Alex Starr

Jun 22, 2018
So, i'm trying to turn this on, but I can't seem to find an executable file, and I see the words mac os. I think they linked to the wrong version for pc in the op.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
So, i'm trying to turn this on, but I can't seem to find an executable file, and I see the words mac os. I think they linked to the wrong version for pc in the op.
1.2 uses a version that comes prepacked with an .exe file, an .app file and a linux executable too. So maybe try downloading the top one.

mrx1983

Jan 22, 2021
eeyup there should be files for linux, pc and mac. the best would be to change the directory options of the explorer so that all file extensions are shown. then one can easily see the .exe file.

also one can now directly play online. a slightly modified version of the 240mb compressed version.

user: f95 passw: zone

all the other builds -> https://f95zone.to/threads/friendship-with-benefits-v1-20-twistedscarlett.52542/post-5058560

Kamikaza404

Oct 22, 2020
So, if anyone is still interested in this game, I made a rename mod that changes the names of all characters in the game to their original names from the show. But in fact, it can be used to rename them to whatever name you want!

It also changes character descriptions in the text (their fur color, eyes, etc.) to match the changes from my , and fixes some typos and grammatical mistakes.

But if you don't want to rename anyone, but you are playing with the recolor mod, you can still install it to correct the character descriptions and other mistakes.

HOW TO INSTALL:
  • Download the rename.rpa file
  • (Optional) Download one of the rename-config.rpy files of your choice from one of the folders
  • Place them in the game folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.
Note: if you want to play on your old save file, I suggest saving on the map screen before installing the mod, so that there will be no issues.

About rename-config presets:
  • Original: original names used in the game (already included in the rename.rpa)
  • Old: names that were in the game before the steam release
  • MLP: MLP names
You can also open these files with any text editor and change any name you want.

Download link:

And also with all the info

Last edited:

rickpool98

Dec 11, 2017
So, if anyone is still interested in this game, I made a rename mod that changes the names of all characters in the game to their original names from the show. But in fact, it can be used to rename them to whatever name you want!

It also changes character descriptions in the text (their fur color, eyes, etc.) to match the changes from my , and fixes some typos and grammatical mistakes.

But if you don't want to rename anyone, but you are playing with the recolor mod, you can still install it to correct the character descriptions and other mistakes.

HOW TO INSTALL:
  • (Optional) Download one of the rename-config.rpy files of your choice from one of the folders
Note: if you want to play on your old save file, I suggest saving on the map screen before installing the mod, so that there will be no issues.

• Original: original names used in the game (already included in the rename.rpa)
You can also open these files with any text editor and change any name you want.

Download link:
Google Drive

Do the mods work with the current game for some reason i cannot get the changes for the rename or the recolor to work i placed them both in the game folder but nothing happens.

Kamikaza404

Oct 22, 2020
Do the mods work with the current game for some reason i cannot get the changes for the rename or the recolor to work i placed them both in the game folder but nothing happens.
Did you place them in "Friendship with Benefits/game" folder?

It should look something like this:
screen.png

Reactions: rickpool98

mrx1983

Jan 22, 2021
i think it can make problems with the compressed version (not tested yet). since in the compressed version i use webp and they are also named webp. so it can be that this could cause problems. but as soon as the color mod is complete i will make a version that already includes the color mod anyway. basically as a final edition. i will also credit the creators in it. so for the time being i would try to use the recolor.rpa with the unmodified version.

Reactions: Kamikaza404

Kamikaza404

Oct 22, 2020
yes and i started a new game moxie was still named moxie and lily was still named lily
So, are you using the original version or the compressed one? Like mrx1983 said, the mods may not work with the compressed one for now.

And if you are using the original version, have you also downloaded "rename-config.rpy" file from the "MLP names" folder on the Google Drive?

mrx1983

Jan 22, 2021
@twistedscarlett
\game\sounds\Credits.mp3
is that somewhere used or is this a leftover of some version?
i searched through the files but not found something, if its from another version i at least could drop it for the web version.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
@twistedscarlett
\game\sounds\Credits.mp3
is that somewhere used or is this a leftover of some version?
i searched through the files but not found something, if its from another version i at least could drop it for the web version.
That's just left over

ISJI

Jun 4, 2020

HOW TO INSTALL:

Download link:
Google Drive

Thank you so so much, if this all works with the MLP names, then TwistedScarlett just got a purchase!

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes