun 13 10:27:19 2024

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
This is one of those games where story is everything and you can't really make up your mind about it all until you finish it completely. I played a more good guy route as I didn't want to be a "money crazed putting my dick in anything that moves" guy right off the bat, and pretty much came out the other side with a set of blue balls. It seems more development is happening on whatever I missed.

Off the top of my head, there are positive alignment/non-sleazy scenes for: Nicki, Ashe, Gabby, Risa, Brittani, and Mason.. If you want to be a little sleazy but not evil, there's also teasing content for Viola, Pepper, and Alex. Then the odd obscured nude from the likes of Madison, and bikini pics, etc. for other girls.

This is brought up every so often, and I think the dilemma people find themselves in is that, when you're dealing with a variety of women who all have issues that put them in need of your help, it feels like an innate power imbalance. Which doesn't always feel conducive to a Lawful Good playthrough. Add to that the fact I make every sex act a choice, and it can feel like I'm making the players push the girls into sex.

A good example if Gabby or Ashe's first scene, where the player is required to take the initiative by kissing Gabby, or stopping Ashe from leaving. I tried to make it pretty obvious that they're both into you, and you just have to initiate, buuuuut some people didn't see it that way.

So then I tried to make the girls come onto you, with the player having the choice to refuse - like Mason, Risa, and Brittani. But then people felt that, due to the high-intensity emotional situation they're all in, they still couldn't really consent to it.

So. It's a bit of a pickle.

You can refuse a 2nd time at her place too and then she replies "it's just sex daddy" and you can relent and agree to do it there. That works as an acknowledgement on her part imo, like Guy has already more than proven himself to her at that point, and now she fully wants to have sex with him then as Dessolos said. I think it's clear that Risa just doesn't take sex that seriously at all, it's very casual to her.. like a handshake or something lol.
Yeah, this was really the intent. As someone else said, certain choices to refuse sex lead her to not ask again. Some lead to her trying one more time, and getting shot down and then not asking again. But, not wanting to take advantage leads to her trying again.

I wouldn't say sex for Risa is like a handshake, but more like a fun activity she enjoys, and isn't overly sentimental about. I'd be tempted to label her as aromantic, to a degree. Sex is physical, and doesn't require love to be in the equation. Love is something she feels for people she cares about, irrespective of sex. But romantic love, and the way it intersects with sex, is a bit alien to her.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Off the top of my head, there are positive alignment/non-sleazy scenes for: Nicki, Ashe, Gabby, Risa, Brittani, and Mason.. If you want to be a little sleazy but not evil, there's also teasing content for Viola, Pepper, and Alex. Then the odd obscured nude from the likes of Madison, and bikini pics, etc. for other girls.

This is brought up every so often, and I think the dilemma people find themselves in is that, when you're dealing with a variety of women who all have issues that put them in need of your help, it feels like an innate power imbalance. Which doesn't always feel conducive to a Lawful Good playthrough. Add to that the fact I make every sex act a choice, and it can feel like I'm making the players push the girls into sex.

A good example if Gabby or Ashe's first scene, where the player is required to take the initiative by kissing Gabby, or stopping Ashe from leaving. I tried to make it pretty obvious that they're both into you, and you just have to initiate, buuuuut some people didn't see it that way.

So then I tried to make the girls come onto you, with the player having the choice to refuse - like Mason, Risa, and Brittani. But then people felt that, due to the high-intensity emotional situation they're all in, they still couldn't really consent to it.

So. It's a bit of a pickle.

Yeah, this was really the intent. As someone else said, certain choices to refuse sex lead her to not ask again. Some lead to her trying one more time, and getting shot down and then not asking again. But, not wanting to take advantage leads to her trying again.

I wouldn't say sex for Risa is like a handshake, but more like a fun activity she enjoys, and isn't overly sentimental about. I'd be tempted to label her as aromantic, to a degree. Sex is physical, and doesn't require love to be in the equation. Love is something she feels for people she cares about, irrespective of sex. But romantic love, and the way it intersects with sex, is a bit alien to her.
That part about Risa sounds really interesting. I'm the opposite of Risa I'm very sentimental so let's see if I can show her a new way of looking at sex.

Even though it was only a blowjob I still felt like I took advantage of Mason at the start but now I know he likes it I feel better.

And I like how he got angry at the auto correct that thing always annoys me lol.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
So I took a pretty big break, sometime last year, waiting for Gabby update, that should have come early 2024 (estimated back then). So have we gotten gabby content, or is it still pretty sparse? Especially on the path where you are a dick to her.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
So I took a pretty big break, sometime last year, waiting for Gabby update, that should have come early 2024 (estimated back then). So have we gotten gabby content, or is it still pretty sparse? Especially on the path where you are a dick to her.
I think the next one is going to have Gabby if I recall correctly. It was going to be in the recent update but I think I saw a post saying decided to cut it out and put it in the next because of thinking might be not able to hit or deadline or some scenes ended up being bigger than he anticipated something like that.

Reactions: Kulman

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I think the next one is going to have Gabby if I recall correctly. It was going to be in the recent update but I think I saw a post saying decided to cut it out and put it in the next because of thinking might be not able to hit or deadline or some scenes ended up being bigger than he anticipated something like that.
Yeah, I have a bad habit of grossly underestimating how much work is going to go into an update..

Originally, Chapter 8, 9, and 10 were all supposed to be one update.

So, you'd wake up at Nicki's, your place with Ashe/alone, or in the office with Risa. Then you'd go to the convenience store and meet Brittani/Isabella, only to be pestered by influencers Blizzy and Cutiedoll. Then you'd return home and Risa would ask you for a ride, at which point you'd meet Lucien, Cherry, and Markus. After that, you'd bring Risa home, visit Alex, take Mason shopping, and finally bail out Gabby's dad, alongside Madison and Gabby.

Seemed simple enough! But, once I get into an update and it starts to hit 1k renders, I tend to go, "Alright, I need to find a jumping off point, here."

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, I have a bad habit of grossly underestimating how much work is going to go into an update..

Originally, Chapter 8, 9, and 10 were all supposed to be one update.

So, you'd wake up at Nicki's, your place with Ashe/alone, or in the office with Risa. Then you'd go to the convenience store and meet Brittani/Isabella, only to be pestered by influencers Blizzy and Cutiedoll. Then you'd return home and Risa would ask you for a ride, at which point you'd meet Lucien, Cherry, and Markus. After that, you'd bring Risa home, visit Alex, take Mason shopping, and finally bail out Gabby's dad, alongside Madison and Gabby.

Seemed simple enough! But, once I get into an update and it starts to hit 1k renders, I tend to go, "Alright, I need to find a jumping off point, here."
I have to say bro one of my favourite things about the game is the broader plot of having money and helping people. Other games have tried similar things but haven't pulled it off like this imo. And the name of the game fits the story perfectly.

And I don't have to bang all the girls if I don't want to which is great.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
I have to say bro one of my favourite things about the game is the broader plot of having money and helping people. Other games have tried similar things but haven't pulled it off like this imo. And the name of the game fits the story perfectly.

And I don't have to bang all the girls if I don't want to which is great.
You're a very sick and deranged individual... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes